Sign in to follow this  
scottishrebel

Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Old Topic!)

Location Of Friend Desync  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your location when you are getting desync with a friend/player nearby you?

• Cherno
    • Elektro
    • Solnichniy
    • Berezino
    • Zelenogorsk
    • Other (CIty)
    • Other (Large Town)
    • Other (Small Town)
    • Other (Open Field)
    • Other (Forrest)
    • Other (Airfield)
    • Other (Answer Not Above)
  2. 2. What is your hardware setup? (Format: CPU/GPU)

• Intel/Nvidia
    • Intel/AMD
    • AMD/Nvidia
    • AMD/AMD
    • Intel/Intel
    • Other
  3. 3. Were you in a building with Friend/Player at the time the issue occured?

• Yes
    • No

Edit: New Discussion

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164323-update-141-player-proximity-desync-issue-possible-solutions/

Hi All,

Im looking to help the community solve the recent Player/Friend proximity issue that everyone seems to be having. We may be close to finding the cause but to confirm i need as many people as possible to answer the poll with their location and hardware setup when the issue occured.

What is happening: Certain players are complaining that when a player is close to them (generally a friend that they are trying to play with) they find that they are suddenly unable to interact with the world or inventory but can freely move about. During this time the affected players desync is reported to be anywhere from a few hundred to the max of one hundred thousand. In some cases both players have the issue or its just one or the other experincing the problem.

Possible Cause: Issue may only occur in certain Cities and within all/certain buildings in that city with player close by (within a 150-200m radius) and only affects those with the bug/issue (How you have this and others don't is unknown at present)

Possible Soluton: To aviod these entire cities/area of the city that the problem occurs in until devs can find out whats going on.

One of my friends currently has this issue as of 21:00hrs UTC Wednesday 8/01/14 and we have been doing some testing ever since to find out whats going on.

We have ruled out the following causes:

• ISP
  • Router
  • WIndows Firewall
  • Windows Network Settings
  • Steam Network
  • Player being your friend of steam
  • Day Serverload
  • Recent Steam Update with family sharing
  • Using the expirmental build of dayz

We have confirmed the following:

• Occurs on all servers no matter of total/current player count
  • Occurs with all server hosts
  • Only affects certain players (cause unknown but see below for possible cases)
  • In an example of two players on an empty server, If one player moves away about 150-200m or logs out the server, the player left will find their desync stablise after about 2-4mins and gameplay return to normal

We are aiming to prove/disprove the following theroies:

• Only certain hardware setups are effected by the bug/issue itself explaining the aparent random selection of people with the issue
  • The issue only occurs in certain areas of the map (Mainly Cities), A building in Elektro being a known cause for my friend.
  • Moving away from the area/building fixes the issue (Normally about 2-4mins to see effect)

Please answer the polls and hopefully we are finally getting close to confirming whats going on here. Even if all theories above are disproved it leads us onto more avenues to explore and more polls to be had.

Thank You.

Edited by scottishrebel
  • Like 4

Just wanted to add a little food for though on this matter. Im having the same issues, and running way different hardware than most. I am running day z on a boot camped MacBook Pro. 2k11 model. Intel i5. Game played fine for a while, this problem only occurred recently for me like everyone else. Hope this helps us and the debs narrow this down and fix it!

Same.

The problem is occurring, when coming towards to certain players. It's clear. Danger is, This problem is spreading among the players.

Yes, we are too exciting about animals, hunting, vehicles, tents and buildings. But it is more important issue than these. Why? Because players cannot play the game. So, we cannot test game. This is contrary to alpha (or beta) logic.

I tried these methods for the resolve problem but did not work:

- Close Windows Firewall.

- Close Anti-virus

- Ip change

- Router reset/change

- Windows 7 compability mode

- Internet Optimizer programs

- Uninstall/Reinstall Dayz, and Fresh Run.

- Change Steam ID

- Delete Dayz Folders in My Documents

- Game Booster

- Different Servers

- Different Server Locations

- Different Server Companies

- Connect from different locations.

- Connect at different times of day (or night)

- Play in various cities or locations in the game.

- Play in crowd or deserted servers.

None of the above did not work. Problem continues.

Plus, I rented a game server already, and talked server experts in company about this problem. We tried some solutions but we failed.

I have doubts about BattlEye. I think it is the cause of this problem. Because problems started in our game, after the patch.

If it's true, please don't be insist about BattlEYE, before making stabilized. Yes Anti-cheating is most important thing in a online game, but after being able to play...

I hope, next patch is about solving this issue. Because the most important problem now is this.

