Sign in to follow this  
wRUKUS

seeing into buildings from a distance

Ok so I tried searching briefly and had no luck. I have a question and im not sure if its on my end(which i think it is) or just apart of the game. if im running towards a building and its far in the distance. You cant see in it. It is all blurred and I cant see into the windows. But if a player is behind the house I can still see him. As I get closer I eeventually can see into the windows. My question is, is this apart of game and happens to everyone at the same distance? Or is there settings I can tweak to avoid this? I just dont like the idea of me running upto a house that I cant see inside. but someone can be right in the window and easily see me running towards them. Thanks!

Probably a viewing distance bug or a Resolution bug, try altering settings?

It happens with all the settings ive tried to tweak. It happens to my friends too. ITs not unplayable. But there are just moments where I feel I should see into the building but it stays blurred.

I play on 1920 x 1080 res. Ive tried others but no luck. I play with most settings on low. But I have tried switching things up higher without much results besides fps drop. Which makes me feel like its just the game. But I do run things on low so I wanted to ask. Was hoping someone knew more of this topic

I think you can tweak the rendering distance (Which is the reason you can't see in) from your "My Documents."

Refer to the newcomer forum for "Performance tweaks" or something like that. It has the instructions for the config files.

EDIT:"New player discussion" forum. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

Edited by Konna

I used that guide konna prior to this post. IItsjust weird that I can see ppl behind the house. But not through the windows. ill do more tweaking but i think my viewdistance and prefviewdistance is 1800. Thanks for the input

Edited by wRUKUS

I used that guide konna prior to this post. IItsjust weird that I can see ppl behind the house. But not through the windows. ill do more tweaking but i think my viewdistance and prefviewdistance is 1800. Thanks for the input

Hmm. Weird. I do get the "can't see in from the windows" stuff too, but that's from like 800 meters. Settings mostly on high, though, so i guess we'll just have to wait for a fix.

Yeah. Its not game breaking like a stated. I just get paraniod. Running down a big hill running up to a house and all im thinking is "if there is a guy looking out towards me in a window... im dead." And then once im closer its fine. And yeah I just cant grasp whats wrong. Ive llanded 600 tto700 meter shots with a scope. But trying to look into a building 300 meters away? Gotta get closer or a different angle for me to be able to see inside. otherwise I get that wall of blurred texture

Maybe anyone else has knowledge on this topic? I mean, it is possible its the game and happens to everyone at the same distance and angles. Im just not sure :/

I have this situation too. I think its a part of the rendereing to not tax your system too much. Its like how grass isn't rendered infinitely but only for like 100m in front of you. I would like to be able to see inside houses from a distance but not if it makes the game laggy to the point of not being playable. Im sure there is a tweak you could try in the config settings.

Crappy LOD texture handling at distance is an unfortunate legacy of the ArmA series game engines (in this case Take on Helicopters).  The defaults for DayZ SA are using some visually ruinous limits, but so far I can't be bothered to change anything, mainly because I prefer to see what is being foisted on players by default when I'm testing.

Buildings and trees turn to mush a stone's throw away even on high settings, taking some config tweaking to correct if you're that way inclined, but don't expect to be overawed by the results.

Alright thanks guys. This also happens to my friends. So im going to say for tthemost part it happens to all of us here and there. Maybe ssomeone eventuslly can find a tweakable command for it.