Geopr86

Any bandits that don't kill on sight?

It's called being a bandit not a serial killer lol. I really like the handcuffs because they give you the ability to take People's gear without killing them. Hopefully it encourages less killing on sight. I want to be a crafty bandit and set traps and stuff. Here's a video of me robbing a guy. Anyone have any footage of robbing people?

• Like 1

I'm actually in the processes of making a full bandits guide 100 page strong, some of it will be of course stories that i'm able to find, dealing the major differences between Bandits and those who call them selves bandits.

I try to play a actual kind bandit, almost like roleplaying a character.

Edited by Bash Arkin

A lot of the time when people have tried to hold me up they get way too nervy, begin panicking and start letting off shots. Carrying out a non-lethal hold up is quite a skill I think, and lots of players need to work at it. 

Good video, he definitely wasn't having a great day. I like the handcuffs in the game, as you said it encourages less KOS kills and is an interesting concept, I've seen some harsh situations where players will handcuff their hostage and leave them there to starve. 

I kinda wanted some blood so I took hostage of someone took 2 blood bags from him, then I healed him with a saline pack.

Nice lol. I want to try some torture next. Maybe force feeding rotten fruits Lol.

In the mod, my group was 100% kos. In the SA, we're trying very very hard to be non-kos (ie, arrested people, rob them, let them go) but we aren't having luck.. .people tend to combat log (tech not in combat) when we tell them to drop their weapons or they just want to be shot and get it over with it. My experience so far. People who combat log when you try to hold them up is soooo annoying, so we will probably just start KOS'ing again.

In the mod, my group was 100% kos. In the SA, we're trying very very hard to be non-kos (ie, arrested people, rob them, let them go) but we aren't having luck.. .people tend to combat log (tech not in combat) when we tell them to drop their weapons or they just want to be shot and get it over with it. My experience so far. People who combat log when you try to hold them up is soooo annoying, so we will probably just start KOS'ing again.

Yeah until combat logging is fixed (and to another extent, more items are added to the game + harder zombies and also item degradation mattering), Robbing people will continue to remain more of an RP element in the alpha.

I fully expect as more things are added that robbing people will be more prevalent.

With that said, many people will probably take what they need then execute their prisoner.. but if you're surrounded and you want the best chance of getting out alive, you'll probably have to go with the whole robbing encounter and hope/beg/plead that they don't execute you after..

But you'll also still find people who would rather rambo it 5 v 1 rather than be taken prisoner. Those types of player will probably die quickly and often 

Hmm good to see non lethal banditry BUT have to say far from the most professional  hold i have seen .

1 did you know he was alone?? maybe you missed the section in the vid where you watched him to scope the situation he may have had 3 buddies up stairs with him and if he had you were dead.

2 you showed your hand to soon from where he was when you told him not to move put hands up you really had a small chance of killing him if he didnt comply (actually surprised he didnt attempt to waste your ass coming in cause you went through the front door with no visual of him what stopped him from pulling that m4 full auto as you came in (good luck in this case and luck makes for a short career)

3 less about your job than about game mindset your life is your loot why give up why not go out guns blazing/axe/fists... you luckily found one of the few survivours who well wanted to survive (see point 2 and the use of luck LOL )

But you have my beans for doing what is hard to do and thats rob without killing(oh by the way the more people who cuff then kill there victims the harder your robbing will become as more people see surrender=death.....

Keep up the good (what a thing to say robbing as good work) cause honestly i wouldnt have given up as him i would have done my best to have wasted you , probably i would have died quick but i may have taken you with me (again this is more related to when i have allowed capture hoping for some chance of life i have recieved abuse in voice chat torture and death (force feeding is super common LOL )

• Like 1

Hmm good to see non lethal banditry BUT have to say far from the most professional hold i have seen .

1 did you know he was alone?? maybe you missed the section in the vid where you watched him to scope the situation he may have had 3 buddies up stairs with him and if he had you were dead.

2 you showed your hand to soon from where he was when you told him not to move put hands up you really had a small chance of killing him if he didnt comply (actually surprised he didnt attempt to waste your ass coming in cause you went through the front door with no visual of him what stopped him from pulling that m4 full auto as you came in (good luck in this case and luck makes for a short career)

3 less about your job than about game mindset your life is your loot why give up why not go out guns blazing/axe/fists... you luckily found one of the few survivours who well wanted to survive (see point 2 and the use of luck LOL )

But you have my beans for doing what is hard to do and thats rob without killing(oh by the way the more people who cuff then kill there victims the harder your robbing will become as more people see surrender=death.....

Keep up the good (what a thing to say robbing as good work) cause honestly i wouldnt have given up as him i would have done my best to have wasted you , probably i would have died quick but i may have taken you with me (again this is more related to when i have allowed capture hoping for some chance of life i have recieved abuse in voice chat torture and death (force feeding is super common LOL )

Thank you sir. Well firstly I had been watching him for quite a while. At least 8 min. He was definitely alone. I guess you could say I'm a noon bandit. There were many things I could have done better and I realized that after watching the video. And I also agree with you on fighting back. Had I been in his position I might have put my main gun down to make my attacker feel safe and maybe pulled out my pistol. I want to put some more vids up. Maybe if I get robbed and I am able retaliate, it will give some good footage.