Don't forget Bean Kings! Finding a can opener is more important thing than being owner of many canned food ;)

Edited by Totomushen
  • Like 1

Just bumping.  I have this issue as well.  Have read through all the normal solutions such as defraggining and verifying integrity of cache, disabling of firewalls etc..  Also read some solutions involving dropping all protector cases and any duped gear.  I have this issue anywhere on the map.  I noticed that far away on an airfield I could see someone run by, however when my friend snuck up behind me later I couldn't even see that he was there standing next to me.  I just joined a non-battleeye server and it runs really smoothly and with no desync or ping issues. I think I even have a better bandwidth suddenly.  On regular battleye servers the desync and ping issues are so bad (even though ping is initially shown to be around 40 it gets to 600) that I can usually not even load my player list information and have to rely on a friend. 

So here is some really strange info:

We would get desync like crazy when we would join the same server...if the server was under 10 players. As soon as we joined a 35+ person server we stopped getting desync. We tried this on several different servers and experienced this same issue. Also if we didn't join the same server, it could be under 10 players and we wouldn't get desync.

Just some random testing we tried.

I have doubts about BattlEye. I think it is the cause of this problem. Because problems started in our game, after the patch.

If it's true, please don't be insist about BattlEYE, before making stabilized. Yes Anti-cheating is most important thing in a online game, but after being able to play...

I too thought it was BE but just today I started getting the constant desync/rubber banding on the non-BE servers as well.  I have talked with BE about this and they have investigated the issue and have concluded it ain't them.  It's to do with the game itself.

And more and more players are being affected.  Just today a buddy of mine that I play with who was playing every day fine on any server suddenly started having the problem crop up as well.  Oddly enough it started when he joined a server I was stable on.

I think its related to some kind of data base issue because the more gear you get the more you dysync it seems.  Like the data from the main DB is corrupted some how.  I've had some strange issues where I died but can still walk around, like being in some kind of limbo lol

I have this issue as well, so now I can't even play on my own server with my community of the Army of DayZ... Many say they have it as well. I hope they fix this literly in the next few hours because I have waited for days already.

Edited by Zevrow

I got the bug in a building in Elektro, the red one next to the well, this is proberly what is causing it, it glitched me through the building and then I had it when I met up with players.

So the last two days I have spent trying to figure out the lag and desynch issues I have been experiencing. So I decided that I would stream while it was happening . In this stream you will notice that I start off as a fresh spawn in need of supplies so off to looting I went. I made it though to the Balota AF so I could pick up some good gear to PvP with. This took about thirty minutes to gather my gear and meet my teammates. Once I arrived to my teammates one started not being able to access their gear because I had landed in town with them after a run. So I log off the server they were on and moved onto another server so I could access my gear and them theirs. Well that network bubble moved inbetween them and now none of us are able to be anywhere close to each other to play.I understand this is an Alpha product however I would like some feed back to see if we are the only people encountering this bug or if many others are as well. I have been reading the forums heavily and the bug reports over the last two days watching this issue come up more and more. Please 

Mr Devs fix this issue or give us a work around for it. I also linked my recording this process took around thirty minutes.

Thanks !

• Like 1

This thing happens to me regularly when playing with friends in any area. Seems also that the number of friends counts. If i'm playing with only one other friend the problem vanish sometimes, but with 2+ it doesn't. If i spawn in their same location, after about 4seconds i suffer high desinc and i'm not able to interact with the world or use anything. I see my friends freezing doing whatever they were doing. Sometimes i cannot even see them or see them warping/teleporting/moving through walls. However they can see me as i'm playing without any issue except for high desinc. If i spawn i a different part of the map i still encounter this problems as i get closer to them.

This thing happens to me regularly when playing with friends in any area. Seems also that the number of friends counts. If i'm playing with only one other friend the problem vanish sometimes, but with 2+ it doesn't. If i spawn in their same location, after about 4seconds i suffer high desinc and i'm not able to interact with the world or use anything. I see my friends freezing doing whatever they were doing. Sometimes i cannot even see them or see them warping/teleporting/moving through walls. However they can see me as i'm playing without any issue except for high desinc. If i spawn i a different part of the map i still encounter this problems as i get closer to them.

We were playing in a group of ten on Friday night and man it was a mess all the way around trying to loot our bodies and other dead bodies in the area of the battle. Pretty weird and now it seems even with two players we are experiencing the same issues. It has gotten progressively worse since friday night US EST. Funny though was when it was happening I would log out in the area, log back in and watch the dead rag dolls stand up then drop to the ground bleeding everywhere. They were un lootable unless you made a drag to your inventory then immediate dc then log back in and our gear would show up in bits and pieces on our player. Please Mr Devs fix this one issue for us. I could careless about cars and boarding up buildings honestly.

Edited by DGSix

This is extremely detrimental to one of the pillar elements of the game, this should not be happening especially considering it's a multiplayer game. I know it's in alpha, but something like this should not go unstable. It took my friends and I 4 hours to move about half a mile, and we couldn't see each other constantly, or we'd see each other stand still and disappear.

