Sign in to follow this  
pilgrim*

Language (translation) text Errors

Bad Translation or bad text:

The water bottle gives contents in mL (mili-litres) - when full it reads 100mL. This is wrong as 1000mL = 1 Litre.

100mL is only about one tenth of a normal canteen NOT a canteen full, and 10mL is about half a teaspoon (NOT one swig) . Try giving contents as 1L ; 0.7L ;  0.1L instead, to be accurate.

This is probably an coding error or an Language error from the moderators, i doubt it's much to worry about.

• Like 2

Another note : Whatever the state of your equipment, on the bottom line of your hud (linked to your number keys) the equipment is always described as PRISTINE... but hey Ted... Im not 'worried' I just want the game to be RIGHT, ya know ?

I live in France and I KNOW how many French players think its crazy that your water bottle tells you there's 1mL left in it.... that's so small it wouldnt hydrate you even if you injected it... its like your car telling you that you still have 3cc of petrol left.

Im Brit, but I estimate (including USA) that at least half the Dayz players are French, Russian, German, Dutch.. and other 'second language' countries. Ive played often on Romanian and Quait servers, and on a Japanese sever when I could get the ping.. SE Asia likes Dayz too. The Russians and other Kyrillic language players from the old USSR region are crazy on days, and deadly. Play against/with those guys, they play for real.

So language is important, it has to make sense, right...?

action message:

I have drank  /  all canteen

should be

I have drunk  /  all the canteen

or  (better)

I have drunk  /  the whole canteen