No more weapons for starting characters? Not even a Makrov? I cant live for more than five minutes. Even if I do then what... its not like I have any food or water. The game seems unplayable now, or at least not enjoyable. Would it not make sense to start with some melee weapon, food, and maybe empty water containers?

Please forgive me if I am missing something, please put it in a comment.

One suggestion: Use your brain. How hard is to prone past zombies?

All I can say is to you...Really? It's not rocket science... XD

Edit: Sorry if I came across a bit mean and didn't help but I'm quite dumb founded how people are having issues with this, I can sneak into most towns without using my gun once... it's really not an issue.

Be sneaky, I found a gun in my first 5 minutes of playing when I restarted.

I started like a week and a half ago, the best way to get a weapon now is:

A) Sneak around until you find a town, if your new stick to the outside of the town and find a barn, then search the barn and around the barn (sometimes there are 1-2 extra enter-able buildings around it), you should be able to find a crossbow at the VERY least, usually you will get the Winchester and at that point you should be good.

B) Run like hell in a city until you find an enter-able building then get in the building and prone, you should de-aggro zombies, and continue looting until you get what you need and rinse and repeat.

Option A) in my opinion is the easiest and safest way to do things, however I find option B you get more loot in a quicker amount of time however either of these ways do work and will help you get the loot you need.

And to be honest what did that little pea-shooter even do for you? I like the way he made it.

Anyway,

Hugh out, always friendly.

Indeed it is a different play style. It can be done.

I'm on day 2, about to make my first run on the airfield barracks.

I did have to kill someone with my 1911 to get their Winchester, though. RIP guy who dosent check corners.

Ok one more thing. We have a flashlight in our inventory, but how do I use it. I a fucking noob, that's why this is in the Newplayers section.

Ok one more thing. We have a flashlight in our inventory' date=' but how do I use it. I a fucking noob, that's why this is in the Newplayers section.

[/quote']

I could actually use that knowledge as well. I know how to pull the flashlight out, but I've never managed to turn it on. Rolling the mousewheel to get an option to activate it hasn't worked nor has left clicking as if to shoot it works for me. Controls say 'L', but that doesn't work either.

I'm pretty sure you can only use it at night, and once its night out L usually works from my experience although I havent tried using it sense it became a tool instead of a side arm.

spawning without a weapon isnt that hard. Im on day 2 and I just started 2 days ago. It took me a while to find a gone. but THAT wasnt what worried me. FOOD AND WATER was the hard part. bandages as well. Finding a weapon makes it more fun.

as for the flash light, you right click it and "take of toolbelt" then you hold it like a gun. then L to turn it on

No more weapons for starting characters? Not even a Makrov? I cant live for more than five minutes. Even if I do then what... its not like I have any food or water. The game seems unplayable now' date=' or at least not enjoyable. Would it not make sense to start with some melee weapon, food, and maybe empty water containers?

Please forgive me if I am missing something, please put it in a comment.

[/quote']

OK so you wont survive every single fresh spawn, but personally I find that about 1/3 times depending on how patient/adventurous I'm feeling, I can get my self fairly well setup and away from the coast in about an hour.

At the moment I have:

4 cans of food

2 full water bottles

AKM + 3 mags

Hatchet, Knife, Matches

5 cooked steaks

and sundry other ammo

I'm about 2 hours into a spawn and I went nowhere near Cherno or elektro.

It doesnt always go that well but often enough that I don't think there is any problem.

Just a suggestion, if you respawn near Cherno or Elektro, head there. You have nothing to lose, so it doesn't really matter if you get shot. Raid the supermarket, church,houses, and fire stations, etc. Choose what you want, but don't spend too long there. Last 2 times I stayed for a while, got greedy and headed toward the hospital, and got sniped. XD

I went into a town' date=' found a crowbar. Now I have twenty zombies around me...

[/quote']

Throw cans and bottles in directions that you do NOT want to move-- divert zombies-- evade.

ok, I get it. I suck. Sorry I thought I was posting in THE MOTHERFUCKING NEW PLAYER SECTION! FUCK OFF. My god you people are annoying.

Dude. Read the forums first before making 10000th post about not having a weapon while spawning. This game is meant to make you cry. You are doing it right.