I have had this problem occur, and I have been on servers at low play times where I was the only person, as well as in a 39/40 player server. This issue occured every time I was in a server with less than 15 players in several areas, and never in a server with more than 15 players in any area I was in, or running through.

I have been in Zelenogorsk, Drozhino, Green Mountain, Pavlovo, Kamenka, Komarovo, Balota, Chernogorsk, Dubky, Prigorodki, Elektrozavodsk, Pusta, Kamyshovo, Tulga, Rog, Msta, Solnichniy, Dolina, and Berezino. I have been in all of those areas on both low player servers and high player servers. The issue was worse where there were less item spawns, and possibly less players. As I entered Balota's Airstrip I had severe problems with even laying down to traverse a fence. Then while I was at a barracks that was loaded to the gills with drops on the same server, I had wonderful conditions where every door opened when activated (all were closed in the three barracks). It seemed like where my ping was lower the issue was lessened, but this is a major difference from a week or two ago, where checking my ping would show me where items were more likely spawned as the Ping got higher in value. Doors did not work at all near Solnichy, even after trying to run through them several times. This technque seemed to work in all of the other places listed when faced with problems.

To those people saying THIS NEEDS FIXED in this forum... data will help this problem, not bitching about the problem. If more info is wanted, I would like to help however I can.

So guys, I'll add what little I can to this as I'm really not very good with computers. This issue started for me about 5 days ago (8/1/14,9/1/14). I had this desync issue not only when around players, but in certain cities and with NPCs as well.

I saw theories that said uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying steam caches, etc would work. None of this worked for me. I then saw a theory that it was due to conflicting Windows Firewall and antivirus programs. I disabled my AVG and logged in, and the game worked for me perfectly. I decided to go one step further and test if the game worked if I switched from AVG (Free Version) to Avast! (Free Version). My game is now running perfectly smooth with Avast! on and enabled.

It may be worth adding a poll option that asks which antivirus programs users who are experiencing issues use. From what I've seen, that is the issue here. Conflicts between BattleEye and antivirus.

Please let me know if this helps!

I cannot play on any servers at the moment because of the desync issue. My friends can see me running up to them and going into buildings but I can't see any zombies or players. Please fix this issue sometime this week it's weird because it didn't start happening till friday night.I posted more info from another player in another thread and this describes pretty much everything. "Im not sure if this is a bug or some error so im going to start with a post here and see what people think. When I log on to dayz servers, I cant take a wepone out, if i drop something on the ground it will never show up, i can move around on the server, but say I pick something up it will not show up on my backpack say. Now if i go to an other server, ill have the same probs, but anything i droped onthe last server is gone, and anything i picked up will now show up on this server. But the problem dose not seem to go away. ive spent the last 2 hours trying to find a server this dose not happen on, or trying to find a fix but nothing. Also when i look at the player list (pressing P) it shows erverone with Zero, bandwith, ping etc. I use to see vaules here."

Edited by arekcl

I cannot play on any servers at the moment because of the desync issue. Please fix this issue

for me it doesnt happen with a fresh spawned character.
With my fully geared a few days old char it was horrible...

for me it was with fully geared a week old character horrible and with a fresh spawned character too.

Testet on afternoon.

later, on early morning, ca. 3AM it worked greate.

On ongoing day, the lags and desync  got worse.

Edited by DarkSoe

Fully geared character, aye. Desync was present, but not noticeable until a friend joined in the immediate vicinity. He'd be able to use objects and inventory, I'd be able to walk around - but not see nor do anything else.

Wow, Such a great response so far. The poll has definetly proven it was nothing to do with your hardware, location on map or if you were in a building or not.

There is a new topic with a new poll and updated causes/fixes at http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164323-update-player-proximity-desync-issue-need-your-help-again/

Here is the lastest possible causes:

• Battleye and Anti-Virus (AVG is one thats standing out) not playing nice with each other
  • Some sort of bug with either Ammo Boxes, Protector cases, and First Aid Kits or all of them and the affected players either have these on them or in fact its the players they are close to that are causing the issue for them by having them.
  • General ISP and your own network issues.

More on all of this can be found at the new topic and being developed further in the posts being made in it.

Fully geared character, aye. Desync was present, but not noticeable until a friend joined in the immediate vicinity. He'd be able to use objects and inventory, I'd be able to walk around - but not see nor do anything else.

Same for me and my friend. I feel like they should reroll to whatever last patch was sort-of stable, at least their product was playable then. 

We tried removing each other from friend list and joining same servers, turning off different software using network, antiviruses etc. Nothing worked. During last couple of days trying to fix desync we also got wiped multiple times. As it is right now with cahracter wipes and desync, the only thing you can do is spawn in Kamyshowo and run to Electro and hope to kill a few people before desync or wipe. I really liked the game as it was a week or two ago, really promising but this is step backwards.