Sign in to follow this  
ItzNasha

Has anyone else encountered the 'amazing' bandits that camp Balota airstrip?

Got to Balota with a friend last night... loot everywhere, looked untouched, headed off to the prison building at the Eastern end and opened the door to FIVE guys sitting with guns aimed at the door. Assholes.

I got shot at yesterday by a really bad shot, (my fault for running on the road) and I knew where the bastage was. I Flanked him hard and he was trapped in his gas station so he logged! I was choked. 

One of my biggest pet peeves is hitting a wall with your axe when your fighting zombies and it sounds like a friggen gun shot ricochet. Scares the hell out of me every time.

Well in the vary short amount of time I have been playing I have learned that mil bases and airstrips are KOS areas. Your not out of luck though. I find that if your already armed before heading to an airstrip or mil base your much better off. If your unarmed when you go there, your chances of being killed or kidnapped or much higher. Being armed gives much more options, you can KOS, makes other people who are armed think twice and sometimes even gives you bargaining power. 

The last time I made it through airstrip I was armed, while inside a barrack I was prox com, "come out slow". I informed them they were not taking my stuff, and if they wanted it they would have to come in and at least one of them would die and it would turn out really bad for everyone. Or we could just team up or one of us could leave. I ended up teaming up with them lol I don't think any of us wanted a shoot out. I made some new friends, they turned out to be decent people. I was lucky that time.

But be prepared to fight. Don't be afraid, but don't be careless. Its just a game, but it does suck to have to start all over. Be armed in those areas. 

Edited by CJFlint