Sign in to follow this  
GarethAUS

Tents or other storage devices?

Just like the tents in the mod to save some gear on a set server, what do you want to see in SA, and do you want them to be lockable or say disappear when the person who places them logs out?.

I personally think that a tent system similar to the mod would be ok but not optimal, most of the good places to hide a tent are known to most people these days XD, I would also like to see (If it is possible on the engine) a further use for the burlap sack with a bury option, Wrap your gear in the sack bury it leaving something sticking out of the ground as a marker for the location so that others could also find it.

Tents are good, but will be different than in the mod, because of is harder to locate yourself, there is no waypoints, so if you hide a tent in the woods, sure will be difficult to find.

Edited by lets4dead

Tents are good, but will be different than in the mod, because of is harder to locate yourself, there is no waypoints, so if you hide a tent in the woods, sure will be difficult to find.

If only that was the case, I for one know my way to my exact hiding spot and that spot was only found once during my many hours in the mod XD

i found the stashes from the later mod - small, barely visible holes in the earth - quite appealing.

• Like 1

In my opinion anything that could save your gear with 0% chance of losing it shouldn't be implemented (like safes or so). Tents are nice because you always have the risk to lose it  :thumbsup: I still remember when my fully geared tent got robbed in the mod... And still remember the tents inside rocks and trees '-'

• Like 1

IMO there should never be anything that is 100% safe it Dayz.

That's why Epoch wasn't DayZ

how about some kinda internal storage  ;)

During a “routine search of inmates” Friday night, jailers “observed part of a condom sticking out of the defendant’s anus.” After the item was dislodged, deputies discovered it contained:

* 17 round blue pills marked “54/199”

* 1 cigarette

* 6 matches

* 1 flint

* 1 empty syringe with eraser over needle

* 1 lip balm container

* 1 condom

* 1 CVS receipt

* 1 paper coupon

Lansing, pictured in the above mug shot, was charged with illegally possessing drugs (the blue pills were Oxycodone) and tobacco inside a county jail.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/sarasota/cops-inmate-had-condom-stuffed-30-items-crammed-his-anus

• Like 1

That is disturbing. No!

Id like to see something a little more camod, and not easily spotted. Or have storage boxes that you can hide under trees and they would be really well hidden 

i had no issue with tents from the mod, was not a particularly safe way to stash loot but that was the fun of it. i wouldn't mind to see tents in SA and with no waypoints there is the risk you could loose the thing you took so much care to hide.

i found i started to have more fun in dayz when i realized, its just gear.. there will always be more

During a “routine search of inmates” Friday night, jailers “observed part of a condom sticking out of the defendant’s anus.” After the item was dislodged, deputies discovered it contained:

* 17 round blue pills marked “54/199”

* 1 cigarette

* 6 matches

* 1 flint

* 1 empty syringe with eraser over needle

* 1 lip balm container

* 1 condom

* 1 CVS receipt

* 1 paper coupon

Lansing, pictured in the above mug shot, was charged with illegally possessing drugs (the blue pills were Oxycodone) and tobacco inside a county jail.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/sarasota/cops-inmate-had-condom-stuffed-30-items-crammed-his-anus

Hahahahaha!!

Thats' definately gonning give you a "sick status"

Beanz for you!

• Like 1

wouldn't the storage be gone if the server resets?

They will most likely implement some method that will save the storage information on the server and reload it between resets.

Edited by retro19