dgeesio

when will base building start in the SA ?

I agree, basebuilding/tents/ or fortify houses  (or the thing developers chose)
will take a long time, still lots of BASIC features need to be added/fixed to the game
like the STEALTH that dont work too much actually or zombies trespassing walls/floors. that might be fixed first.

About the "basebuilding" stuff i hope they add the old tents and also allow the ability to fortify pre existent houses.

I don't expect base building functionality of any type until beta.

We might get tents and/or craftable survival shelters before that. But I really have no expectation of the dev team to get base building and permanent/semi-permanent storage into DayZ for another year at the earliest.

Too many other things to focus on first really.

how long did the mod take for such "basic" things like semi-perm storage??

i think i started the mod about 6 months after release

its easy to glitch into bases you obviously don't know about it don't worry. there are many glitches.

bases structures to store loot which cant be entered gives a purpose a reason to do something its another product that can be done ingame. additions to keep you from being bored or a purpose are good.

houses could be fortified true. maybe locked and taken up residence for starting and log off purposes.

as for why people would build shelters in un populated areas that alone iust common sense alot don't want to hold up in populated areas as it is more dangerous and a well hidden camp or base or building would probably not be visited as much as say a fortified house in churno. so there is reasoning for it.

Come glitch into my base, prove me wrong. I just counted, there are 69 pieces to my base, counting the sheds, and plot pole. If you get into my base, i'll agree with everything you say ever.

Something that someone can't enter just makes people stay holed up into their base. It makes everyone else on the server bored, when people just sit in their base, or keep adding on to their base, in a secure location. The map is huge, and having a base in the middle of a random forest, is lame. Now, if your base is on the coast, and you get alot of action, then it doesn't get boring, for you, but still the other people on the server will just stay away from it.

Fortifying houses is dumb. Why would you take away one of the most key new developments the game has over the mod. The ability to loot almost every building adds to the dynamic of the game. If you are going from house to house, in a city, you tend to pay less attention, and are more susceptible to getting blind-sided. Taking away loot from randoms, just so you can get some prime real-estate is dumb.

Learn to spell Cherno. Please kid.

I dont think bases is a good idea - as someone else said what wewe need is a storage. And I totally agree the storage content should disappear when you die. Otherwise game will turn into another regular shooter.

Well if they do implement tents they might as well make them persistent for everyone because people could simply pick up an alt account to place a tent then you have perma tent your other account could use so just make them persistent for everyone.

The first Joe that comes along can loot it clean so there is still risk.

Edited by SAXX0N

I think base building is a silly idea TBH. We have all these empty houses and structures, why would anyone waste time building something from scratch?

What I would like to see is some kind of gear storage, i.e. tents/stashes like in the mod, although I think they need to disappear on their owner's death.

Because everybody will quickly find and destroy your base?

In my opinion the only kind of "base building" that SA should have is boarding up doors and windows, creating traps, lockers and this kind of stuff.  Not like rust where you build it from scratch. Oh and this board-up/traps/lockers thing needs to be very difficult to do, because base-building would be like end-game, I think. Otherwise all the houses in the game would be boarded up and that would be just... weird.

• Like 1

So many randoms will fill servers with incomplete bases that it won't even be able to handle 30+ people on the server without lag. 

I'll leave this here for you to figure out why base building will not be added to the SA

Tents are all that is ever needed as far as "bases" go IMO. I'd like to see something similar to ammo crates in DayZero. Not a lot of storage space but easier to hide than tents.  I'm still unsure whether or not it should despawn on owner's death though.

I think base building is a silly idea TBH. We have all these empty houses and structures, why would anyone waste time building something from scratch?

What I would like to see is some kind of gear storage, i.e. tents/stashes like in the mod, although I think they need to disappear on their owner's death.

Exactly, I'm hoping for a barricading / amending present structure system similar to Project Zomboid.

I'll leave this here for you to figure out why base building will not be added to the SA

Rocket already said SA will have some kind of base building.......... But we do not know how or anything yet so not quite sure what you are posting.

Edited by witcher1979

Agreed.  Not a fan of wasting time building bases.  Would rather see people take control of towns and see how long they can hold such cities, towns, houses.

Rocket already said SA will have some kind of base building.......... But we do not know how or anything yet so not quite sure what you are posting.

Mos1ey

You Only Lift Once

• photo-thumb-73021.png?_r=1359223780
  • DayZ Forum Team
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 5245 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

The map would end up full of clutter and weird looking shacks. In a real life apocalypse scenario why would you build a loveshack when there are thousands of decent houses that you could live in?

Crafting items has been planned for a long time, but you will not see Rust-esque building AFAIK.

As much as I would love craft-able player house/base like the MOD has I think that is pretty far down the priority list.... I mean the game is basically an empty shell at the moment.  There is virtually nothing to do but PvP (which is still fun) but there are about 1000 other things they need to add to this game before they start messing with base building.

Its funny to because one of the top reasons stated for creating the stand alone was to limit hacking/exploits.  Well that doesn't seem to have worked out.  As far as I know most of the exploits in the MOD work in standalone..... so essentially all that has happened so far is we have paid $30 for a totally stripped down version of the MOD with a a better inventory lol 

any idea when the first sign of base building will enter SA ?

the next two big things for SA is base building and vehicles any news or info would be great.

The devs have stated they will be finalizing the roadmap (development plan/schedule) in mid-January so hopefully this month, they will be releasing that information including what updates/features are planned for when.

Mos1ey

You Only Lift Once

• DayZ Forum Team
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 5245 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

The map would end up full of clutter and weird looking shacks. In a real life apocalypse scenario why would you build a loveshack when there are thousands of decent houses that you could live in?

Crafting items has been planned for a long time, but you will not see Rust-esque building AFAIK.

Ok but Rocket did say about it:

"In order for people to not feel ripped off we need to have a load of new content; so, things like base-building, tidying and cleaning up animations and add ragdoll physics as the like"

Mos1ey

You Only Lift Once

• DayZ Forum Team
  • 5245 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Ok but Rocket did say about it:

"In order for people to not feel ripped off we need to have a load of new content; so, things like base-building, tidying and cleaning up animations and add ragdoll physics as the like"

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162376-if-dayz-had-rust-minecraft-esque-style-crafting/

That's the original thread that my friend made about crafting which was immediately spat upon by the forums mods

• Like 2

Yeah probs cause he said Rust type buildings, that would never happen. I dunno I am just going by what Rocket said. It may well be boarding up windows I don't know.

People like building a base that meets their demands. I personally would build one from scratch out in a secluded area.

End game would be loot hoarding inside the base and of course defending the base from raiders.

People play games because they are fun, not because they are realistic. Games should NEVER sacrifice fun for the sake of realism.

That being said, people really enjoy building a home to call their own. Something away from the already established cities. It also gives people a sense of ownership in the game which increases playability exponentially.

Yeah probs cause he said Rust type buildings, that would never happen. I dunno I am just going by what Rocket said. It may well be boarding up windows I don't know.

no one knows except the people creating this game. I've been checking out rust because of the ctafting aspect of it but I really don't want to see house building in DayZ Edited by Caboose187

Can't believe if don't have base buliding in SA

we need more thing to do in a sandbox game, not just helling friendly and meet peoples..

for someone said camping forever is such a FAIL, you still need to go outside to find materials, defence your base, search and destory etc..