Jimmy McNulty

More characters

I think it would be cool if it was possible to have more than 1 character on a single PC.

• Like 1

Yes and no. It would be fun to have multiple characters sure. But the fact that 'if you die... you lose EVERYTHING!' is important.

YES !

I just wanted to create that thread by myself since its really important and deserves far more attention!

I would wish one additional character so that I can play without my friend since we usually team up when we are both online and we actually can not play alone without taking the risk of loosing each other or messing up the great coop-experience by ... death.

And I dont really see the danger or the problem for the game experience ... I think players would only benefit!

- Exploit ??? No. They could implement a rule wich makes it impossible to logg in with the second charater on the same server within an hour (red that in another thread - good idea, man!)

- Destroying the concept ??? No. You would still have to work long for a well equipped character and by death you would loose all of it! You would not have to work less and the loss would not be any inferior just because you have a second character.

I wouldn't mind having two charactors but, it would definetly make people care a little less abotu their possesions if they have two accounts with gear thats almost identical. If you know what I mean.

Search Function, I believe there to be one on this forum, unless it recently broke, or I'm from another world...

Nope, still there.

Also: Not Supported.

I could understand why people want to let friends, relatives, random people play the game on their computer, but it could be easily abused by most other people.

I don't approve of this as it would take away from the elements portrayed in the game. If you want to play a character that you enjoy playing with your friends...then your going to have grow a pair. I admittingly won't play a character if my friends and I end the night in the rough. If I do...I'll end where we all did.

But what if i die?....

People who aren't solo players could use this as unfindable storage. It would make organized groups able to circumvent the game mechanics and hoard equipment, thus cheating death. At least now, you can find their tents.

I'd have to go against this. One of the best aspects of this game is that you connect with your character very quickly, because he has only one life.

Look at it this way, when people play FPS online shooters like Battlefield, they don't care about dying. The simply reason is that in 15 seconds you can spawn again, and you lose nothing but a statistic.

Adding another character to DayZ would have a similar effect - granted this would not be on the same scale.

I can already see it now: "Pay just £40 for DayZ Premium and have three characters slots instead of one."

yea. if you really want it just buy another copy of the game. other than that, I think more then one character would be game breaking and ruining.

Guys ... its not that I wrote it >.< ...

--- Abuse ???

Read my Post above. They can permitt an abuse somehow i´d be sure!

--- Destroying a key element ???

No. Why? Ok ... it takes u - maybe - 2 days for a nicely equiped character?

Then one mistake ... u die. Everything is lost.

Now u guys say just switch to another character? Yes u can ... but he will only have the gear if u invested the time! It sounds as if u think that by having more characters all of them will be properly equipped automatically ... but thats not true!

You would have to invest the same amount of time ... it would be THE SAME RISK (losing what u worked for for days in the blink of an eye <--- thats the essence. and thats NOT lost by playing multiple characters)

hope u understand. its NOT like BF or something. death would mean the same ...

Guys ... its not that I wrote it >.

--- Abuse ???

Read my Post above. They can permitt an abuse somehow i´d be sure!

--- Destroying a key element ???

No. Why? Ok ... it takes u - maybe - 2 days for a nicely equiped character?

Then one mistake ... u die. Everything is lost.

Now u guys say just switch to another character? Yes u can ... but he will only have the gear if u invested the time! It sounds as if u think that by having more characters all of them will be properly equipped automatically ... but thats not true!

You would have to invest the same amount of time ... it would be THE SAME RISK (losing what u worked for for days in the blink of an eye

hope u understand. its NOT like BF or something. death would mean the same ...

A group of players could use the extra characters as unfindable storage, tents would be meaningless. So would death, to those people.

Supported.

Having at least one more would be great. One for group, one for solo. All I want to do is play more of your game. As it is, I'm sitting here wanting to play but it wouldn't be right because I play with another most of the time.

I'm pretty sure coders can get creative and figure out a way to not have this "abused".

Supported.

Having at least one more would be great. One for group, one for solo. All I want to do is play more of your game. As it is, I'm sitting here wanting to play but it wouldn't be right because I play with another most of the time.

I'm pretty sure coders can get creative and figure out a way to not have this "abused".

Would you like to get rid of tents, then? Because they would be completely useless if you could store stuff on secondary characters.

Would you like to get rid of tents, then? Because they would be completely useless if you could store stuff on secondary characters.

I said that the coders could probably think up something to prevent muling. Even if the worst case scenario is that an additional character ruins tents, then from this player's perspective it'd still be worth it.