Mcleane

Do you remember the first person you met in SA?

Now this thread does not include your friends, what I mean is who was the first random person you came into contact with and what did you immediately do following initial contact.

Did you poo your pants and run or did you have a gun and shoot the poor sod in the face.

My first ever contact with a player in the SA happened when I couldn't find any weapons or food in the high rises behind Cherno at the time I was more worried about the food as this was on release day and I had no clue really how the food and water system worked at the time and it was rather buggy, so I made the brave move to enter Cherno proper and see if I could make my way towards the fire station on the west side of the city, at this point having played the mod for just over a year on and off and knowing how dangerous it is to enter cherno or any city for that matter, I rather sneakily or at least I thought, made my way slowly there. When I arrived at the fire station, having stopped of in some buildings to search for food and water as I was getting the 'you are feeling tired' and 'you are getting hungry' mood-lets. I finally got there hoping to find a gun or even a can of food to slow my inevitable demise as I had found the fabled can opener in a building on the way towards the fire station.

When I heard a quick succession of foot steps followed by someone saying over their mic "STOP! press F2 please" not knowing what he meant at the time and realizing he had a gun an M4 to be exact I reluctantly did what he said when he asked me to drop my axe which I had found minutes earlier, I only replied to his demands with ok's and yes's as I thought well wtf I don't really have much, if he is gonna kill me he would have done it already he's probably just wants some food so is planning to rob me, with this thought in mind I inform him that I have none to give and then I was surprised by his next comment.

"no worries just wanted to make sure you were safe, ill drop some food and water on the floor and then I'll leave through the back you can pick up your axe now"

And he was right by his word when he left I picked up a can of spaghetti and TWO full canteens, at the time I could not be happier I went on my way with optimism in my heart following the road to Balota and at around 30 seconds into sneaking into Balota I heard two gunshots and saw YOU ARE DEAD pop up.

I learned two things that day never go to Balota and this game will always have nice people and douche bags and some days I will be a nice guy and help people out and some days ill be a douche bag and shoot you barcause you have some food or a weapon I want that is just the way the game is and its bloody amazing for it I accept it for what it is.

I logged, got attacked by zombies then some maniac must have wasted 2 full mags of M4 ammo trying to shoot me.

He didn't hit me once.

A nice welcome to DayZ.

• Like 3

freshed spawned met a random

we spoke different languages so i said bye and left he followed and axed me in the head

typical dayz

I found an axe then met someone toting a flashlight, said "hello" and he sprinted off at light speed...

GsmngBP.png

Edited by Mos1ey

A guy at the firestation of Elektro wielding a Pistol.

He kept asking how i liked the Alpha, and i tried to reply by typing. Then he ran off, and i went unconscious due to running for too long. :[

Yeah. Two blacks who ran after me and started punching me. Then they robbed me when I went unconcious.

• Like 1

Yeah I met 2 guys in the pitch black. Said hello and ran along with them for about 30 seconds. One of them asked me if I needed food and when I stopped to reply the other knocked me out with his fists. They then abused me for about a minute while I was KO and then ran off...Gotta love DayZ :)

I remember the first time I died. I never saw the guy who SHOT ME FOR NO REAON.

The first dude a saw was running behind me with a firefighter axe yelling that he was friendly. I outrun him since i had nothing in my hands and head up north.

First ppl I met where 2 guys @Cherno. Gave them some directions because they where new @Dayz. Second time was at Green Mountain. A couple of fully geared guys who gave me my first ammo for my buddy (M4). Since then I am living in the north so I don't meet alot of ppl...

10 seconds after spawning, only minutes after launch a guy comes sprinting at me full pelt and whacks me in the chest. I ran around for a few seconds getting a hand on the controls, finally got my fists up and proceeded to Mike Tyson him in the face. Thought I had killed someone in one shot but as I realize now he was just unconscious.. Didn't stop me feeling like a champ for the rest of the day though!

Yup, I never got a chance to play the mod. I went straight to balota where I came across 2 guys who tried to rob me, so I ran through an opening in the fence and into the forest. That one guy was accurate with his pistol. Shot me dead. Welcome to dayz.

