Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Being Able To Carry 2 Rifle Sized Guns Would Be Nice

If a gun bag was added I would want to see an animation for taking the bag off and then you would get the ability to pull them out and onto your character. Like putting a medkit into your hands to pull out an item. You shouldn't just have 10 guns in your hotbar.

• Like 1

If a gun bag was added I would want to see an animation for taking the bag off and then you would get the ability to pull them out and onto your character. Like putting a medkit into your hands to pull out an item. You shouldn't just have 10 guns in your hotbar.

never got one but I think thats how they worked

The only problem now is that m4 and mosin both have item size of 7x3 (axe is 1x5), so you could carry them if you could have items "rotated" in your iventory. I find it rather justified if you can carry second large firearm only in largest (5x7) backpack and having only 14 more free slots left in it.

Regarding "army argument": first, we are not soldiers and have much less strict rules and roles at battlefield, and second, afaik some army units wield two large firearms. Russian army snipers, for example, often carry SVD and VSS "Vintorez" at the same time.

I was thinking about carrying multiple weapons. I came up with a question; why does the military let their solders carry only one rifle?
The only thing I can think of why you never see professional soldiers carrying more than one rifle Is probably training, cost, efficiency, and It would also be heavy and cumbersome.

I'd imagine that if the game was real and I was in that world, how the fuck would I be able to carry 2 rifles, backpack, axe, gear and cloths? It would be too much. I think to carry 2 weapons it should be a pain in the ass. You should definitely need to sacrifice something important in order to carry 2 weapons. Like a backpack. Or speed. It should be a huge sacrifice, one that would make you question if it is worth doing so. I persinally think that the current system is not too bad.

Because when soldiers go to combat, they don't need more than a single weapon, and most don't even get a sidearm. This is because in combat you need to be fast and agile, which additional guns would hinder. For the same reason they leave their backpacks behind when the fighting starts, sometimes even their tactical vests depending on the objective. And besides, assault rifles are jacks-of-all-trades, so it makes more sense just to give the majority a one of those, rather than give everyone shotguns for CQC, snipers for long range encounters, and submachine guns for medium distance fights, and have them  running around with three kinds of weapons around like idiots while getting shot at.

However, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to carry multiple guns. It's entirely possible to carry a large mountain bag, a tactical vest, and two to six weapons and be able to move at a reasonable pace. Carrying two guns on your back shouldn't really slow you down. However, I'd like if the game actually made you plan a bit ahead with those weapons: if I was going to venture into town to look for supplies, I would leave my cumbersome mountain bag and any other gear into a safe spot and go in with an assault rifle. And when I left, I'd get them and change into the hunting rifle so I can easily scope ahead and pick off faraway targets before they become a threat.

Edited by Noitatohtori

a rare strap or gunbag sounds alright, extra weight would need to be considered. As long as the fact that having a gun in your backpack would be cumbersome to get out is taken into account, we don't need no quickswitching. 

at the moment though i'm happy you can only carry one, it forces you to play to whatever weapon you choose to carry. I use the mosin, with the fnx if i have to go into a town, i don't see how that doesn't cover both roles, even if i am at a disadvantage up close, it means that i have to scout out a location properly, and that i shouldn't be attempting any forced entry of a building. but that's just the disadvantage of the weapon i'm using, jack of all trades would be a bit much at the moment. 

maybe some guns could be used as a second primary, i'm thinking some of the smaller smgs and maybe sawn off shotguns, i like having to choose what combat role i'm going to be most effective in. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

This is a terrible idea.  All the "SnYpErZ" wanting something else besides a mosin for other uses.  Terrible, terrible, terrible.

We should NOT be able to carry two different primary weapons at once, that's just a bad idea and it's bad for the game. Finding a primary weapon should encourage you to choose which you would prefer to keep and which to leave behind. You shouldn't be capable of sniping AND CQC at the same time.

• Like 3

We should NOT be able to carry two different primary weapons at once, that's just a bad idea and it's bad for the game. Finding a primary weapon should encourage you to choose which you would prefer to keep and which to leave behind. You shouldn't be capable of sniping AND CQC at the same time.

But being able to carry 5 different types of handguns decked out is ok? I dont see your logic in this.

of all the systems currently implemented, this is quite possibly the only one that is completely perfect as is. 

• Like 1

As much as I'm in favor of this, have any of you tried carrying multiple guns plus a backpack in real life? It's totally possible, but it's a real bitch, especially after you take into account the weight of ammo and how unbalanced it can make you.

