Sign in to follow this  
Starstruck

Tactical vests are really useful!

I like the concealed holster these vests have. Fucker never saw it coming, skip to 2:00 into the video for action ;)

Edited by Starstruck
  • Like 7

if you didn't know you can also put an axe into a backpack and quickdraw it from there while looking harmless before

edit: also you're a little bitch, judging from that video, no real insult intended of course

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

The pistol's a much safer option.

Hahaa, I love how you just pulled out the FNX and just shot him in the face.

no shit sherlock did I say otherwise? Damn you're dense

Dude chill..

OT: It's a pretty good feature

Gotta love the bitches in DayZ. Its sad the golden age of dayz ended the moment the MOD became popular. Its always gonna be a shell of what it could be.

Seems like an abuse of game mechanics to trick someone into typing then shoot them. But on topic, yeah vests and backpacks are good ways to conceal weapons as otherwise stated. Too bad you can't stuff an m4 in your packpack lol

maybe they can make a SBR m4 that can fit. or some kind of PDW. anyways, i always keep my axe in my pack and a fnx45 on my vest... and a magnum in my pants

The guy wasn't communicating at all though, the fact he didn't speak a word (I tried both voice and typing) freaked me out and led me to the decision of blowing his brains out.

no shit sherlock did I say otherwise? Damn you're dense

And you need to chill out.

• Like 1

I would have been offended too if I holstered my weapon and the guy thought he would try to turn the tables by pulling out his own weapon.

Hah, fuck the haters. Good job. I would have done the same. Abusing game mechanics, pff. More like using common sense. Silently holding a person at gunpoint is not a good way to make friends.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

Gotta love the bitches in DayZ. Its sad the golden age of dayz ended the moment the MOD became popular. Its always gonna be a shell of what it could be.

Of course jokes about that fundamentalist, dominionist, young earth creationist hasbeen of a b-action movie actor are getting funnier and funnier aren't hey, Chuck?

Edited by Bribase

That was slick. Reminded me of this scene from "The Walking Dead" 

episode-8-rick.jpg

He seemed hostile if he kept pointing his rifle at you. You shouldn't need to tell him to put it down. He learned a lesson here. 

Good video + Beans. 

Ah, action and reaction. It's kinda interesting if you think about it.

Maybe he was supposedly friendly but just not ... able to talk. Didn't want to perhaps? Maybe it was a kid, embarassed? And then you shot him, and he got all confused and angry and will, from now on, shoot on sight? Seems kinda silly, but who knows?

Or maybe, kid or not, the guy was actually close to blowing your brains out, abusing your nice behavior. In that case you saved your virtual life. Who knows?

Summary: I think this was okay. You were nice (but so was he, initially at least), tried communication but failed. And he kept pointing the gun at you. Can hardly blame you OP, I think.

Imo, when both or all parties involved in a direct confrontation communicate, only then can a rather peaceful solution occur. Until then it's doubts and risks. Or more of them anyway.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see the reactions on this thread. I'd like to clarify that I am an extremely peaceful player and, as aforementioned in one of the comments, did actually holster my weapon and raised my hands several times to show that I am, in fact, friendly. I checked my surroundings as well to make sure the guy (and myself of course) didn't get blindsided by a random super-zombie from Zombabwe. All he had to do was slide his rifle onto his back, that's how this could have been prevented but alas.. Anyway, I really appreciate the comments left in this thread, it's pretty cool to see a community focused on a single game be so actively involved.

Happy hunting!