Dr. Goner

Missed Connections

Did you meet someone in the wilderness who didn't kill you but you didn't happen to catch their name? What about that jerk that shot you as you gazed carelessly across the fertile green fields of Chernarus?

Let's try to rekindle those connections here.  

I'll start.

Description: White Male - Orange Raincoat and Wolf Mask (I think)

There were only a couple of us on the server yet you and I both ended up in Staroye. I saw you before you saw me. You said "Whoa man whoa whoa, OK ax away." 

I then realized that my mic didn't work so I started typing in side chat. I asked if you needed anything and you said "Thank you but no."

You explained that you were relieved that I offered. 

I backed away and after drinking from the pump, continued to watch you from the treeline for a while to make sure you didn't come after me.

Anyway, I hope you're still kicking. I still don't know if my mic is working.

Edited by DrGonzo

Dear blond woman in Cherno. I saw you hanging around a barn. There was something about your posture that was really sexy ... arms akimbo, somewhat vacant look on your face, dirty hair. I like a woman who goes natural. Also, you had arguably the most interesting makeup I'd ever seen. Not quite goth, more ... undertaker. Very hot. I'm shy, so I crept up on you quietly, but damn that loud concrete! You noticed me, and were interested, evidenced by your shriek, and the chasing. The moaning was hot, but I was tongue-tied, so I ran. I just didn't know what to say. I just wanted you to know - I was into you, too.

Second chance?

E-mail me what you were wearing so I know it was you.

p.s. I was the guy all in green.

Edited by Fukkit
  • Like 8

To the Black Dude in Kamyshovo: I was just a Bambi, with only a flashlight to my name, you came running up and punched me, I punched you back, then you ran away. I started to chase you, then decided I needed to give you space to get over your hit and run love mentality. When you're ready to commit to me, you can find me on or around Green Mountain. Judging by all the other bambi bodies around you do this fairly often and so might not remember me. I was the Asian Woman with the child birthing hips.

• Like 2

I ran into the "jail" in the military base south of NWAF. I should have checked my corners because you killed me. I'm assuming you were in the upstairs room waiting for me to come in. I came in and ran to the other side of the bunks and went prone to examine the m4. Next thing I know "you are dead".

My question is how did you kill me? 

You tried to rob me. I was in the jail in Chapaevsk (cherno apartment military building) last night around 6pm EST. We were on a very populated GA server.

You said, "Hey man, drop your gun and come downstairs."

I said, "That's not happening."

You did not reply and I felt it was evident that you were trying to take my freedom and probably talking to your other pimple faced friends in teamspeak, giving away my location and making plans to sexually abuse my dead body.

I had a weapon flashlight. You did not. I had a red dot, you had an ACOG. I peaked over the stairs, you looked around the corner, I shot you in the face and you died. I looted your body and took a pristine combat helmet and your pristine acog also a bag of rice and your ammo box. I then hid your body because you sir are a dick. Not just a normal dick but a stupid dick. Why would you try to rob me? I was minding my own business. You and your stupid payday mask. Your intimidation didn't work at all. I bet you shit your pants when I said, "That's not happening." 

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

I was drunk. I admit it.

You: Guy who decided to test his gun in the woods above the industrial site east of Polana. Me: The drunk idiot looking for a backpack.

I found nothing, but I heard your shot. I ran out of the site, when two zombies decided to aggro on me for absolutely no reason. I know I was sprinting stealthily. That couldn't have been it. I killed them both with my axe, doing the circle kite dance, all the while thinking "whoever fired that goddamn shot can goddamn see me right now," though with much slurring and probably much more slowly. And, sure enough, as soon as I looked towards the sound, there you were, heading down the hill on the north side, coming to the site. Well, I had a fire axe, so I ran towards you, too, figuring I'd try to get my shots in before dying, if that was my fate. I'm always much more confident about my stealth accuracy abilities while drinking. Much to my surprise, you said "hey man." So I responded with something that was likely slurred. You asked me if I needed anything. I said "nnn nlookng fr backpck. halth hydrred, all gud" (phonetically spelled). You told me that you were heading down to the coast to offer your help to new spawns, and asked me my name. I think I told you, spelling all two letters of my then in game name, which I may gotten correct. I think I then tried to spell my forum name, too. That was likely a disaster. You said your name was Jim Franfefagerr something. There was a "James Francium" on the server. I think that was you.

