Sign in to follow this  
angry pineapple

Zombies Attack Animals and attracted to dead players / animals

When the animals get included, it would be nice if the zombies/infected reacted to them as they would a player.

This would add an interesting dynamic in that:

Zombies attacking wildlife.

1. Uncertainty if an aggroing zombie is on a player or ambient life (cow,deer)

2. Seeing a dead animal may mean food but carry a high risk of infection if killed by a zombie.

3. Losing a needed animal to a zombie would introduce difficulty to hunting.

4. Animals would run from the zombies causing both animal disbursement and zombie disbursement that would be unpredictable

5 Would be very funny seeing a group of zombies attempting to catch a rabbit! Although maybe they only chase the larger animals.

Zombies attracted to dead players / animals

This would add another level of difficulty, especially when zombie numbers are increased.  

Imagine, just killing another player, but a large number of zombies are attracted to the area due to the noise.  5-10 of the zombies start munching on the player you killed, making it a choice to kill those zombies (and risk attracting more) to loot the body or not.

Additionally, the zombies eating the dead player should continue to do damage to the clothing, backpack, making it again a higher risk option.  If left unchallenged the eating zombies would completely consume the dead body (i.e. despawn).

Just random ideas from a fruit...

Edited by angry pineapple
  • Like 4

Actually, I really like this idea in general.

I especially like the ideas of zombies attacking a bleeding or dead character as their main priority and damaging his or her items.

Once more zombies are added, this would curb KoSing for loot in big cities and encourage bandits to do a simple hold up or even take the other player hostage and to a safer location in order to rob them.

I also like the idea of having to make life or death choices while being overrun with zombies. They're getting closer... I look over at the guy I had met moments earlier. It's me or him at this point. I fire a round into his leg. He falls to the ground and the hoard begins ripping at his flesh, allowing me just enough time to make it out of the city alive.

• Like 1

Never thought of that! Player bait! Handcuff someone. Hit them once to make them bleed to attract zombies to that location.

Nice.

Beanz for you!

• Like 1