DamnNerds

No more 3rd person and zoom

come on..........unrealistic as hell.

Yes I use both, but yeah........no.

Damn, I have used 3rd person to put my "pov/camera" outside of a house window to look around.

And it's like what a 4-6x zoom. Some insane eyeballs they have us "equipped" with lol

come on..........unrealistic as hell.

Yes I use both, but yeah........no.

Damn, I have used 3rd person to put my "pov/camera" outside of a house window to look around.

And it's like what a 4-6x zoom. Some insane eyeballs they have us "equipped" with lol

Someone else finally gets it lol, been posting this here and there for a week now. While they're at it, disable the crosshair when in 3PP as well.

Well thats why they have server with 3PP Disabled. Join one of those to avoid the view issue.

3PP Off servers are a shitty fix; it just takes the problem and shoves it under the rug, or in this case onto a separate hive.

Let people play the way they want.

First person has a lot of downsides, for example not giving the player information about how the body is located in the world (e.g. for hiding or peeking around corners), or not appropriately representing real life FoV.

Most importantly though, many people get motion sick in first person- even without head bob.

That being said, third person of course has known exploits- looking around corners without exposing oneself is probably the best known.

First person servers are the perfect solution right now. People who want to play first person only are free to do so, and those servers are definitely not all empty.

In the future, although I'll always stick to first person, I'd like to see third person being 'fixed', i.e. not allowing you to see around obstacles.

The 'zoom' is needed and realistic. If you focus on something in real life, you don't see it bigger, but you can see it better due to you... well, focusing. You also get less peripheral vision (due to you focusing, duh)- so less FoV. Yes, 'zooming' isn't the perfect way to represent this, but it's better than nothing.

They will never limit their fan base by getting rid of either view, drop it already.

I only use 3rd person and here is why. You talk of realism like that is the deciding factor on if you should use it or not. Well in REAL LIFE we have 5 senses, sight, hearing, taste, smell and feel. In the game we only have two sight and hearing. It is the last one I mentioned that is a big one, FEEL. In the real world I can feel if I am in a bush or tucked next to a wall or if I am out in the open. Not so in the game. Without 3rd person you can't tell where you are in the world.

They will never limit their fan base by getting rid of either view, drop it already.

I only use 3rd person and here is why. You talk of realism like that is the deciding factor on if you should use it or not. Well in REAL LIFE we have 5 senses, sight, hearing, taste, smell and feel. In the game we only have two sight and hearing. It is the last one I mentioned that is a big one, FEEL. In the real world I can feel if I am in a bush or tucked next to a wall or if I am out in the open. Not so in the game. Without 3rd person you can't tell where you are in the world.

Press alt and move your mouse. HOLY SHIT I CAN SEE WHERE I AM!

Replicating reality isn't the point, encouraging realistic behavior is. Does third person view encourage realistic behavior? Fuck no! Something else we have in real life, are parascopes, and they aren't invisible.

Replicating reality isn't the point, encouraging realistic behavior is. Does third person view encourage realistic behavior?

I can't behave realistically without realistic perception.

I agree 3rd person perspective is inhuman and unrealistic.

However, until the sound system is sophisticated enough to give me information about my surroundings that I would have in real life, I'm going to use it gladly to compensate. 

I have something to read for you guys:

#1 (109 pages) http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/145895-first-vs-third-person-discussion-dslyecxi-video/

#2 (65 pages) http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157661-third-person-view-removal-from-sa-discussion/

If you are through and have accepted that 3PP most likely won't be removed but have an idea how to fix the issues with it:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162565-fix-not-remove-third-person-perspective/