rybo

Do you kill non VOIP Players?

Do you kill non VOIP players?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you kill non VOIP players?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • Cuff them strip them down to nothing and feed them rotten fruit..

Last week we hand cuffed and stripped a guy clean after we caught him. He didn't have VOIP so we couldn't hear his intentions like a evil laugh or such. After feeding him some rotten fruit the group thought it would be best just to put him down at that point. After waving goodbye the deed was done.

My group ended up with a slight loss of morale. It was the first and only time we merc'd a beach noob in cold blood in SA. But we are sticking to our guns that if you don't have a mic your dead.

So do you just kill them or treat them like everyone else?

Edited by RyBo

How would you know if he has a mic or not if you KoS?

KoS means kill on sight, shooting without giving him a chance to talk to you.

• Like 5

I voted for the last option, but ours is a decidedly more menacing game. We play a modified form of Russian Roulette, but instead of guns, we go the Mad Doctor route and administer random blood transfusions. You might be left in a healthier state than we found you, or you might have a violent rejection that ends in your ultimate demise... Bonus points when we can find an entire gaggle of fresh-spawns, and then begin randomly handcuffing and transfusing among them. (Of course, medical respirators and disinfectant spray are requisite-- always sterilize your needles, kids!)

• Like 3

I always KoS unarmed guys.

They have nothing to lose so they will try to sneak attack geared guys with their fists.

I also KoS armed guys...

I have no reasons not to KoS.

But most likely then not I will KoS a guy who do not use mic.

• Like 1

This. Since they don't have a big "no voip" above their head ir would be hard to find out after shooting them...

• Like 1

I do this for fear of not knowing what they'll do. If they were friendly, that really sucks, but if you don't talk then expect to respawn. Communication is a tool that can save your life. Use it or have no option.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

But he didn't shoot he handcuffed the man :|. The guy had a chance to talk, but as he didn't, they thought he could be a threat. People that don't have mics are always suspicious... I would just handcuff the guy and then leave, but it's up to each person what to do... 

Edited by xBlurHitz

If they don't respond to me via voice or text or if I think they're using shitty teamspeak tactics I'll blow their fucking head off. You have to communicate in some fashion otherwise I can't trust you.

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't talk makes my trigger finger itchy, I don't kos but god damn thats slowly changing, people who talk back are usually fine, till they stop responding, a clear indicator that treachery is afoot.

Lol, good point on the KOS but yall get the point at the same time. I'll change the head line....

If they dont respond or start typing what do you do?

I can't trust mutes. If they at least type something I'll consider giving them a chance to co-operate but if there's no response I'm left with no choice. Ain't gonna give any mute the chance to follow me.

I have killed more players with a mic actually, liars and trolls everywhere. If it had no weapon and no voice, not a big deal. If it had a gun, it doesn't matter if it had voice or not, i will usually shot at it.

But he didn't shoot he handcuffed the man :|. The guy had a chance to talk, but as he didn't, they thought he could be a threat. People that don't have mics are always suspicious... I would just handcuff the guy and then leave, but it's up to each person what to do... 

That isn't KoSing. That's just killing someone because he doesn't feel like talking to the idiot who just handcuffed him for no reason.

That isn't KoSing. That's just killing someone because he doesn't feel like talking to the idiot who just handcuffed him for no reason.

But up there you said it is KoSing  :huh:

Dude I'm confused.

Edited by xBlurHitz

The header changed 10 mins ago...

The fact the man didn't log like 99% of players shows he was down for being hand cuffed...

But I also didn't think about the fact that the guy or gal may just plead the 5th luls...

Edited by RyBo

If your not going to talk, then I'll just kill you.

* If your going to play DayZ, then it's time to get a headset.

• Like 1

Well normally people who won't respond to me on voip or by typing in chat are aggressive. Non-communication in itself is an act of aggression, in my opinion. Just yesterday some guy tried to sneak up on me with an axe in Berezino. I told him to back the fuck up and he started zig zagging towards me (as if that was going to throw off my aim at 20 yards, lol) so I shot him in the leg and left him. Fucker.

voip people are easy to read,if they sound like they are trying to be like frankie they are evil.

IF there is to of them and they use voip they are dangours.

but if you run into someone and they say,"dont shoot" Then I dont comparid to if some one typed it.

voip people are easy to read,if they sound like they are trying to be like frankie they are evil.

Actually, speaking of that. I had a dude try to impersonate frankie. It was a pretty spot on impression. I shot him in the face. I don't like frankie.

• Like 1

twice so far in my dayz standalone adventures ive been killed for not using my mic, even after i type "FRIENDLY, DONT SHOOT"

i find that 95% of the people that KOS or kill players for not having VOIP are children that get a kick out of it. since then ive started using a mic and i kill every kid i hear over my headset

• Like 3

If I get the jump on somebody, which I do most of the time (otherwise I almost always get shot), I'll give them a command to stop moving.  If they don't comply, I shoot and advise them that an inability to listen is detrimental to their health.  That's pretty much my criteria...it has nothing to do with whether or not the player has a mic.

I will say, though, that my standard rules of engagement now dictate that I'm never the first person to call out unless it's to my advantage. If I see you, but you haven't noticed me, there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'm gonna tip you off that I'm around, unless I'm rolling with a handful of buddies and there are at least three guns trained on you. Now, if you say something first, and I don't have a bullet in my dome yet, there's a good chance that I'll respond-- preferably once I break sight, because you can never be too damn careful. I've had a number of positive, no-shots-fired interactions where I've had an abundance of ammo to trade for your abundance of meds, but unless I'm in dire need of something, I'll just announce my intention not to dome you and expect you to leave me alone. If I break sight and you come around the corner, you're gonna get lit up; you don't need to see me to talk to me.

It's not paranoia when they are out to get you. :|

• Like 1

For me it pretty much depends if they're friend or foe. This one idiot fresh spawn saw me and tried to knock me unconscious. He made it a little bit hard for me to shoot, but after three shots to the torso with my Mosin, he dropped dead on the ground.

As of yet, I play on a laptop, without an integral mic. As a college student, I can't really afford to just go out and buy one. I am working to save up money for a shiny new gaming PC that will have a mic.

However, the number of immature dickheads that try to kill me because I "don't have a mic, and they can't trust me" was rather funny, but now it is more sad/aggravating. Example:

I was leaving Electro, walking through the suburbs/ agri-fields west of the city, when I come across three new-ish players (they had shovels, axes, and backpacks). I had a .357. They asked me if I wanted to team up, and I agreed through text, so long as I took rearguard and they stayed a reasonable distance ahead. A few minutes later, one of them (through VOIP, like a dumbass, because I could hear everything he and his friends were saying) starts talking about how he didn't trust me because I didn't have a mic, even though I had been personable through text for the last 5 minutes, even sharing out food and medicine when asked. They agreed to jump me in a few minutes, a plan that was ended by a .357 round through the back of each of their heads. When they raged at me in VOIP, calling me a traitor and a teamkilling sonofabitch, I told them that I couldn't really trust them.When they asked me why, I replied that I could hear them over their mics, especially concerning all the nasty things they wanted to do to me. They shut up.

So, just because I don't have a mic, doesn't mean I am any more "untrustworthy" than any other survival-focused player in Day Z. I like to believe I am  MORE trustworthy, as I often have the jump on people (due to their mics) and choose to let them go rather than cause a scene.

• Like 1