mtace93

Mods in the standalone

I've not tried it yet but are mods such as STmovement able to work in game? Client sided mods also? Visuals sounds and so on able to work?

Which is how it should stay.

I wish all games didn't give mod support...oh wait 

• Like 3

Mod support is coming, go look at the roadmap. You don't want mod, that's fine, don't use them.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1

if the mod support is just cosmetical and doesnt give you advantage against other players like putting up crosshair on the screen although it should not be in the veteran mode than I think the mod support should not be integrated...

to say " it's your problem if you don't use it " is just a childish excuse to say someone " I wanna abuse the game, I wanna abuse every possibility to get an advantage against other people, but I don't have any other words to say that to you and I don't want to look like an abuser too "

So I say for that case, sorry dude, just because you suck to play this game without having any help from 3rd party programs does not mean I have to give up my fun of the game for your sake... you paid the game, I paid the game. I prefer play honest and fair, but you do not. So its actually not me who should piss off, its like that the thief is kickin the house owner out of his house (in the logic of who is the right and who is the wrong one but the wrong one tries to get the upper hand by saying its your problem)

I wish all games didn't give mod support...oh wait 

Weak argument is weak.

if the mod support is just cosmetical and doesnt give you advantage against other players like putting up crosshair on the screen although it should not be in the veteran mode than I think the mod support should not be integrated...

to say " it's your problem if you don't use it " is just a childish excuse to say someone " I wanna abuse the game, I wanna abuse every possibility to get an advantage against other people, but I don't have any other words to say that to you and I don't want to look like an abuser too "

So I say for that case, sorry dude, just because you suck to play this game without having any help from 3rd party programs does not mean I have to give up my fun of the game for your sake... you paid the game, I paid the game. I prefer play honest and fair, but you do not. So its actually not me who should piss off, its like that the thief is kickin the house owner out of his house (in the logic of who is the right and who is the wrong one but the wrong one tries to get the upper hand by saying its your problem)

That aimed at me?

LOL good thing rocket and BIS dont agree with you then well its good from my point of view cause mods add content mods often add great content (not always but lets not forget Dayz was a mod lol and its pretty great content..

I dont believe you know what a mod is or atleast your understanding of it is some what flawed...

Mods add content be it models weapons etc etc or they add mechnics via scripting eg maybe you wont be able to get wood from trees in the SA a mod can script that you can get wood from a tree with an axe etc.

Some improve only graphics some balance the game different make zombies weaker or harder etc etc mods are not about getting an advantage over other players those i think you mean hacks etc. MODS or moddifying usually arives from wanting to see something that isnt in the game already or improving to a certain taste what is in the game....

The maker of Dayz is a man who is a modder dayz was a mod of arma2 ROcket is still a modder he likes to in his spare time do modifications to other games outside dayz outside the games BIS make.

I am a modder i like to make 3d models and textures for games i am not trying to cheat merely making new stuff for games i enjoy and offering other people free to use things i have spent hours making them because well i like them you may to you dont like them you dont use them it aint a hard idea figure it out!!!

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 2

I have no problems with mods as long as they are all server based so everyone on that server can benefit from them. No client side mods, that can add unfair advantages.

I think it would be fair to have some mods, ones that give helpful support, such as a persistent map that you could place waypoints on. Since the main point of this game is survival, make it a map that doesn't show a player icon or "you are here" sign, just a map wtih addable waypoints. You'd still need to find a compass to find out where you are and which way you wanna go. Another nice one would be to show player names for anyone within a 20ft radius.

There just has to be rules about it, mods that create an unfair advantage or defeat the whole purpose of the game should obviously not be allowed.

They should add that oblivion mod..whats it called, kahjiit wild eyes...awsome. And more masks...all kinds of masks

Weak argument is weak.

How so? Dayz started as a mod, the fact that some of the playerbase is anti-moding kind of proves how dense this community really is.

I agree.  If someone wants modding, they can go play the mod.

They have already said they want to add modding support. Don't know how it will work though.

Weak argument is weak.

Ironic.

Edited by IcyBlade

I'd like to see mod support for stuff that gives improved sound etc... such as JSRS for Arma2..that was awesome

How so? Dayz started as a mod, the fact that some of the playerbase is anti-moding kind of proves how dense this community really is.

Why? I really don't see what difference the fact that DayZ started life as a mod makes. If something is detrimental to the game, sometimes it's just a better idea not to allow it.

Weak argument is weak.

Come on now give him some beans for trying.

Edited by Morrow

Why? I really don't see what difference the fact that DayZ started life as a mod makes. If something is detrimental to the game, sometimes it's just a better idea not to allow it.

So how is having mods to this game detrimental? The metamods and private hives were what resurrected DayZ Mod when the hacking in vanilla became unbearable.

If vanilla keeps the hackers out, it won't die, and it and the future mods can co-exist absolutely fine. The metamods didn't kill vanilla, they were a refugee camp. A symptom.

I'm not even trying to be antagonistic, I'd just really love to hear an actual anti-modding argument. So far the only ones I've been able to find have boiled down to "lol epoch was fuggin stoopid m8". If you've got an actual argument against modding, I'd absolutely love to hear it.

Edited by tomroadrunner

I think it would be fair to have some mods, ones that give helpful support, such as a persistent map that you could place waypoints on. Since the main point of this game is survival, make it a map that doesn't show a player icon or "you are here" sign, just a map wtih addable waypoints. You'd still need to find a compass to find out where you are and which way you wanna go. Another nice one would be to show player names for anyone within a 20ft radius.

There just has to be rules about it, mods that create an unfair advantage or defeat the whole purpose of the game should obviously not be allowed.

There's already something like this in the game i believe its called a map! :D Although having a compass doesn't show where you are. (confirmed with a piece of map not sure if it is possible to combine all map pieces).

Names are on recruit servers i think.

But anyways i don't mind the idea of server wide mods. I don't really like the idea of client side mods ie making all clothing bright purple so they are clearly visible or stretching of the hat/head 100 feed into the air

Edited by Ynneead

So how is having mods to this game detrimental? The metamods and private hives were what resurrected DayZ Mod when the hacking in vanilla became unbearable.

If vanilla keeps the hackers out, it won't die, and it and the future mods can co-exist absolutely fine. The metamods didn't kill vanilla, they were a refugee camp. A symptom.

I'm not even trying to be antagonistic, I'd just really love to hear an actual anti-modding argument. So far the only ones I've been able to find have boiled down to "lol epoch was fuggin stoopid m8". If you've got an actual argument against modding, I'd absolutely love to hear it.

Divided the community and led to the downfall of the game with 1,000 vehicle, "easy mode" servers. It was literally impossible to play the mod properly on a populated server by the end.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

Divided the community and led to the downfall of the game with 1,000 vehicle, "easy mode" servers. It was literally impossible to play the mod properly on a populated server by the end.

Truth, dont forget those who pushed to capitalize with regurgitated scripts and purchaseable loot around every bend pushing one to the extent to become the magical man who tried to sell a modception concept as his own game......