rmc_blackcat

None violent dayz possible?

While messing around in dayz today I was thinking, can dayz actually be played without an m4 or mosin and still be fun?  A lot of peoples main aim seems to be to get a gun and military gear and go shoot people, but is there enough to do in dayz to have fun without doing this?

So  I set my self the task of meeting up with some one and giving them a book in Berezino, only weapon I have is a wood chopping axe for zombies.  How long do you think it will be before a player decides to kill me?  

As of today I saw one guy run through Berezino also with an axe, I tried to follow and give him a book but he seemed to be running full sprint for the airfield.  Maybe in day 2 I will have more luck?   ^_^

Honestly.. other than 'having a laugh' with friends, holding people up and killing people.. there isn't MUCH else to do.

The final game will be much more worth while when you want to do that kind of thing but this early in the Alpha there is little point.

There isn't much point playing the whole survival game when your character could get wiped at any time.

Thats my opinion. You bought the game and it's yours to do what you want with it, but if you really, really don't want to be violent in the real game then at least get it all out now so that when it's released you can then take the survival challenge.

I have yet to use a gun against anyone other than bandits. I like to search and loot, and if people need help, I give them help. Bandits get shot on sight.

I have yet to use a gun against anyone other than bandits. I like to search and loot, and if people need help, I give them help. Bandits get shot on sight.

Fortunately, all bandits wear a pink baseball cap so we can differentiate them from other players.

• Like 4

Fortunately, all bandits wear a pink baseball cap so we can differentiate them from other players.

I was thinking bandits were anything that moves.

• Like 5

I try and communicate with people, give peeps the benifit of the doubt and every time, without fail I get killed. I love this game but man alive it is pissing me off. Not the game I might add, the Aimbot hack freaks who silently "appear" behind you and shoot in the back of the head.

I am trying to find a way around this but its really fucking me off now. I did a search on google for aimbots and blow me, how accessible are they!! Accesable enough to have a Subscription based business model! FFS!!!! 

It seems to me that it boils down to two choices. Stay on teh beach and fight (and probabilly die) OR stay alive running through the rest of teh map, never seeing anyone and running into the same god damn houses time and time again!

Sorry, I have hijacked the thread slightly, let me bring it back to topic:

Loot Magnets!

Available as part of a Hack Sandwhich. No idea what this is but a reasonable guess would be that item spawns are favoured around a certain area, where your avatar is. This could account for missing loot! No?

lmaooooooooooooooooooo you sound abit like me, I seem to be living like a hobo! calling different shacks and camps my own out in the middle of no where.. occasionally doing some loot runs in small towns then heading off to live my life away from humans and zombies :') I don't think I'm playing day z properly XD

• Like 2

Here's an idea:

Devs, please let us build huge man traps in the woods and call in a very large tsunami. Lets fill those valleys with Seawater and force thems that don't die a watery death, actually dies by way of a steaked pit death. HA!

While messing around in dayz today I was thinking, can dayz actually be played without an m4 or mosin and still be fun?  A lot of peoples main aim seems to be to get a gun and military gear and go shoot people, but is there enough to do in dayz to have fun without doing this?

So  I set my self the task of meeting up with some one and giving them a book in Berezino, only weapon I have is a wood chopping axe for zombies.  How long do you think it will be before a player decides to kill me?  

As of today I saw one guy run through Berezino also with an axe, I tried to follow and give him a book but he seemed to be running full sprint for the airfield.  Maybe in day 2 I will have more luck?   ^_^

you will be killed by the first person you see. people either think that you're an idiot for 'being friendly' or they'll just kill you on sight because they should be playing cod

I've gotten "geared up" again ... but I use it to help others if possible, although I almost never see anyone. I like to clear towns of Zeds when going in. If I lose the gear, I lose it, no big deal, then survival starts all over again, which is half the fun .. ok .. not quite half  :)

Deacon

Interacting with other players is the primary point of the game. You aren't supposed to know whether or not they're going to give you some food or shoot you dead. Thats what makes Day Z so unique. 

As new content begins to flood in, people will soon forget about murdering on the coast.... at least a good chunk of 'em.

I don't carry a firearm at all ATM. No M4, Mosin or handgun. I've got a fireaxe for the Zs and a backpack full of medical supplies. I'm not having any difficulty staying alive out there.

If you mean non-violent in the Buddist sense, i.e. not killing anything, then it's probably do-able. You'll be doing a lot of extra running around to lead off the Zs, and players will be a challenge, but as long as you're not trying to hand off one of those vege cookbooks at NWAF or NEAF you should be okay.

PS: Yes I know I'm mixing up my Buddists and Hari Krishna's. Bite me!

Edited by DJPorterNZ

IMO you only need a gun to kill other players.

Once you get an axe and food/water the game is easy.

As already mentioned (a million times), there will be a ton other things to do as the build progresses, but until then you gotta hang in there and keep your self entertained.

you will be killed by the first person you see. people either think that you're an idiot for 'being friendly' or they'll just kill you on sight because they should be playing cod

I played as a bandit type in the dayz mod because you could just walk into a barn and pick up a decent gun and ammo at that time, but right now the only real place to find guns is one of the airfields.  So depends how they are armed if you can judge them hostile,  I see some one with a gun I run and hide or shoot them if I have a weapon aimed at me.  Usually I see people before they see me so its easier to figure if they are hostile.  

I'm just thinking of the options on how to play this game since its more an open world survival game than fps shoot on sight game.  I already have games like arma 3 where I can easily go around gun-ho and shoot everything in sight :D.  The main aim though it is get some fun interactions because just run to airfield find m4 run to electro shoot on sight die, repeat is just boring.  

• Like 1