Sign in to follow this  
Arciere

Suddenly stopping and unable to do anything.

Is anyone else having this problem? Me and a buddy had this happen to us 4 times today. We'd be running and all of the sudden both of our cursors would jerk in another direction and we wouldn't be able to do anything besides Alt+F4. We can't even bring up the game menu...And we reverted to where we were a few minutes ago and it happened at the exact same time four separate times.

I apologize if this is the desync issue that I seen so many topics about, but nobody mentioned this happening in the first couple desync threads that I viewed, we both had desync issues earlier today, but this happened once inland today much earlier in our run. Then it happened along the shore 3 times in nearly the same exact place before we decided to call it a night. 

Any help or information that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

my dayz buddy had this problem today as well and as a result lost all his gear due to a restart*

*he got killed by a guy who tried to off us both after I tried to initiate conversation with him... I hope he really feels dumb now because he gained nothing and even lost all his sweet gear. And he taught me something... now I can have a Mosin AND an M4 :)

Are you playing on official servers UK/US/DE etc etc...

Yes of course.

It's rubberbanding

But why did it only start happening to me yesterday? Hasn't this been an issue since that game was released?

What the OP is talking about isn't rubberbanding. What happens is when you are running, all of a sudden you stop and start spinning in a slow circle. I've had this a few times and generally comes only after I die and use the respawn button. Only fix I've come across is what you say - alt+f4. Only preventative measure you can take is when you die, relog the server instead of using the respawn button.

Is anyone else having this problem? Me and a buddy had this happen to us 4 times today. We'd be running and all of the sudden both of our cursors would jerk in another direction and we wouldn't be able to do anything besides Alt+F4. We can't even bring up the game menu...And we reverted to where we were a few minutes ago and it happened at the exact same time four separate times.

I apologize if this is the desync issue that I seen so many topics about, but nobody mentioned this happening in the first couple desync threads that I viewed, we both had desync issues earlier today, but this happened once inland today much earlier in our run. Then it happened along the shore 3 times in nearly the same exact place before we decided to call it a night. I have to add, that for the first few days of me playing the game (around NY), right before that patch, I didn't experience these problems, then they started to happen frequently.

Any help or information that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

This is the reason that i took a break from this game until this is fixed. I just don't have patience anymore to go through restarting the game when i freeze, and get transported 5 min of sprinting back. It's NOT lag, it's NOT rubberbanding per se, it's a problem on a whole different level.

Yep, not rubberbanding, there's a few reports on it already.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=1185

Happened to me twice just now, first time the character was spinning and second time stuck still. Time to stop playing until next patch I guess.

exactly what happened to me just now... i was searching for loot at the NEAF and was "teleported" into the woods, spinning around without any control... i restartet the game, my character was on a position i had been 5-10 mins before, at the heli crash near the shore noth of berezino... i ran to NEAF again and just before i enter the first building i find myself next to the crashsite again unable to do anything

Any progress in this game regarding this issue? It's basically the only reason I don't play at the moment.