TheCarn

Need some kind of self healing...

I think this is a priority, for example, I'm Australian and I mainly play with American friends, but if I decide to play at a different time of day, I'm generally running solo and if I get injured enough to the point where my characters vision is grey and blurry and i cant see, then I basically have to either stop playing if I have alot gear that I dont want to lose or just die and respawn. There are no other options at this point when playing solo, unless you can find the 1 half decent player on any server that can help and doesnt want to kill you for all your gear. Basically your screwed if you play solo and you get hurt, everything turns grey and blurry as hell, cant do much else but die or log off and wait for a friend to get online and help.

This also sucks becuase its not just players you have to worry about but zombies as well since they can (for the moment) walk through everything to get to you. So if you run into a building and want to use melee to kill a zombie (so you dont make to much noise and wake up all the bandits in the area), your kinda screwed there since they can walk through a wall and hit you or if the room your in is narrow you might just hit a wall or something thats next to you instead of the zombie. If everything is grey and blurry pretty much one hit from a zombie will make you pass out, if that happens your dead and goodbye to all ur gear you were trying to save...

I just hope there will be some sort of self healing in the near future, since you could in the modded version just by eating. I dont how ever like the idea of healing over time, like if you log off for an hour and come back, your character would have healed enough to keep playing. Unless your unemployed and sit at your computer all day and night then thats not a good fix for this problem. Normally people will have a limited time frame in which they can play a game like DayZ as it does take quite some time to find enough gear to start hunting bandits or if you are a bandit then hunting bambies like a scrub.

Any way thats my rant.

There is self healing, its called consuming plenty of food and drink, after which you will start to regain blood. 

• Like 3

There is self healing, its called consuming plenty of food and drink, after which you will start to regain blood. 

This and when they introduce hunting and cooking I am sure cooking food from a deer/cow/goat will replenish some blood.

• Like 1

Indeed.

Eat and drink plenty and rest, you will regain health.

I've managed to recover from almost completely desaturated colours to "healthy" over the course of a few hours before.

This and when they introduce hunting and cooking I am sure cooking food from a deer/cow/goat will replenish some blood.

I don't think so, I think it will just be more filling than tins and fruit.

Edited by Mos1ey

You can do it a hell of a lot faster if you ensure that you eat and drink enough to have 'Healthy' status in your Inventory screen. Yes this can be had with low blood levels. Gone from Black and white to Full health in about an hour. Also don't run about so much and press F3 and sit for a couple of mins now and then.

Thats all well and good but again that takes way to much time for those that dont have all day and night to play a game. In the real world "a few hours" is a really long time in which normally work or other real life stuff needs to be done. Ive used the eating and drinking til im full method and it really does take way to long.

Squad play and lone wolf play are so diametrically opposed in this game (and thats one of the appeals of the game, no doggin' it here). I ain't going to lie, I almost agree with you, then I remember, I hate the concept of 'med kit, full heal'. The zombies are really not a threat, unless you have no weapon (that will change when collision is fixed, and numbers increase).

No health regen should be slow and arduous as it is now. Sure some tweaking can happen, but all in all, not even squads should be able to heal completely in 5 minutes, gear or not.

Thats all well and good but again that takes way to much time for those that dont have all day and night to play a game. In the real world "a few hours" is a really long time in which normally work or other real life stuff needs to be done. Ive used the eating and drinking til im full method and it really does take way to long.

A bag of rice.

A well.

Takes half an hour at most.

And in the real world it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to regenerate a pint of blood. Be thankful you can regenerate back to full health in game within an hour or so (depending on what you're doing). If you have to spread that over the course of a few sessions then so be it.

Edited by Monkfish

A bag of rice.

A well.

Takes half an hour at most.

Funny you say that because I tried that and well it took a little over an hour to just get some color back on my screen...

Find some friends in your timezone or just eat and drink enough till its back.

There shouldn't be a "easy button" every time you get hurt.

Play the game.

P.s this is an early alpha zombies will obviously be fixed..

Funny you say that because I tried that and well it took a little over an hour to just get some color back on my screen...

I meant to start regenning stuff.

Not to completely heal up.

