Rushthezeppelin

Up to 100k desync on nearly every server!!!

Nearly every server I've joined since the last hotfix has caused major desync issues.  Most often they are capped at 100k but occasionally I will have ones as low as 1500ish which is still rather unplayable unless you are just sitting on a low pop server regening health, hoping noone will sneak up on you.  Only 3 times since Monday have I found any servers that didn't have this issue and in all cases it was only temporary that I could actually stay on the server (40min-3hr).  This is ranging on everything from extremely local low ping (20ish) servers to ones in the high 90s. 

This is causing me to have extreme trouble moving, picking up objects and just a bit ago killed me while I was trying to go downstairs in a building.  Didn't even see my death, one second running down stairs, next "You are dead".  Really bums me out since I had alot of gear that took me ages to collect (namely the stupid can opener).

Is this perhaps due to a setting in my router that needs to be changed since the last patch or perhaps the game no longer likes my Belkin wifi usb stick?  Anyone got any ideas if this is a client issue I can fix or if I have to wait for Rocket to make a fix for this?

Edited by Rushthezeppelin

I noticed crazy lag all last night, I think its the HIVE/game itself not the individual servers, my optics were going crazy too, like last night i couldn't zoom or scope properly.

no lag here, but i do see lots of ppl being kicked.

FIgured I should also mention this is happening regardless of how many players are on a server as well.  I'm generally hopping on servers with 4-15 players and it doesn't seem to make a darn bit of difference.

Also my bandwidth is usually higher than the average on any given server and I definitely have my firewall turned off.

Well I'm seeing the 100k desync alot less now after messing with non-vital processes (turned off AVG and Spybot S&D).  Desync in showing as 0 majority of the time but I'm still having pretty major desync in reality despite what the game says.  Delayed movements and crazy rubber banding.

This just gets better and better.  I managed to find one server last night that allowed me to play for about 4 hours before I went to bed.  Me and a friend went around and I got pretty darn geared up (had bout everything I needed sans a good rifle).  We go logout at the hill SW of Gorka.  Get back on today and start trying to find a good server.  No luck for about 15 servers and then all of a sudden I try another one and I'm back on the freaking coast as a fresh spawn, even tried several servers to make sure it wasn't one mislabeled as a public server to no avail.  So apparently this bug can kill your freaking character even when they are on a hill in the forest.  I understand dying while actually logged in and say trying to move in a multi-story building due to desync, but dying while logged out on a hill due to desync mystifies me......

Really hope someone offers a fix for me or the devs fix it soon because right now even when I do find a playable server, I risk losing all my stuff just trying to find another playable server the next day.  Driving me bonkers.

Ok looked everywhere for help.  Its at taking a break and moving on to other games.  Cant interact with even doors.  Cant equip my weapons anything.  Game is 100% unplayable for me.  Tried tweeting devs everything i could.  Searched every thread looking for any kind of answer and can find nothing.  To me it seems like it started when the battle eye system was implemented.  Can't seem to find any servers without the battleeye.  Hope this gets fixed for newer players coming in.  Good community and game a shame its a lost cause for me for now.   If anyone finds any resolutions please post here for other players so they can resolve this and not get turned from the game.

If you are having the same problem as most of us you can at least play reliably on the non BE servers, what few there are.  They all have worked fine for me so far.

haven't been able to find any besides 2 test servers.  Would love to find one, can someone link an ip?

I had exactly the same problems, it was driving me mad!

But i found a solution for my desync problems. My ping was low, bandwidth was about 400 and my desync went through the roof!

The weird thing was i had major problems, but my friends from the same country as me didn't have any problems.

A few weeks back i updated my Network Interface Drivers to the latest version. ( Realtek)

I used the original drivers from Realtek, not the one from Microsoft. I think this started the problem.

I advice to check your motherboard type and grab your network drivers from your motherboard manufacturer.

If you go to > Config Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Network Adapter -> and select the properties of your Network card, then you'll be able to change settings at the tab 'Advanced'.

You've got several options like ARP offload, Green Ethernet (?), Jumbo-frames, etcetera. Options most of which you don't need.

I disabled everything and my bandwidth went up and my desync disappeared completely!

I don't think this will solve everybody's desync, but hopefully this will work for a few. 

( Excuse my poor grammar )

I'm also having this problem. Can anyone else confirm that playing on non-battleye servers fixes your problem?

Agreed with OP with all fellow posters having these exact issues. I understand its the alpha and we have issues to deal with. I've died climbing ladders, my characters reset with no reason after being fully stocked etc, and I didn't blink an eye.

This server issue/BattleEye issue and being unable to play for the last 3 days is making me want to stop trying. I understand maybe the dev team wasn't ready for this big of a response and player base, but this is a GAME breaking server and client issue. I bought this game the 2nd night it was available, and feel like the least they can do is QUICKLY figure out the problem and fix it, as it effects what looks to be a huge player base. Why the hell is it taking so long to fix?

• Like 1

I have same problem. The bandwiths usually increases drastically when I'm nearby other players.

gOutssw.jpg

So guys, I posted this in another thread. But after trying everyones theories and potential fixes, what finally did it for me was simply turning off my antivirus software (AVG) while I played, then turned it back on when I logged out.

Hope it's this simple for everyone else.

Same issue, cant be on a server for more then 15 min until i am at 1500 - 100000 desync. This has only came about sence the latest patch... game no loger playable...

Same issue here tonight, if you people can't get the game to not fail with so little content in it today I'm not sure what hope there is for the hive to be able to handle things when it gets real.

Not to be too much of a smartass, but make sure you don't have any sort of torrent program running....or anyone on your network. Game was unplayable last night for about 30-40 minutes until I realized I had left BitTorrent running on the wife's laptop. Was bouncing from 1500-20000 desync until I closed it, then went back to normal. I guess that theory can apply to making sure there aren't any heavy internet programs/tasks going on in your network.

Also the wipe bug you mentioned secondary is fairly common, I look at it as a way to punish server hoppers, because that is normally when it happens. Only fix I've found for that is to rejoin the last server you were on that you had your gear on, but if you are server hopping that can be problematic to figure out.  

Edited by JoeMonkey

The desync is extremely bad, it took us 4 hours to get a quarter of a mile when traveling in a group, and some couldn't see each other. So anyone who plays alone, don't assume that you aren't getting lag because you don't feel it, chances are, you are lagging, but the desync is causing a void in people's placement. i.e. People are around you, but you can't see each other, I assume this is where these 'ghost server' reports are coming from, e.g.: http://imgur.com/a/zFjWF