I'm totally behind the idea of a drag bag though, sacrifice your backpack for an extra rife slot, give the pack maybe 8ish inventory slots. Another idea would be to add a M.O.L.L.E backpack, smaller than the largest backpack, but add item specific attachments for it, ammo pouches, hydration packs, weapon slings, etc. with how the game is built now it, and it's attachments would have to be quite rare, but you could make some of the attachments work on clothing like the tactical vest as well, a holster so a pistol only takes up 2 slots instead of 4, or so you can store 2 mags in one inventory slot.

As much as I'm in favor of this, have any of you tried carrying multiple guns plus a backpack in real life? It's totally possible, but it's a real bitch, especially after you take into account the weight of ammo and how unbalanced it can make you.

I'm totally behind the idea of a drag bag though, sacrifice your backpack for an extra rife slot, give the pack maybe 8ish inventory slots. Another idea would be to add a M.O.L.L.E backpack, smaller than the largest backpack, but add item specific attachments for it, ammo pouches, hydration packs, weapon slings, etc. with how the game is built now it, and it's attachments would have to be quite rare, but you could make some of the attachments work on clothing like the tactical vest as well, a holster so a pistol only takes up 2 slots instead of 4, or so you can store 2 mags in one inventory slot.

Yeah i can get behind anything like this that would add more variety to how you can carry weapons and how many. As long as its not overpowered or absurd you should be allowed to do it as long as theres some kind of negative as well as positive side to it.

I kinda like the M.O.L.L.E. idea. I still think back to when I was in the army and had the LBE and belt, I had 2 ammo pouches(that would hold 4 magazine all together, or a can of soda each), a pouch for a bandage, canteen on my hip and could clip a compass to it and still had a couple spot to clip items and plenty of space on the hips. I would love to see the M.O.L.L.E. gear make it in with various attachments so you could customize how you look and what you can carry.

I even carried 2 M-16's a time or two but it was always a little ackward and depending on how I had my gear setup could be downright painful, and that tended to be for short distances.

If you want to carry weapons in backpack it should be disassembled, so it can fit there and takes some time to equip. Also they need to add animation if you want to equip items from backpack.

Edited by Bezzi
  • Like 1

As I said earlier, I don't really feel it's a problem. If you have a gun sling, even a makeshift one, shouldn't be a problem for an adult person to carry two guns on his back when hiking/traveling.

That tactical bag idea sounds pretty sweet. I'd like to see it make it to the game.

So basically since we can carry a large melee weapon and 1 rifle sized weapon i think the option to carry 2 rifle sized guns on you rather than a melee and one gun should be an option for latter. Only difference is you'd be sacrificing stealth and a free none bullet weapon in exchange for 2 fire arms. Meaning you couldn't carry a melee if you go this rout. But i really don't see why we cant since we can carry like 4 or 5 pistol sized weapons with us at all time lol.

What do you guys think? As long as there is some pros and cons to carrying both types i don't really see the issue.

Two? You can do that now.

You are not supposed to run around as a jack of all trades, you should chose a weapon and by that your task in a group.

While people might be able to carry two long firearms (from a realism perspective), I don't think that it make sense from a gameplay perspective, as everybody would be running around with one close/mid-range and one long-range weapon.

This would take away a lot from the tactical aspect of combat.

This game should not suppose too much. If something is realistic and therefore plausible it should be possible in game. But it should have plausible implications as well.

You can right now but its a glitch and you drop the 2nd rifle whenever you stop using anything in your hands. Unless it has been patched, I haven't checked since before the last patch.

http://imgur.com/7HDxpF4

Edited by Avengerki

I think that would be pretty heavy, plus you would need to carry enough ammo for both main guns, and your handgun. That takes slots quickly. I know the axe isn't very light either, but still.

Mosin and handgun combo works just fine for me at the moment. 

Edited by Greaves

I think that would be pretty heavy, plus you would need to carry enough ammo for both main guns, and your handgun. That takes slots quickly. I know the axe isn't very light either, but still.

Mosin and handgun combo works just fine for me at the moment. 

well ammo is no issue with an ammo storage box it saves you tones of space.

well ammo is no issue with an ammo storage box it saves you tones of space.

Reloading your mosin/magnum from the ammo box is not very fast when you're trying to shoot someone. And i don't think pistol and M4 mags fit in there.

Edited by Greaves

But being able to carry 5 different types of handguns decked out is ok? I dont see your logic in this.

I regularly carry 3-4 handguns at competitions (because I don't want to leave them in the car :)), no problem. I would NOT want to carry even two rifles around all day. There is a slight size and weight difference...