Yeah, poinless rant.. The self-healing is in the game, and works flawlessly. If it doesn't takes one minute to heal, that's because it's planned so.

I dont think the self heal is final yet. Right now you just need to consume food and drink and when you are full you reg blood. In the future it will be more complex, but complexity also yields well sometimes. Maybe you will be able to get blood faster then if youre a good player.

Oh dont get me wrong I like the realism of it. But regardless this is a game and having to wait so long to heal or wait for a friend to help is a very bad thing for every one that doesnt have time to sit around for how ever long an hour or more just to get the saturation to go away. I know most that play this game are more than likely still in school and have all night to play (or skipping classes then having all day and night). But for those that maybe only get 2 or 3 hours to play a night or even a week, they dont want to wait for that long. In the modded DayZ you could eat a can of beans and instantly get 200 blood, or a steak and get 800 blood, while having a maximum of 22,000 blood. This wasnt instant healing as you still had to search for the food to be able to heal your self. No one would carry around that many cans of beans -.-'  ... and ive had stints where it took around 20min to find a single can because everywhere i was looking had already been looted. Besides that when all you can see is fuzzy grey everything then it can be rather difficult to find food. Also if your nowhere near a well then again what do you do... I dislike server hoping to find things, I think it really kills the point of the game, so that isnt an option for me.

Well if you dont find food because your screen is all blurry then you play DayZ. And if there is no water source near you... you play DayZ. You dont need to server hop to get food because you also can die like a man. The disadvantage of being on low health it ment to be there.

I think the problem that SA has is it so abstract, you eat 'some' food, and drink 'some' liquid, and you'll heal, I have literally, eaten 10 cans of beans and sat next to a well drinking from it, with my screen grey and fuzzy, for about an hour. Not once did I get the 'healthy' or 'healing'. The game needs more feedback, I shouldn't have to alt-tab to a website to find the food values for things.

The game needs more feedback

Yep, and Dean has so realise that by time. Cant just guess how your character feels... videogames have their limit for gods sake

• Like 1

Find some friends in your timezone or just eat and drink enough till its back.

There shouldn't be a "easy button" every time you get hurt.

Play the game.

P.s this is an early alpha zombies will obviously be fixed..

If I knew people in my time zone that played I wouldnt really have this issue as they could just heal me, but if you want to take the "easy button" out then even friendly players shouldnt be able to give you blood or a saline IV... If its realism you want then why cant we give ourselves an IV, if you can still run around like nothing has happened to you and all you get for being hurt is a grey fuzzy screen and our character making noises from being in pain, then we should be able to heal ourselves in some way. If your worried about instant fixes then why can friendlies give you an IV and instantly restore most if not all your health ?

Its a game after all. Either go uber realistic and cut out instant healing all together or dumb it down abit and give self healing that doesnt take hours.

P.S. If your read my orignal post properly would have seen "(for the moment)" in regards to the zombie noclip issue.

Edited by TheCarn

Bloodbags vs energised+healing vs KOS

according to a recently locked thread, and also the development timeline, it seems like in the future solo players will be well and truly screwed as far as it comes to health regeneration.

reasoning:

1) if you are a solo player and ask another player to bag you up you die from a gunshot wound to the face.

2) if you are a solo player and loose a lot of health you die

3) if you aren't a solo player the game gets a lot easier for your group because everyone you encounter will be on greyscreen. (zombies are placeholders. if you can't heal eventually, when there are entire fields full of zombies, what are you even supposed to do?

4) from what i can see no planned mechanic for self blood bagging/pre-taking blood for later/blood stands for solo bagging.

i feel like if blood bags were pushed on everyone that there'd need to be changes to bleeding.

right now if somebody punches you four times you're pouring, just gushing out blood from four holes. in a game about realism that seems like a junk mechanic, especially if there's no way to heal. sure, it's an ARMA system, but bleeding is junk right now.  

blood bags as the only method of healing will never be fair, work or even make sense until people's first reaction to a man sitting on the roadside, waving at them, is to wave back, not shoot them and take their empty blood bags. making the only viable healing bloodbags will just push the KOS even harder.