Sign in to follow this  
smeewth

Ground Clutter

Hello,

I've searched but didn't came up with anything yet that answered this question. (or i just suck at searching :P)

Will there be a ground clutter option added to the settings area of DayZ SA? Ground clutter (grass, plants) is causing a lot of FPS drop and i wish i could bring it down just a tiny notch for a little FPS boost.

And yes i know you can remove it manually but you aren't supposed to do that so i wont do that :x

Not sure if this helps, but Configure -> Video -> Quality -> Objects does turn down details such as grass, however it also hinders your ability to see doors/through windows at further distances by distorting the textures.

Then again, Video -> Rendering -> Alpha to Coverage has options regarding trees/grass.

If you haven't checked these out already, I'd suggest doing so. :) Apart from that, I have no idea whether or not they plan to add a "ground clutter" option.

Edited by Sab

Not sure if this helps, but Configure -> Video -> Quality -> Objects does turn down details such as grass, however it also hinders your ability to see doors/through windows at further distances by distorting the textures.

Then again, Video -> Rendering -> Alpha to Coverage has options regarding trees/grass.

If you haven't checked these out already, I'd suggest doing so. :) Apart from that, I have no idea whether or not they plan to add a "ground clutter" option.

I set that lower already, i guess all i can do is hope they give you the option to reduce the ground clutter somewhat. 

Or hope they will recode the engine to a 64-bit engine which will allow everybody to fully use their specs and the game will be A LOT smoother.