Sign in to follow this  
Sydael

Fps going down after time

Hello

I have tried .cfg, nvidia panel settings, ingame settings, game booster, launch parameters.

When i get on a server , i have 60fps at start and it then goes down slowly. After 10minutes of playing it goes to 13 which is really unplayable.

It has nothing to do with towns, as it happens in forests too.

Other weird thing is that fps goes back up to 60 when in gear or opening menu. And as soon as i quit gear/menu it goes down to what it was.

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz, 2400 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB
4GB RAM

Get a better graphics card

I can play just fine and smoothly on some servers though.

And why is my fps high when im looking into gear?

My guess would be temps. Grab Coretemp or something like it and watch your cpu temps.  Monitoring GPU temps would be a good idea too. Turn your settings down for sure. You may be stressing your system too much. Could use a new cpu and gpu.

• Like 1

My guess would be temps. Grab Coretemp or something like it and watch your cpu temps.  Monitoring GPU temps would be a good idea too. Turn your settings down for sure. You may be stressing your system too much. Could use a new cpu and gpu.

GPU temp: 65-70 Celcius

CPU temp: 60-65 Celcius

As for new cpu and gpu. GTX 460 i have is really satisfying to me. I'm able to run top new games on middle-high or high settings.

My comp is 6 years old though and i'm aware that it's outdated. But it's doing great despite it's age i'd say.

New CPU and GPU would be great, but that means a new motherboard, which means new RAM, PSU, HD(or SSD). Which generally means a new PC.

And for that i cannot afford for now as i have other expenses.

Edited by Sydael

Dont bother about that sydael, my computer makes same thing as yours for no aparent reason, and i have a decent pc, i5 3.1ghz, 8gbs ram and a nvidia gtx 660 not to say, only game this happens is dayz, never played arma, so this is something to do with bad optimization in the engine ( i also tought my pc was overheating and it wasnt)

If its all servers problem new graphics card,

otherwise it's probably the server lagging after all the death/loot respawning etc..