Sign in to follow this  
soapsalesman

Anyone else mad about hackers shooting through walls?

Getting really annoyed when I see people in a building no one in the whole city and they shoot me from across the map while im in another building with no windows completely sealed in.

Anyone else deal with these types of hackers?

There's a bug report already filed about this exploit - and sadly it's very easy to do and probably being done by quite a few players... hate to be the one to say it but...alpha :(

• Like 1

Just yesterday I witnessed a fuel station exploding repeatedly, not sure what the go was but I assumed it was a hacker. I sort of thought the whole reason they took this long to get the SA out was to build a systems which prevented it... Although don't forget desync and lag can cause this sort of thing too (proabably not though) so you may have been shot before you entered the building.

Getting really annoyed when I see people in a building no one in the whole city and they shoot me from across the map while im in another building with no windows completely sealed in.

Not really a hack. Just people removing .pbo files.

Don't play untill they fix it so that servers performs file check on players.

Not really a hack. Just people removing .pbo files.

Don't play untill they fix it so that servers performs file check on players.

I thought they had turned on signature check for .pbo files, correct me if I am wrong.

Battleye should kick anyone using this exploit with Corrupted Data #11. I heard people got banned for doing this too probably false but dunno.

I thought they had turned on signature check for .pbo files, correct me if I am wrong.

Battleye should kick anyone using this exploit with Corrupted Data #11. I heard people got banned for doing this too probably false but dunno.

In DayZ mod. Standalone do not have any check.

• Like 1

My understanding is that BE doesn't check these files itself, but relies on the server passing the pass/fail info on to it. ATM the servers are not checking the .pbo files at all. Not even sure that setting the options in the config will overide that behaviour, yet, as I don't have a server to test on.

People who are getting banned by BE ATM are those who have already got existing Global Bans from BE and it is just getting caught up now it is turned on in DayZ. Or they are using third-party hacks and programs. Either way, no sympathy for them!

Edited by DJPorterNZ

It probably isn't someone cheating, more likely just server desync. Have had it happen to me numerous times, I know it's desync cause I run with friends. I will run into a building, make sure it's clear of enemies, then suddenly I am dead. I heard no gun shots, just suddenly broken legs and dead. My friends tell me though that they heard gun shots and they clear the building to find the guy that killed me. So it's probably unlikely someone is cheating, and more than likely just desync.

It probably isn't someone cheating, more likely just server desync. Have had it happen to me numerous times, I know it's desync cause I run with friends. I will run into a building, make sure it's clear of enemies, then suddenly I am dead. I heard no gun shots, just suddenly broken legs and dead. My friends tell me though that they heard gun shots and they clear the building to find the guy that killed me. So it's probably unlikely someone is cheating, and more than likely just desync.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is bliss.

Dying isn't blissful whether you know why you died or not. 

Edited by Solopopo

Ignorance is bliss.

Wth? Lol I explained the situation perfectly. I didn't say it was impossible someone was cheating, just more likely that it was desync.

bullets have penetration values now. you can shoot through certain walls/things.

So its not necesarrily a hacker that shoots through walls.

Its getting fishy if they didnt see you and still kill you through walls.

Checked now and it looks like tehre finnaly is .pbo check.

Time to play soem DayZ then,

Plus remember, VAC is on a delayed ban system. They log these infractions and do large sweeping bans when they reach a certain number of players. Rocket confirmed this a while back.