Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

What maps would you want in the Standalone?

Which Maps?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Mod Maps?

• Fallujah
    • Lingor
    • Namalsk
    • Panthera
    • Takistan
    • Taviana
    • Oring
    • Podagorsk
    • Other (Please Specify)
  2. 2. New Maps?

• US Based
    • European Based
    • Eastern European Based
    • Carribean/Mediterrainian Based
    • Fictional/Other (Please Specificy)

U.S Based ? Hell NO, I love Chernarus. Why would anyone change it ? And why would anyone think the devs will completely remove actual map and start creating new one, which would take maybe another year ?

Yo sir, are an idiot. 1. No one is forcing you to play other maps 2. No one ever said anything about removing Chernarus and the other maps would simply be in addition to 3. The Devs will most likely not be making any maps and will instead either improve upon already existing maps from Arma II/DayZ Mod or they will rely on the community to provide.  Again I will state, you are a conclusion jumping idiot get you shit straight man.

ALL OF THEM! And all of the ones that haven't been thought up yet!

Oh, and all of Central Europe the Entire World as a single map!

No guns. Imagine the knife fights in Peckham.

Imagine passing a burned out, yellow reliant robin there :(

As for basically anything in Britain, there would be no guns besides military, so i don't think it would work out.
Eh there's still a fair amount of guns here...just only the ones that are useful for things other than just killing people...farmer's have shotguns for pest control (usually very nice ones since farmer's are pretty damn rich) and if you go out into rural areas we have deer stalking and bird shoots still... we just don't feel the need for civilians to be able to buy the latest assault rifles (designed for killing people), pistols (designed for concealed killing of people) or huge caliber rifles (no bears around here anymore) and so you'd struggle to find those outside of military/armed police areas and the licensing and usage is obviously pretty strict!

Back on topic...something other than temperate would be nice, maybe Vietnam for some jungle warfare or as mentioned above some desert/arid landscape action. I think mountains would be a right pain in the arse though
Edited by phlOgistOn

despite the general dislikes of the "metamods" of DayZ, I thought that Taviana and Namalsk were pretty cool maps (AGAIN, not talking about metamods, just the maps).

• Like 1

They already have the Seattle map in ToH, but it would take ages to create the interiors for all the buildings...

Edited by Rantanplan

I personally would just like to see them expand the current map.. No need to fix it if it isn't broken.. I've been all around this map, it's pretty big, but imagine if it were say 3 times larger than it's current state. Maybe even incorperate an interstate for car's and trucks etc...

I voted for Namalsk. It had some really cool solar wind / emp effect on it, along with some crazy scary blood suckers (basically something that was actually terrifying).

But not only that, it had some awesome mountains and cold mechanics. I think if there would be areas in Chernarus where there could be high snowy mountains that you would freeze to death on that would be awesome.

• Like 1

I would love to see the little Russian piece of land between Poland and Lithuania, it's where Kaliningrad is. This would be the location

• Like 1

Australia would be a great map. In addition to the landscape and zombies, you could have wild animals such as, crocodiles, dingos and poisonous snakes. Although it wouldn't be the whole continent, but rather a few ports and a stretch of space inland.

I would honestly like to see what the devs could do with an area similar to that in Project Zomboid. Basically rural US.

• Like 1

I personally would just like to see them expand the current map.. No need to fix it if it isn't broken.. I've been all around this map, it's pretty big, but imagine if it were say 3 times larger than it's current state. Maybe even incorperate an interstate for car's and trucks etc...

What if it is broken.

People rarely venture out and stick to 3 cities in chernarus.

Meanwhile other maps like taviana had people in every corner of the map.

Even takistan seemed to have better player distribution.