Sign in to follow this  
Beam17

Zombie spawns.

Been playing for about 4-5 days now and me and my buddy are enjoying it

A LOT.

Now for my question, it seems like the zombies are very inconsistent sometimes. Like in a small village we will see about 10-15 zombies, so we decide to take them out so we can move around a little easier. But it seems most of the time once you start shooting, zombies come out of nowhere. 15-20 will become 50 zombies.

Now i understand this is hardcore, but i feel as though there should be other alternatives other then using stealth the whole time. We should be able to risk death and ammo shooting up zombies. Maybe put a 5 minute respawn timer or something? Or tone it down on the smaller towns and villages.

Like i said though im new, maybe im not doing it right, but this is what it feels like to me, seems like if you shoot just ONE your in a lot of trouble, because 50 other zombies will just spawn out of nowhere, kinda ruins the immersion a bit.

Any thoughts or advice?

because 50 other zombies will just spawn out of nowhere' date=' kinda ruins the immersion a bit.

[/quote']

Absolutely it does, I agree. And I hope it will get fixed/adjusted, I know there have been a lot of issues of late with zombie spawn timers being messed up, so I'm chalking it up to that (even though I thought Rocket said that was getting fixed in one of the hotfixes from a couple of days ago). I can't imagine it's supposed to be this way, so let's assume it's a bug and will be fixed. :)

Along the same lines, another thing zombies should NEVER do, that completely and utterly destroys immersion and "realism" (which is what Rocket's going for), is spawning right in front of and around you, where you can see them spawn in! Terrible. I want this game to use the L4D method of at least trying (as best it can) to hide spawns out of sight and away from you so you don't see it. You should never be able to see it--let alone have them popping up right in front of you, which a lot of people are reporting happening lately. But again, I'm assuming this issue has something to do with the broken respawn timers or something and will be dealt with.

There's nothing worse than sneaking your way into a village with only a handful of zeds only to have 20 more spawn all around you while you're in a house.