Sign in to follow this  
Ndemco

Died to prone rolling bug.

Me and a guy were trying to kill each other for ten minutes. I was prone on the hospital roof and caught him walking up the ladder. All I had to do was stand up and shoot him and he was dead. Rather than standing up, my character randomly rolled to the right, off the roof (even though the hospital roof has a small wall the would make it impossible to roll off) and died. My hours worth of gear is lost to a bug. Anyone else have this randomly rolling while prone problem?

Me and a guy were trying to kill each other for ten minutes. I was prone on the hospital roof and caught him walking up the ladder. All I had to do was stand up and shoot him and he was dead. Rather than standing up, my character randomly rolled to the right, off the roof (even though the hospital roof has a small wall the would make it impossible to roll off) and died. My hours worth of gear is lost to a bug. Anyone else have this randomly rolling while prone problem?

Do you even look at the popup when the game starts, or just press I understand without even looking at it

Hate this alpha fanboys...he just asked if this happened to somebody else...let him live, he's not complaining or attacking or anything else, so why attack him instead of reading and answering or just passing away?

Had a similar issue one time, rolled down a "school" and didn't even press E...that was fun. But there was still massime rubberbanding so I can't tell you if it was the same thing as yours.

The only solution is to avoid roofs or spend very little time on them, for the moment.

Uhm, and by saying that I confess that I died yesterday on a ladder again lol, so I understand that it's difficult not to go up there.

• Like 5

Yep, happened to me a lot as I always look under the beds in the military barracks.

I believe that press 'C' instead of 'X' is more safe to not trigger that bug.

• Like 1

Lol, kg360, I know this is an alpha. Like Gugolas said, I was just asking if anyone else has experienced this bug, and venting my frustration at how this guy got all my loot when it should have been the other way around, not my frustration at the game itself.

Thanks for the advice Isamu7, I'll try that out!

It's got nothing to do with the fact it's alpha. It's simply the arma engine. I remember dying to a tree branch in the mod. I strongly doubt these random bugs will ever be 100% stamped out.

Do you even look at the popup when the game starts, or just press I understand without even looking at it

Do you even read people's posts or simply respond every time with "it's alpha hurr durrr". Stop being the epitome of a fanboy please. It's embarassing (for you).

• Like 1

Dude he was literally just asking a fucking question. He wasn't rude at all. What the fuck is this shit? Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

maybe you just fucking suck.. sucking isn't a bug..

16 posts and this is where you're at?

Welcome to the forums; I'm sure you're going to be a top notch contributor. I look forward to sharing your wisdom.

Yep, happened to me earlier, but I was just in a building so no big deal.  Bug was I was prone, anytime I hit X to get up my guy rolled, forget which way.  Annoying as hell.

If it's any consolation - it was probably hilarious to watch.

• Like 1

Why don't you go to the bug tracker or whatever the heck it is and see if anyone has the same problem? Riiight?

If it's any consolation - it was probably hilarious to watch.

Your mean, funny and true but mean LOL