Sign in to follow this  
Spirit (DayZ)

"Wrong CD Key" With Beta Patch.

Alright, I finally decided to install the beta patch so I could get some more recent versions of DayZ. Well, when I try to install the beta patch after it's at 100% it says "Wrong CD Key."

I have bought the Combined Operations Edition from Steam.

The beta patch version I am trying to install is build 93965, and I have also tried install to build 93825. Both gave me the same error "Wrong CD Key."

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I also know my CD Key didn't let me choose my gender a while back too. So is my CD Key somehow invalid or something? I just don't see why it'd say I have a "Wrong CD Key."

Any help, or anyone else having the same issue?

Steam version? this happens when you move the game directory to a new machine. I just reinstall, not a big deal.

Steam version? this happens when you move the game directory to a new machine. I just reinstall' date=' not a big deal.

[/quote']

I just installed it again last night, but I guess if it fixes it I can install it again.

So, do I need to only install Operation Arrowhead again? Or do I need to install Arma 2 again also?

You need both games installed to actually use Combined Ops

You need both games installed to actually use Combined Ops

I do have both games installed, I was asking if I should reinstall both or only OA.

i recently reinstalled my OS and put the steam folder back in from a backup i had of it.

Try Verify integrity of Game cache...

When in steam goto Library, right click arma2 and choose properties at the bottom.

In the new box that pops up choose the Local Files tab and then choose Verify game cache option.

Do the above for Arma2 Operation Arrowhead too.

Next do a re-install battlleye for both.

Next you need to run Each game once so that it can create the cfg files.

Run Arma2 and let it get as far as the ingame menus then exit game.

Run Arma2 OA and same with egtting to menu and then exit.

Then put the ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.exe ( or whatever version your trying to update to ) into your main Operation arrowhead folder.

then run the .exe again and see if it works this time.

do not reinstall, bandwidth is not cheap, you're not alone, we have the same problem too.

4L4N's post helped a bit but yeah getting cockblocked at the steam end of things now

built a new machine and copied old files over, seems to going nuts with CD key issues even in arma 2 and OA normal, odds are will prob delete all content and start again

I had the same problem. I bought Combined Operations off steam last night and installed everything as normal but when i tried to apply the patch i got Wrong CD Key.

If you are using Arma 2 Launcher then you need to set your profile and click Run Beta. I then ran the patch again and it worked.

Check this video for help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPemErzQy5M

i recently reinstalled my OS and put the steam folder back in from a backup i had of it.

Try Verify integrity of Game cache...

When in steam goto Library' date=' right click arma2 and choose properties at the bottom.

In the new box that pops up choose the Local Files tab and then choose Verify game cache option.

Do the above for Arma2 Operation Arrowhead too.

Next do a re-install battlleye for both.

Next you need to run Each game once so that it can create the cfg files.

Run Arma2 and let it get as far as the ingame menus then exit game.

Run Arma2 OA and same with egtting to menu and then exit.

Then put the ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.exe ( or whatever version your trying to update to ) into your main Operation arrowhead folder.

then run the .exe again and see if it works this time.

[/quote']

Ugh I'm so frustrated with these damn games right now..

First I was getting some Direct X 9 error, which I finally fixed.

Now I'm trying to install the beta and I'm getting the Wrong CD Key error. I did all of the steps you've provided, but when I try to reinstall battleeye I get this message, "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time." W....T.... F.... I don't think a single game has made me so angry. Please help!

Edit: Do i NEED the beta patch to play DayZ?