Only time I kill on sight is when the prey doesn't comply or is visibly disobeying the orders we give him. His can of beans isnt worth getting axed or shot in the face

• Like 1

Our group has a standing policy to handcuff ALL contacts, peaceful or otherwise. In an effort to make it a positive experience for everyone involved, we even handcuff any fresh spawns we come across-- if you don't have anything of value, we tend to actually help you out instead. Found one poor guy as we were leaving Elektro, he identified as friendly, and we slapped the cuffs on him. Poor li'l bambi had a half pack full of cans, and no way to open them. I "stole" all his cans, and gave him a few bags of rice, tuna, and a couple canteens, then uncuffed him and told him some of the key locations back in town that had goodies we left behind (Magnum in the fire station, few fruits and sodas left in the store) and he seemed rather surprised that we let him go. Granted, he was a smart bambi, and I saw him constantly checking back on us over his shoulder as he walked away, so I like to think he kept a watchful eye for anyone else that wanted to peek inside his pack.

Haha here is another. My buddy Colonel Angus and I having fun with some noobs in Solnichniy a while back. The poor fellas just bought the game that day, lessons were learned. 

Robbing a Poor Bambi DayZ Standalone:

Geopr86, on 10 Jan 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:

Nice lol. I want to try some torture next. Maybe force feeding rotten fruits Lol.

You are a douche bag.

The only thing handcuffs encourage is force feeding

Maybe. I run with a group of guys who most of which are actually friendly. Sometime we handcuff to make sure someone we are helping doesn't try to kill us. We actually throw stuff into their inventory. I play all kinds of ways. I just like bandit the best. 

• Like 1

Maybe. I run with a group of guys who most of which are actually friendly. Sometime we handcuff to make sure someone we are helping doesn't try to kill us. We actually throw stuff into their inventory. I play all kinds of ways. I just like bandit the best.

If a group approached me and said we will handcuff you for safety, i wouldnt mind, however when they start handcuffing without approval, and then say "we just want to have a little fun", no thank you.

I even had "oh dont kill him, i want to keep him".

However a larger, well armed group has nothing to fear from a single player, armed with a battery and a flashlight, so i dont really see a need for handcuffs.

It was a good idea, ruined by players, just like in stomping land

• Like 1

i think the hardest thing is finding a guy that´s smart enough not to open up out of his rusty mosin on three fully geard badasses.

Now that the AKM madness has invested all the servers kos mayham is all loose.

in the last two days allone i HAD to shoot 6 players out off selfdefense. i didnt hear the word friendly since a week. 

i would be greatfull for being warned and just getting robbed, instead of getting shot.

but no one really trys 

i think the hardest thing is finding a guy that´s smart enough not to open up out of his rusty mosin on three fully geard badasses.

in the last two days allone i HAD to shoot 6 players out off selfdefense. i didnt hear the word friendly since a week. 

i would be greatfull for being warned and just getting robbed, instead of getting shot.

but no one really trys

I came across a fully loaded single player, Who was kind enough to give me an opened can of beans, as we chatted another fresh spawn enters a scene, also receives an opened can of beans, more chatting followed, we asked if we can join him but he refused, understandable, it hard to have two strangers behind your back. All of a sudden another freshy enters the scene and immediately attacks the armed good samaritan, poor guy was trying to place a gun in his hands while running in circles. This scum managed couple of punches, and he probably would have gotten away with it, if two of us didn't help the samaritan, both of us charged him and knocked him out. This arsehole is what ruins the game, he had nothing to loose, and was hopping to get his hands on a weapon, mostly likely to go kill more fresh spawns.

but no one really trys 

LOL. Some crazy guy fired at us when it was five fully geared guys. Crazy bastard.

I came across a fully loaded single player, Who was kind enough to give me an opened can of beans, as we chatted another fresh spawn enters a scene, also receives an opened can of beans, more chatting followed, we asked if we can join him but he refused, understandable, it hard to have two strangers behind your back. All of a sudden another freshy enters the scene and immediately attacks the armed good samaritan, poor guy was trying to place a gun in his hands while running in circles. This scum managed couple of punches, and he probably would have gotten away with it, if two of us didn't help the samaritan, both of us charged him and knocked him out. This arsehole is what ruins the game, he had nothing to loose, and was hopping to get his hands on a weapon, mostly likely to go kill more fresh spawns.

I don't think it ruins the game. It keeps you on your toes because you never know what to expect.In real life when things go to shit, you will see the bad in other people. So I really don't mind it in game.

I don't think it ruins the game. It keeps you on your toes because you never know what to expect.In real life when things go to shit, you will see the bad in other people. So I really don't mind it in game.

I understand but in real life you wouldn't attack an armed player in the open. This player didn't care about playing this game as a zombie survival game, he just wanted a gun, to me this just ruins the game. There is simply too much pvp, and I don't think devs meant for this. If they did, they would have made armaIV.