raynor009

Settling Down - Bases

So I was talking to my friend yesterday about cars and then at some point bases came out. We were thinking about a nice place to set camp, not too far up north but not too close to the coast either. So as I'm typing this I came across this place:

Day_Z_2014_01_12_15_28_45_41.pngDay_Z_2014_01_12_15_29_21_67.pngDay_Z_2014_01_12_15_30_27_11.png

There is only one opening in the fence, enough place for a Little Bird maybe, and I could probably slip a car through there too. There is also this shack that could protect me/us from rain and any wild animals(?). So what potential base spots have you scouted so far? Have you even thought about it? Leave a reply and some pics if you can :D. Thanks and good luck.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

Haven't even considered it considering what will change, but I hope that we can place storage units (like tents) in buildings this time. I'd post up in a building...assuming they fix ghosting.

I like it dude,

There is a rather small town east of the NEAF, it's not officially a town but has like 5 houses and a barn to the hills in the north,

Welcome to woodbury :P

Share my fave base spots?? no way!! lol :) 

Mine would be off in the woods in 1 of 3 spots that luckily survived into SA. Building near structures would feel a bit to exposed for me....i like a tight group of lush pine trees to nestle my tents in :)

I found an awesome spot behind NW Airfield.. probably a quite common one though.. but the feel of an "abandoned" railwaystation with even some traincarts left.. + some kiosks etc..   just immediately thought of this same idea "this is where Ill setup my base" =) 

Share my fave base spots?? no way!! lol :)

Mine would be off in the woods in 1 of 3 spots that luckily survived into SA. Building near structures would feel a bit to exposed for me....i like a tight group of lush pine trees to nestle my tents in :)

If it's still Chernarus we are talking about here then you got no place to hide from me hehe... As soon as I get my hands on a vehicle I will be searching for peoples camps and bases like a mad man . I played the mod a lot and I know every single potential base spot.

Edited by raynor009

You are so wrong raynor ;-) I had many tents in mod, All them got robbed except one, this will be my hiding spot in SA. It was never found and survived months. I hope it will work this time too.

In the mod i always made stashes and tents in the ruined village of Kumryna, south of Guglovo. In a month of playing it was never discovered and people rarely venture in to look around as they assume nothing of value will be there. Was nice having a little campfire in the ruins of my ol' church :p

deep NW down the back side of a hill had a camp site for many months . very hard to get to without transportation .

If we will be able to lock or craft doors, I will create my base in one of the apartments, on 4-5th floor

Edited by Gdaddy22

Im hoping the forest density improves and they introduce treehouse building with placeable ladders....my minecraft building skills will then be put to some good use lol

Rog actually.

Not too far north lol. Ima tell you right now, putting a base at Rog is a massive mistake, especially now that the spawns are different.

The north has been massively expanded and the north west as well. I would think about those places.

Edited by Good Greef

Haven't even considered it considering what will change, but I hope that we can place storage units (like tents) in buildings this time. I'd post up in a building...assuming they fix ghosting.

If you plan on having a base that you've built from the ground up, you'd have to do that on a private hive, or a private server linked to the main hive.

That way ghosting is almost impossible.

Edited by FlyingPurpleHippo

I've always liked the Zelenogorsk apartments. I enjoy watching the street and reading books that I find. I have quite a bit of food stored by the bed. If it's dangerous out on the street I like to take my axe out and clear the bastards out. I'm right next to the old police car and shop, too.

Not too far north lol. Ima tell you right now, putting a base at Rog is a massive mistake, especially now that the spawns are different.

The north has been massively expanded and the north west as well. I would think about those places.

Who said I'm going to make my base there? I just said it would be a nice spot. The view from on top of the antenna is awesome.