First person I met was just after I spawned in Kamenka. I was trying to figure out some of the control changes and figure out where my friend had spawned, when another random noob ran up to me and waved. I started to back up and made ready to bolt into the town to try and lose him. He started shouting 'No! No!' and started dancing circles around me, trying to get in front of me and kept putting up his fists. He must have followed me for about 3 or 4 minutes like that before he finally got me corned. He'd take a swing at me then put his fists back down, only to do it again and again while shouting some sort of gibberish at me. He finally started to get frustrated and shouted 'Hit space! Tyler Durden!' before I finally realized he was trying to show me how to fight with my hands. I eventually obliged and we fought for a solid couple of minutes before he got a lucky shot to the head and knocked me out.

Was looting a house and a guy ran up bleeding asking for help. I threw down some rags that vanished. Then they came back so I picked them up and put them down in the street, they vanished again. Finally they came back and he got bandaged up. Then we ran to the new towns north of Cherno and looted the garages there where I found my first pistol holster. Man I loved that holster. When we got done he said his friend was going to meet up with us, I didn't trust that. I thought they would be after my brand new leather pistol holster. So I left. :(  My precious.

Met some giy just \i spawned, he asked me for food and weapons, but I was just as fresh as him and we parted ways in about 30 seconds.

My first interesting interaction was with a guy who attacked me with a fire extinguisher. He wounded me but didn't knock me out. When I drew my axe he backed off. We spent a few moments staring at each other preparing for a fight, when a zed attacked him. He turned to face the zed and I used the opportunity to place the blade of the axe into the back of his head.

After spawning I made my way eastish along the road .. got to what I now know is Kamyshovo (or Wobo as I call ti any time now) found the well by accident after half dying to a zombie, just as I was about to drink a guy runs in with a shovel, we both kind alook at each other say hi and then just drank together before saying bye and headding in opposite directions.

That man will always be known as Bob in my head.

Yeah i remember the first person i met it was maybe 8 hours give or take after launch of the game. I had died once as i had found a zed and while just looking at it closely to well see the detail on it( yeah i wasnt playing bright i was just having a look ) it hit me a few times so i ended up punching back after learning space put my fists up ( yes i didnt read what keys did what i have played alot of arma i figured how different could it be.)

Any way i killed it but bleed to death looking for a bandage( i did not yet know i could tear my shirt into rags ( i am pretty sure i was on the outer edge of electro but not certain it was dark and i didnt go far.

second spawn im near balota so i ran straight past the place and into cherno as i was heading to the shop in hope of water/drinks i met a fully armed guy mil cloths gas mask standard m4 ( didnt seem to have any extras on it) i approached him carefully put my hand up behind him in hello and then said hey mate he turned and greated me we spoke for a while and he ended up giving me a water bottle to drink ..

I didnt stay long as i wanted to explore so we parted and i guess 5 min later i was involved in my first PvP id found an axe but while sitting in my inventory checking how a hat looked on my character this fairly new spawn looking guy stabbed me with a kitchen knife i pulled out my axe and he ran so i stopped and bandaged myself when i did he struck again stabbing few more times i again chased with my axe laughing at his brass for going again ( end result we both ended up dying as i eventually bleed to death (still didnt know about shirt and i had only found 1 bandage.

It was the most epic day ! ... I was going towards Elecktro to meet a friend ... 

On the way, just in the outskirts of Elecktro I saw 2 guys in yellow raincoats and Dallas Masks running towards me :D

I got happy 

Then I got confused

Then one of them hit me ... I said friendly ... but he kept on trying ! Then I ran in circle and killed him ... his friend just watched ... Then I killed him :/

Then I called my friend ... we got all the gear ... They were fully packed ! 

Then we headed towards the north !

spawned in and a guy said friendly fight? i said sure why not? he got a baseball bat bam you are dead

My first player interaction (outside of the buddies I was playing with) actually happened some time after I was in-game; I had never played mod, so as the resident newbie we started on a low-pop so I could get the hang of things and do a bit of exploring. Once we hit high-pop, we were all relatively geared, but in desperate need of medical supplies. Cherno hospital, ahoy! Our five man group was fairly intimidating, but still cautious, so I was part of a two-man team sent up to investigate the hospital stairwell while another two held perimeter, leaving our fifth on overwatch. As soon as we hit the second floor, we heard some chatter over Direct and fanned out for immediate cover. Overwatch reported movement in the offices, but we were trying to avoid KoS mentality, and instead attempted what I shall henceforth refer to as "Bandit Diplomacy." Essentially, 'Hey, you've obviously cleaned this place out already, but what you got happens to be what we're after. Fork it over, everyone leaves alive.' Sadly, our olive branch wasn't met with much cooperation, and they encouraged us to come try take it... In hindsight, this was a poor decision on their behalf.