I'd just like to say: I am sorry that I did not offer you some of my copious amount of food to help the new spawns on the coast.

I checked the player list often to see if you had been killed by the goddamn ingrates at the coast, but you persisted. Cheers to you! Of course, since it was an experimental server the douche factor was much lowered. In my defense, I had a shovel approximately four fucktons of snow before imbibing about the same amount of alcohol, so my thinking cap was askew. Next time?

• Like 1

I was on a night server in the upper floor of the prison just east of the NWAF last week on the day the new patch went in. As I looted the floor my flashlight swept past a pristine pistol. I dropped my worn pistol in total darkness to pickup the pristine and as it fell out of my hand a shot went off and struck me, sending me into unconsciousness. Being that it was patch day I mind fucked myself into thinking there was some new logic in place that caused my loaded pistol to fire when it hit the floor. All the time you didn't make a sound while looting my gear as i lay there, eagerly awaiting my return to consciousness. When I awoke and began to wiggle around all i heard was the staccato chatter automatic rifle fire until i lay there, dead. I never saw or heard you in the darkness so I'm assuming you were glitched into the doorless room with your contrast & brightness all the way up. 

I wish we could meet again so I can share with you the joy and confusion i felt that night. God bless.

Edited by uberfan

I saw you at the beach near Berezino.  You waved and said "hi" but I was afraid it was a trick and ran away.  You were wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.  I was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans.  If you remember me, I am sorry I ran away but please contact me because I would love to talk.

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

to the dude I axed in electro after calling out friendly, hope you learned a lesson :)

To the guy on the experimental server, NWAF in the green netting tower on the north end about 15 mins after restart.

I was in the other green tower, being the server has recently restarted I assumed the place was going to be a magnet, I myself had run over 3 km to get there, after finding disappointment and broken dreams my first run thru.  I was only there for one reason to find me a LRS I was carefully checking the area when I saw a zombie run wildly into the tent area, shortly after a second began following you.  You entered the base of the structure and just stood there, I did consider taking the other zombie out for you, but this is the airfield and you had a gun. Not to mention you'd been just standing there I'm guessing messing with your inventory for a few seconds.

I dropped you then took out the zombie, being that I hate to kill someone for no reason, I climbed down, at this point I figured anyone nearby would have heard the shots and more gunfire would make it sound like a serious firefight, perhaps enough to deter investigation.  Then I heard you on direct saying you are unconscious and begging me "please I'll give you anything just revive me" "help please" your clan tag was =DiG= I believe, I'm also sure that I was free to take whatever I choose from you body, you didn't need to be alive for that to happen.

I looked at your inventory and took the saline bag and the pristine LRS you where carrying, I applied the saline bag to you, but I don't typically carry epi pens after you stopped responding I took one more look at the blaze 95 rifle and glossed over your stuff before leaving.

I did try to bring you back to life, sorry it didn't work out, thank you for the scope.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the person who shot me with a sawn off shotgun on the outskirts of Krasnostav, about 1 1/2 hours after server restart on the experimental, I hope you enjoy the mosin and LRS, just be aware that everyone who has had possession of that scope has died, that thing is cursed and I have come back from beyond the grave to warn you, ditch it now before it's too late.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

There were 3 of you heading from West to East through Dolina last night, fully geared. One of you stopped to look at the car outside of the police station and got 1-shot in the head. One of you ran inside of the police station and after about 5 minutes of hiding you peeked out of the back window and got 1-shot in the face. The third one of you either ran off, logged, or went MIA. 

If that was you guys....hi :)

This is going back a long time, before standalone, but it still bugs me.

