Sign in to follow this  
PiLLZ

Things I've learned from 4 hours in this game.

Ok where should i start....

First spawn - I spawned in and immediately taken back by the amazing visuals and lighting and then immediately get beat down by 2 zombies, I thought i might be able to punch them to death but no such luck.... DEAD.

Second spawn - get chased up a smoke stack by zombies, no help in sight, decide to take the easy way out and jumped. DEAD.

Third Spawn - This time I am determined to find some weapons to defend myself, scavenge and find a hammer and a shovel (no clue that these are useless unless your nailing your own coffin and digging your own grave) by accident figure out the tapping "w" twice makes you sprint, SUCCESS as i am able to put some distance between me and the hoard of 2.

Finally things start clicking for me,  find some provisions, bag, kick ass helmet, clothes ect. Come across a compass and a map LIFE IS GOOD... Upon consulting the compass my assumptions are correct, running towards water is south, water on your left means you are going west and if its on the right you are going east (sense of accomplishment and self back patting is at an all time high). 

Anyways as I progress through the game i keep finding better and better loot and now im starting to look and feel the part of a lone survivor with the right gear and can do attitude, I happen across an airfield I believe its called Bolota, find some guns and some ammo now im feeling like the cock of the walk I mean c'mon i got guns, what do those noobs have, a flashlight and a battery!

Things are going my way.... I figure the game looks great let me really crank up the visuals, so like the tool that i am i stop in the middle of the road next to the airfield, thins are going great the visuals are getting better the textures are now really coming alive as i fiddle with the sliders.... and then it happens!

Who ever shot me must of been to my left, seems like that's where the shots rang out from, and the last thing i hear as i get ready to press the re-spawn button is him or her going through my gear.

So this has been probably the most exciting 4 hours of any game i have ever played, I know what i signed up for and ill be damned if I let death stop me from getting new gear!

True story broes.

• Like 7

Happens to everyone playing for the first time. With time you'll understand that you have to be careful and you'll start killing on sight like everyone does.

My first death in SA was from someone using a silenced gun to shoot me in the back of my head through a window as I was roaming through a house, unarmed and with no gear, in the nearby coast village where I spawned. Waste of bullets if you ask me, I could have been punched to death as I didn't even know how to get fists out at the time.

But I guess it is an exemplary death with regards to learning how DayZ works and what kind of game it is.

Edited by BadAsh

Happens to everyone playing for the first time. With time you'll understand that you have to be careful and you'll start killing on sight like everyone does.

No, just likes does who are too lazy or just aren't good enough to make contact...

• Like 1

My first death in SA was from someone using a silenced gun to shoot me in the back of my head through a window as I was roaming through a house, unarmed and with no gear, in the nearby coast village where I spawned. Waste of bullets if you ask me, I could have been punched to death as I didn't even know how to get fists out at the time.

But I guess it is an exemplary death with regards to learning how DayZ works and what kind of game it is.

I have a silencer.  It is not operational, it does not silence.

Good story, man. Its definitely something that gets the heart pounding just trying to survive. Hopefully you learned the lesson of stay away from Balota if possible.

I have 19 kills atm from guys who I didn't shoot until they decided to shoot at me first. Probably passed by/talked to double that amount that didn't try to shoot me the instant they saw me. Just because barret_kills does it himself doesn't mean everyone does. Just stay away from the military bases and the 'starter' cities and you should find a lot more players that aren't douche bags only playing to kill.

That's awesome man. I'm glad you're enjoying it. You'll learn quickly...whenever you need to access your inventry, check your options menu, or anything...find cover.

Good luck out there...get yourself a mic and don't hesitate to speak to survivors.

Friendlies DO exist....

EDIT: and successfully holding someone up gives me more of a high than just killing them. Try it. It takes practice.

Edited by DKR

Always good to see new player. Warmest greetings! Just one thing: if someone says he/she is friendly, do ask him/her to lower(put down) the weapon, or things can get ugly really fast.

Thank you guys for the kind words, Im happy you guys enjoyed the story, I actually learned a lot from just that one encounter, I am in no way bitter that I got KoS (Just learned that term),I do have a mic and im sure this is the first of many times that im going to die, I see the potential of this game, I know now to be carful. I am looking forward to my next encounter hopefully it goes more in my favor or maybe ill make a friend and if not I can always just start over. Sorry for the typo of the town name, i am a noob so im sure im gonna make many mistakes in my travels. Anyways fellas feel free to share your first few hour experiences if you like, as i am curious as to when was the first time you met your demise because of another player.

Its sad in a way it was the first time I got killed by another player and i didn't even know his name.

Happy hunting guys and gals.

Also if anyone would like to add me as a friend on steam, my SN is Aurvakis, Im a great team player.

• Like 1

You have a perfect attitude and perspective about this game. I think you'll really be glad you got in on it early as they introduce more elements that will provide an even richer experience. Welcome aboard!

I'll send you a Steam friend request also...

Edited by Accurize2

Thank you for the add on steam @Accurize

Feel free to add me on steam guys, would love to go exploring or maybe team up with other noobs to get some experience on this game.