Perimeter was still secure, our stairwell team became the breach team (Because yeah, that's EXACTLY where you want to put the newbie!) and overwatch managed to take one down before the real firefight even started. We're patient people, so breach team was happy to sit covering the exits when out of nowhere a nearly-fresh spawn, carrying a baseball bat and gushing blood, comes barreling out of the urban wasteland towards us. Perimeter watch did not take kindly to this, and immediately ordered him to freeze and get down; apparently, when four guys with automatic weapons issue commands, it only takes a cursory glance at your baseball bat to realize how much negotiating power you have on your side. It must not have been his first stick-up, because he dropped to his knees and put his hands up. Having no real reason to kill him, one of our guys slapped some handcuffs on him and got him bandaged up, but for our own sake, he'd have to remain handcuffed until our little standoff played itself out. So we've got one confirmed kill inside the office, two more confirmed hostiles that learned from their deceased buddy's mistake and stayed away from the windows, and some poor pantsless fellow handcuffed out in the street that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

The waiting game pays off, and some guy with a Mosin decides to peek around the hallway entrance; I don't think he ever stood much of a chance against a noob with an itchy trigger finger. In what was an otherwise poor decision, I let my impatience get the better of me and decided to escalate after taking him down; on turning the corner, I proceeded to gleefully full-auto his pal still sitting back in the office. We take turns perusing the corpses for anything of value, I picked up a couple bags of rice and topped off my ammo supplies, deeply saddened that the ACOG which one of them was carrying was in Badly Damaged condition. Once everyone had a chance to pick over our kills, and our medics got a trove of the supplies we came for, we had a quick conversation with No-Pants McGee, and for being a good sport, he was welcome to pore over anything else that was left once we were out of sight, and once we had safely disengaged, we'd keep a watchful eye for anyone trying to sneak up on him. He was true to his word, and stayed prone in the street until we ducked behind a building, then went in like a hungry vulture. The last thing we saw before we moved out was our buddy strutting back out into the street, holding a beaten-but-usable Mosin, and even found himself a pair of pants in the process! He put up a hand to wave goodbye, and it's the last we ever saw of him...

See? Even Bandits like us occasionally have a heart. Unless you've got cool shit. Then you're still good as dead. :D

I don't know who he was, all I did was felt a bullet on the back of my head. The next person I saw jumped on me in a house wearing nothing but underwear, so I punched him in the face and I won the fight, ha!

mine was a guy who asked if i had team speak, i was spooked so i darted off with him shouting "heeeey i just wanna be friends"

and the first friend i made was the second guy, hydra, a cool guy that helped me find my way, we now play regularly 

Only the recoil...

Scared the hell out of him, I'm sure.

It was where Three Valleys is in the mod, just south of Solnichny factory and I was looting a house after spawning. I had just picked up an ax and a backpack when I looked toward the front door and there was a player who had glitched into the floor and only the top half of him was moving through the house.

He stopped really quickly and stood still, having no weapon, but a backpack, and I guess he was afraid that I'd kill him and take his gear.

I waved and told him I wouldn't kill him, told him to 'vault' into a wall and he may get out of the floor glitch. He hit 'F1' to wave back and started to slowly levitate out of the floor lol.

We talked for a second, I gave him a can of food that I had found because he needed some and I went North, he went South. It was nice to not be punched in the back of the head or something when we parted ways lol.s

One of the first people I met was a fully geared guy standing on the highway, he was talking to 2 new-spawns. I walked over to see if he could help me out. Next thing I know, one of the new-spawns reveals a wrench and charges the fully geared guy, whom proceeded to shoot both ass-holes in the face. It was to late or me to run, so I walked over calmly, and it turned out the fully geared dude was a'Hero' He let me loot the two ass-holes, showed me where to find water, and told me about a route  I could take to find good gear. 

I assume i'm a lucky kinda guy if on of the first people I met didn't blow my head off. xD