Sign in to follow this  
Punkrawks

Sick after antibiotics - help

So I just got into a gunfight at Balota (shocking right?) Anyway I'm living and he's not. I used a pristine bandage on my wounds. All my statuses cleared. Read somewhere that you need to clean your wounds or take antibiotics so I took antibiotics and instantly got a 'sick' status.

Is this normal after taking antibiotics? Does it happen when you take them when you're healthy? Does it matter if they're pristine, worn, damaged, or badly damaged?

Just need to know if the sickness will go away, or if I should go hide my body near Kamyshovo and prepare to die and run back to my corpse?

I've seen a couple of people say that certain things give you a "sick" status when they're actually doing their job. Give it a bit and see if it goes away.

This happens to me too, I don't know if it's a bug or if like mentioned above, it's a sign that you are actually in the healing process.

So I just got into a gunfight at Balota (shocking right?) Anyway I'm living and he's not. I used a pristine bandage on my wounds. All my statuses cleared. Read somewhere that you need to clean your wounds or take antibiotics so I took antibiotics and instantly got a 'sick' status.

Is this normal after taking antibiotics? Does it happen when you take them when you're healthy? Does it matter if they're pristine, worn, damaged, or badly damaged?

Just need to know if the sickness will go away, or if I should go hide my body near Kamyshovo and prepare to die and run back to my corpse?

Think a moment, why would you take antibiotics (which are things that destroy bacterias) to clean your wounds? Would you take antibiotics IRL if you had a nail thru your flesh? Think how many times you've took antibiotics and what did you use them for.

With that being said, no, antibiotics just made you sick since you did not have any bacterial infection for them to care of. Antibiotics (Anti - Life (biotic)) destroy your immunological system if the dosis is high, rendering you even more immune to more diseases if you don't have any.

You should only take antibiotics in case of disease (sickness status appears) and more notably for infected wounds (once again, sickness status). The cleaning wounds / antibiotics are used when your wounds get infected (You'll get some messages such as "My wounds feel itchy" and etcetera), being the first solution to the first stage of infection and the second in case you never cleaned your wounds.

Edited by LouisK

Well there was this time where I got sick by ingesting antibiotics without being sick. To get better from the sickness, I ingested antibiotics again, and the sickness was gone. Logics!

Edited by xBlurHitz

Alcohol cleans wounds. Antibiotics cure infections. Try applying the alcohol. Also I read that overfilling your stomach with water makes you vomit which might cure a sickness as well.

I have heard that it you only get the sick message after using some kind of treatment, eg using alcohol to clean wounds will bring it up and the when they are clean it will go away (same with antibiotics). Not sure if it's intended or a bug..

So you don't know your sick until you treat yourself.

Edited by kermo50

Think a moment, why would you take antibiotics (which are things that destroy bacterias) to clean your wounds? Would you take antibiotics IRL if you had a nail thru your flesh? Think how many times you've took antibiotics and what did you use them for.

With that being said, no, antibiotics just made you sick since you did not have any bacterial infection for them to care of. Antibiotics (Anti - Life (biotic)) destroy your immunological system if the dosis is high, rendering you even more immune to more diseases if you don't have any.

You should only take antibiotics in case of disease (sickness status appears) and more notably for infected wounds (once again, sickness status). The cleaning wounds / antibiotics are used when your wounds get infected (You'll get some messages such as "My wounds feel itchy" and etcetera), being the first solution to the first stage of infection and the second in case you never cleaned your wounds.

If you had a nail stuck in you a MD would likley prescribe an antibiotic as a preventitive measure, after removing the nail of course. Antibiotics can cause nasuia, expecially when taken on an empty stomach.

I think it would be interesting to see resistant infections occour when antibiotics are over/miss used.

• Like 1

I have heard that it you only get the sick message after using some kind of treatment, eg using alcohol to clean wounds will bring it up and the when they are clean it will go away (same with antibiotics). Not sure if it's intended or a bug..

So you don't know your sick until you treat yourself.

I got the sick icon after i cleaned my wounds.

Ate a load of food n drank a load of water and it said my wounds where cleaned..sickness icon left

As long as it says from time to time ''My wounds look cleaner" you should be fine.  

• Like 1