Sign in to follow this  
LetLiveEverything

How to reset a character on purpose?

I used the search function this time, so if there is another topic like this somewhere already, I apologize, but I would like to reset my character on purpose. However, is there a way to do so without waiting for someone or something to kill me?

To me, starting completely fresh is the most fun part of this game right now. I love feeling a little bit helpless. However, I have never once experienced my character being reset. I always keep my stuff, and even if I change servers, I'm in the exact same spot with all my equipment. Sometimes, it gets a bit boring being fully equipped with not much else to do except look for people to kill, and since I don't want to be made out as a bandit, I'd rather avoid doing that.

So is there a way to reset my character that I'm just not seeing? Something that doesn't involve changing my Steam name?

I used the search function this time, so if there is another topic like this somewhere already, I apologize, but I would like to reset my character on purpose. However, is there a way to do so without waiting for someone or something to kill me?

To me, starting completely fresh is the most fun part of this game right now. I love feeling a little bit helpless. However, I have never once experienced my character being reset. I always keep my stuff, and even if I change servers, I'm in the exact same spot with all my equipment. Sometimes, it gets a bit boring being fully equipped with not much else to do except look for people to kill, and since I don't want to be made out as a bandit, I'd rather avoid doing that.

So is there a way to reset my character that I'm just not seeing? Something that doesn't involve changing my Steam name?

suicide may be ?

jump from the roof or smthing like that ? there is many ways to see message "You are dead" you can even jump from stairs lol  :D

Join a populated server, find another player (preferably with a weapon), get close to him. If you're not dead already by now just ask him to kill you. Done!

Or just jump from a building if you're not that social..

Edited by Problematic

Find and climb as many ladders as you can. They won't hesistate.

Now that's just asking for it!

• Like 1

I ran off a school building roof couple days ago, when I wanted to start fresh with my friend (who ran off the roof by accident :D ).

Worked like a charm.

Edited by Badass Preacher

Two days ago I jumped fully geared from a house in cherno and today again fully geared I tried to give all my shit to the first person who responded in voice or textchat to me.

Didn't work. I encountered 7 people. I talked over voice chat and wrote in chat, I used 2 languages - absolutely nothing.  

All they can do is suicide at solnichniy and run back into the elekro meatgrinder.

I'm glitched, stuck in a closed room on the Rify, I fell through the floor. I can't kill myself nor can my friends get to me to shoot me. Anyone have an idea of what I can do.

I'm glitched, stuck in a closed room on the Rify, I fell through the floor. I can't kill myself nor can my friends get to me to shoot me. Anyone have an idea of what I can do.

Starve to death leave your game on while you're doing something else

maybe a friend can agro a Zed to your area, they aren't encumbered with physics like walls and such, they' can move thru it to kill you.

• Like 1

Zeds are far away from there...you really tried everything to get out? Using V, running fists up, unshouldering weapon against the walls?

Then I might suggest you to change servers continuously and very quickly. Try to use the issue that sometimes causes the character not to save on tha hive when you switch servers too fast while still loading...maybe trying with servers that have an high ping and exiting sometimes even when waiting on host may work. I would give it a try, if I were you.

Reset on purpose, not to escape a bug or glitch, stuck in walls, trapped in debug fields? Seriously?

Let me think.  Run to the coast (only if you must restart on the coast), drop everything you have except a pair of shoes, a pocketless t-shirt, and your flashlight with battery (if you still have it).  Good as new.  Just look out for anyone that picks up your old kit.

Reset on purpose, not to escape a bug or glitch, stuck in walls, trapped in debug fields? Seriously?

Let me think.  Run to the coast (only if you must restart on the coast), drop everything you have except a pair of shoes, a pocketless t-shirt, and your flashlight with battery (if you still have it).  Good as new.  Just look out for anyone that picks up your old kit.

Or, if you don't have a flashlight, run up to a new spawn and drop all your gear and simply tell them they can have it all, all they have to do is shoot you in the head.

I wonder how many freshies you'd have to try this with before they actually did it, and not just run off screaming into the hills? Hmm... might have to try that later today...

Figured I'd let others know if not already.

When I was stuck in the room smashed 'W' after pressing play and the game world was loading, I warped/ran/glided out of the room. :)

• Like 3

I don't know if this works but change your Steam name and Delete your Character information for the past Character.