jffr363

Desync when near friend

So i have been playing dayz just fine for the last week, and i got a friend to get it and we attempted to meet up in game, but ran into huge desync issues when near each other. I could run like 200m away, and our desync would go away and everything would seem to work, but as soon as we got near each other, everything just stopped working. Anyone ran into similar issues with specific people? Its just really frustrating that we could play separately but as soon as we try to get near it won't work anymore.

Yeah we tried several different servers, and we would log in next to each other and often we couldnt even see each other. We then tried running away from each other and then logging in, and we would be fine until we got close, and then bam, massive desync. I just played for like an hour by myself with no issues. But its really frustrating that i cant play with my friend.

My friend an I just started having this today. We have tried restarting everything from the app to network layer. We have gone as far as having my friend suicide and respawn, leaving behind all items that might have been bugged, as there was a report that that fixed it for someone. It didn't fix it. He can play fine but desync skyrockets when he gets close to me. We have tried many different servers.

We had played fine together on many sessions on many servers.

When it started we left a server that had become night, cleanly quit out, and rejoined another. No strange crashes, errors, or other events. I may have to suicide myself next I suppose - hey, its only Alpha! Yolo!

Will check back in here, maybe someone else will find a solution / cause.

yep i can even play 100k desync with a 20 ping lol like wtf 

Edited by shister313

Who knew desync can be used to alert you of nearby players? :) 

You learn something new everyday.

Hi Folks,

Been working to find a solution to this issue today. Could you please confirm the location(s) that this desync is occuring with your friends?

Edit: New Solution finding thread with poll, Please complete the three question poll. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163598-friendplayer-proximity-desync-issue-need-your-help-to-find-the-solution/

Edited by scottishrebel

Ok, we got our issue at least partially resolved. Posting back here to share in case it helps anyone else. The idea came from something my buddy read somewhere else, maybe reddit (sorry I don't know where or I would link), where a theory was this was from items in items...like items in containers. Well, I did have in my inventory 3 of those yellow plastic containers and 2 medkits. Now, I'd had these for quite some time, long before the issue where my friend kept desync'ing near me. But I went to random server, wandered off somewhere secluded, and dropped all of these containers and logged out. Logged back in to the server where we were having the problem, and it vanished. We played for a good 2 + hours after. Now, he did have some additional high desync issues, but it would come briefly and then go. Previously, we couldn't stand next to each other because soon his desync would peg at 100k.

So maybe this helps, maybe not.

• Like 1

Thanks for trying man.  Didnt seem to be it.  I think theres an issue thats between hive, battle eye on servers, and the player.  Never been so frustrated by a bug when in testing.  But when it makes the game totally unplayable its just something to annoying to deal with anymore.  Good luck to rest of you im gonna take a long break from the game though i think.

Thanks for the responses guys, glad to see the community responding and glad this is a known issue. Did some more testing today as my friend and I had this issue in the woods outside berezino so we got on separate servers and things seem to be working fine, so we ran out in the woods west of berezino and got easily 500m+ away from any buildings and logged in to the same server fairly close to each other and immediately had desync issues while within about 100m or so of each other.

It would be good if we could have an update on this from the devs, but infact this is alpha and we may not really demand anything from the developers. I'm sure they will try and fix this asap, but I'm also certain noone of them will work overtime to get it done since all this naturally is from being in a alpha state =/

Edited by Damy