JazzR

(Help) Bad FPS. Here are my specs, which part is the problem?

Hey there,

I get really bad FPS in dayZ, ranging from 5 (highly populated epoch servers) to 25 on deserted vanilla servers.

My specs are as following:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

RAM: 4GB

Motherboard:Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

GPU: Radeon HD5750

Which one of these parts is the main problem?

Any other info you want me to give that might help you help me?
Any help would be appreciated.

EVERYTHING IS YOUR PROBLEM and get an ssd

So everything is way out of date for DayZ? I have an SSD

get a new mother board, proccesser, gpu and graphics card, im sure it will be expensive but that will help run other games aswell, also check out frankies first video he shows what settings to put the run it at the highest fps

So much advice, so little knowledge  <_<

For one, looking at your specs they are certainly  not be the best for Arma but regardless of what anyone says a mid range 7200rpm HDD is just fine but an SSD does wonders for not only gaming but general usage also. But you seem to have one already.

Now your main Bottleneck is your CPU as arma is heavily dependant on it and here clock speed is king. Though looking at this you can't do anything to improve it.

What you can do is go into your steam library, right click Operation Arrowhead, Properties. Set Launch Options.

Copy and paste the below

-nosplash -skipintro -nopause -cpuCount=2 -high -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1024

What this has done by checking over your components is go some way to optimizing the parameters for your system.

Now in your in game settings settings make sure that you set memory used to 'default' as that will allow the game to use the maximum ram which is hard coded to 2GB anyway.

next you can go into the .cfg file in your documents, arma 2, ArmA2OA.cfg and set the values as shown below -

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

After that you can download software to unpark your CPU which you can find with a simple google search.

From this you should see an improvement but I'm not confident that it's playable, certainly wouldn't be for me.

Good luck

Edited by G24HAM
  • Like 1

as above everything is not good but its is the cpu that is the real problem

First I would change the CPU and motherbord (you will have to change the motherbord to fit a new CPU)

then I would look at a new GPU

this will probablly mean you will need a new PSU (not mentuened above and a tripping point for alot of people new to upgrageing)

4Gb ram is fine ( I would perfer 8 but 4 is totally useable)

and a SDD is nice i play fine on a normal HD (a good one but not SSD)

it will be alot of money, but tust me  you will not regret it (I upgraded 6 mounths ago)

Edited by King Tubbs