Sign in to follow this  
~TT~

New to Dayz

Hi guys, completly new to this game, played for about 20 hours in total so far and liking it.

few things are putting me off:

-lack of vehicles to get around the map atleast a bicycle, hope theyl add them later

-people are soo unfriendly even if you shout friendly, so far i havent killed a single person and yet i get killed everytime for trying to be helpful, have dyed 4 times after getting myself full geared up inventory then duying the next minute..feel like im wasting time

-lack of zombies, if there were more then people might just try kill them instead of killing each other, which i first thought what this game was about..killing zombies and surviving but its killing humans and letting the zombies live lol

im posting this after i just dyed again by a bandit while i was eating in some village, might play the game again when i feel like it. any advice for me to survive from bandits ?

I feel your pain, brother. Maybe you should just play on less populated servers with five or less players on them,  that's what I do. It seems every man and his dog wants to be a badass in standalone, robbing torturing and killing, so the game can be enjoyed more in a quiter server IMO. Theres still the danger/buzz of bumping into someone, but you don't need to be worried about getting clubbed to death every time you stop to feast on a can of Czech tuna fish.(remember, always check to make sure the tuna can says dolphin friendly before you eat it)

Also I find that the players who play on the less populated servers are playing for the love of the game and not for a pvp fest so more of a chance they wont chop you up if they bump into you. A zombie apocalypse was never meant to be about survivors here there and everywhere outnumbering the zeds anyway!

I like the standalone, but am starting to miss the mod a bit cos it was fun with cars and heli's and stuff, and dare I say I even miss the madness of the glitch zeds chasing you all over the place! Mod was a lorra lorra fun in its own unique way...

Popping into a low population server might be a good idea until you get to grips with the basics of the game, but the fear of other players is what DayZ is all about and IMO you're missing out by shying away from that.

• Like 1

Popping into a low population server might be a good idea until you get to grips with the basics of the game, but the fear of other players is what DayZ is all about and IMO you're missing out by shying away from that.

I agree with Mos1ey on this one. I used to quit and not play for days when I got killed.. Until I figured I might as well invite a few friends of mine, meet up and be friendly to everyone we met. If a guy turned out to be a bandit, it was 3v1 anyway. You learn the basics a lot quicker with friends, too.

I agree with Mos1ey on this one. I used to quit and not play for days when I got killed.. Until I figured I might as well invite a few friends of mine, meet up and be friendly to everyone we met. If a guy turned out to be a bandit, it was 3v1 anyway. You learn the basics a lot quicker with friends, too.

I never get mad if I die unless I lose a char that I'm happy with to a bug, that's always frustrating...

DayZ is not a game that should be played to "win" though. If you play for the experience and just see where it takes you and what situations you get yourself into (and hopefully out of!) you'll enjoy it a lot more.

• Like 2

I never get mad if I die unless I lose a char that I'm happy with to a bug, that's always frustrating...

DayZ is not a game that should be played to "win" though. If you play for the experience and just see where it takes you and what situations you get yourself into (and hopefully out of!) you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Correctemundo!

• Like 1

guys guys guys... Listen. Im on your side here. Of course the game is great when you are on a busy server for all the aforementioned reasons, but the thread starter asked a question. He was getting disenchanted with being constantly killed when trying to be a good guy, so all I was offering was my opinion on another way he could play so he wouldn't get sickened. Cos the game can be sickening at its worst if we are being honest here. Don't shoot the messenger!

I used to quit and not play for days when I got killed..

too true, felt like this the last time i died. all other times i died i just kept respawning thinking this time id play differently & not be as friendly, always spawn far away from airfield near the beach side then run for about 1-2 hours collecting loot only to finally die, then having to repeat the whole thing again...

Edited by ~TT~

To ~TT~..

..first of all. This game has a steep learning curve.

As for the rest of your problems.. the game is in Alpha. You should have known this when you bought it.

I suggest go play the Mod for a while. Go on a low pop server and get the feel of it. Watch Youtube videos and guides. Keep up to date on the devblogs and wait for a patch that suits you. I'm sorry if its frustrating for you but the game will exponentially get better. Especially as your skill level increases. Take a look at this post and read Jonas comment.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161170-played-a-couple-of-hours-then-died-and-i-have-to-start-back-wow-really-wtf/page-2

Good luck..

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS

With bandits it's usaully best to keep hidden, in a house or maybe even in a bus works,

If there are more then 2, Wait for them to pass.

If you are really good, you can steal their loot from their backpack and run :P