joeymp

Why does every person with a gun shoot on sight?

Becouse game rewards killing on sight.

Really? With what? I haven't received any reward yet. Does it come in the mail? Or are you just making shit up?

• Like 2

Theres nothing you can do to 100% prove your friendliness. Its part of the game and doesnt appear to be going anywhere soon. As it shouldnt. 

You know, I feel the same way when I'm playing Battlefield.

On a serious note, people aren't going to change until zombies are a serious threat. So just deal with it.

Really? With what? I haven't received any reward yet. Does it come in the mail? Or are you just making shit up?

well, every kill gives u kinda reward - even if it's only a mental one, like sense of pleasure or the feeling u guys dominated someone.

well, every kill gives u kinda reward - even if it's only a mental one, like sense of pleasure or the feeling u guys dominated someone.

Well, then by the same logic you could say that not killing someone and helping them would provide the same kind of reward.

• Like 1

Well, then by the same logic you could say that not killing someone and helping them would provide the same kind of reward.

It does, obviously.

But the major difference is that as a helper you may die a LOT easier than if you're quietly sitting in a corner waiting to spot someone and kill them as soon as you see them.

well, your totally right with your supposition - take my beans.

some get mental rewards by killing, others get them by helping - slip into the role fits your character best and have some fun.

i higly recommend to try/create different roles

Edited by Guest

I have a gun and I dont shoot everyone on sight...why are you so mean to me?!

Something that's been drilled into my head, is always clear a building with your firearm up. I practice this in ever single shooter I play and have played. I don't look for a headshot, I keep it right at chest level. Also I'm able to spot deadly force easier this way. If I don't see a gun, I give a warning. Now today, I turn the corner in some military building, my magnum right on point, and as I turn the corner, I see a body with an m4 at rest, not shouldered. Before either of us could even speak, I had put four rounds into his chest, purely on reflex.

Sure I felt like a jerk, as had he not been armed, I would of opened contact. Got a free 60mag at least.

When I have a gun I always try not to shoot unless the other player seems aggresive and doesn't reason with me. If the other player has a gun I will warn him to not have his gun equipped in his hands otherwise I shoot him and if he just stays silent and tries anything funny, yes I will shoot him because otherwise I will die. But if I see a player with no gun I will never shoot him for no reason unless he tries to attack me.

• Like 2

I don't. I've been playing on the Civil Warriors server and hanging out at Solychniy, giving new spawns some food and drink and giving new players some advice and even help; all with my Mosin, Revolver, .45, and a crapton of ammo for each. I've only shot one person there, because I walked up and waved, said hi, and asked if he needed anything. Instead of answering he tried to pull his rifle off his back so I shot him in the chest.

If I come across an armed player I tend to simply hide and be ready to return fire, but have never initiated hard contact.

Edited by Hells High

I like killing people and taking their gear and replacing it with my inferior equipment.

...but have never initiated hard contact.

She'll never respect you if you don't initiate hard contact. =P

well, your totally right with your supposition - take my beans.

some get mental rewards by killing, others get them by helping - slip into the role fits your character best and have some fun.

i higly recommend to try/create different roles

I try to make myself play a new role on every life, but for some reason when I start a life saying "I'm going to be ruthless in this one", I always end up being a good guy again. Always get's me killed though, but you tend to reach the point where you have everything you need and are basically begging for it.

• Like 1

I don't trust strangers in real life, why would that change when I log on dayz?

Well yea... the game doesn't in any way reward good guys, but in every way rewards bad guys. Hopefully some of this will change in the future. Maybe with more dangerous zombies for example, people will be more wiling to trust other people, because they need help with the zombies? Who knows? I'm sure Rocket's thining about this a lot, as he's always talking about the survival aspect, something which is currently sadly missing.

The game would indeed be bland without bandits, but bandits should be the exception, not the rule. Maybe some day, one in ten will be up to no good, as opposed to the nine in ten we have now.

Personally, I'm just about ready to give up on playing DayZ as a survival game with neat player interactions. If I just start executing people like everyone else, my life expectancy will improve.

• Like 2

To eliminate potential threats and have a better chance of surviving. 

Or, if they're part of our group, they understand they have a moral duty to exterminate the vermin. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

Well yea... the game doesn't in any way reward good guys, but in every way rewards bad guys.

I've seen plenty of videos that refute your claim. Being friendly can be rewarding in all sorts of ways, not least in gaining friends and/or starting a team, which is and will keep being the most powerful tool in the game.

Why does every person with a gun shoot on sight?

because every person with a gun shoots on sight.

/thread

If it was real life, I wouldn't kos.

But since it's a game, you don't have to fear the consequences. That means every other player I meet has the potential to be my death-sentence.

Better safe than sorry, so I kos.

The only people I trust in this game, are the friends I have on Teamspeak,

I have yet to run into a player with a gun that doesn't shoot on sight. Even if I wave or surrender or call out friendly, they always shoot on sight.

Truse me on this...everytime I hear a high pitched, squeamish teenager voice yelling "FRIENDLYYYYY!!!"...I more than ever want to pull the trigger.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Currently EVERYONE that has played for more than 15 minutes has a gun.

I don't.

Hiked from NE Airfield across to NW and then onto the base below Vybor. Currently heading back to the coast, I miss the sounds of the sea...

Not got a single weapon, not even an axe, out of choice. 

Violence begets violence.

Why not risk being a little less predictable and try not to KOS. Walk up to people then shoot them, at least thats a bit more brazen. As you say, within 15 minutes of dying you could have a gun again.

But I appreciate that without the threat of KOS the alpha would be a bit dull until it is developed further.