To the guy with the pistol in the barn near Zelenogorsk:

I didn't know you were up there when I ran under the opposite side, I told you that I would let you leave. I told you that I had a shotgun and that your chances were better if you just trusted me. I got tired of waiting, I told you to let me leave, you decided to wing me with your gun and got a face full of buckshot. I ended up bleeding out, why were you such a moron?

Update:

To the guys death-matching near the yellow police station and long barn in Berezino on DayZ UK 5-74: I wandered in to your fun, I'm the person in the green clothes and green motorcycle helmet who was crawling around the hills. I don't usually seek out PvP but I hope you didn't mind me shooting three of you to death, I had gotten bored and the 20 rounds I had for my SKS started feeling heavy in my pocket. Thanks for the Mosin too. :)  ;)

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

To the jerk who thought it was smart to open fire on three of us as we were drinking from the well at NWAF:

What the hell were you thinking?!  Thanks for the gear though.  If you had only tried to talk to us, you could have kept your two AKs and 300+ rounds of ammo.

(In his defense, he did kill one and knock the other out.)

Description: Black male with full camouflage and pimped out M4.

I knew it had to be true love when you shot me three times, but never broke my heart.

The way you went prone and sprayed a full double-clip of STANAG at me, I could tell you were really just trying to cover your own insecurities and shortcomings. I don't even care, I just want to find out if the love in my heart, the SINE wave of emotions I'm feeling, can propagate with yours to create bigger waves.

The way you hid behind that wall and only spied on me with your third-person camera, I could just tell you were a soul who needed sheltering from the harsh realities of our world, and I want to be your military tent, providing you with persistent shelter. My heart is as big as a press jacket, and filled with all the canned beans you could ever want, I just need the right man to unlock the handcuffs on my emotions, and I think it might be you.

If you think there might be love for us in this post-apocalyptic wasteland, head to Green Mountain - I'll be there on 102.5 everyday, broadcasting my loneliness out into the world.

• Like 1

I've always said we need a dedicated thread (or even sub-forum) for this kind of thing.

I've always said we need a dedicated thread (or even sub-forum) for this kind of thing.

Reddit tried with their own subreddit, but unfortunately that hasn't really caught on either.

To the guy on a lonely German server two nights ago with only 4 people on. I couldn't remember your name, it started with a B. You were in Komarovo minding your own business half-decked in military clothing (military green backpack, TTSKO pants, ballistic helmet, gray(?) tactical shirt) and sporting an SKS. My pal and I saw you run down the road and into the police station. It was starting to get dark. You never saw me, but I saw you. My friend stood outside the front door of your police station with an AKM loaded and aimed. You came out and for a moment that police station was Armageddon. In the end you died and my friend had a bullet in his chest, alive. We took a couple bullets and your pants then proceeded to hide your body.

I am sorry that we killed you on sight despite the fact you were probably harmlessly looting and headed in the opposite direction. You see, we were on ghillie guard duty and one does not take chances on ghillie guard duty.

-------------------------------------------------------

P.S. To the guy we saw south of Berezino possibly three nights ago. You were in gray civilian clothing that killed a friend of mine on sight with a shotgun and proceeded to chant "Get wrecked scrub," yeah we aren't sorry we killed you. I hope you were still conscious as my friend took a poo on your face 8D Also your friend that tried to shoot me in the back: horrible shot; you were a mile off. 

This was you dead on the ground if you recall:

83e51618f9.jpg

Edited by Maia

Shame everyone just uses this to brag. I'd actually like to see an actual connection made.

Dear blond woman in Cherno. I saw you hanging around a barn. There was something about your posture that was really sexy ... arms akimbo, somewhat vacant look on your face, dirty hair. I like a woman who goes natural. Also, you had arguably the most interesting makeup I'd ever seen. Not quite goth, more ... undertaker. Very hot. I'm shy, so I crept up on you quietly, but damn that loud concrete! You noticed me, and were interested, evidenced by your shriek, and the chasing. The moaning was hot, but I was tongue-tied, so I ran. I just didn't know what to say. I just wanted you to know - I was into you, too.

Second chance?

E-mail me what you were wearing so I know it was you.

p.s. I was the guy all in green.

Someone pls help this man!