Sign in to follow this  
Taggert13

Mosin Pointblank Issue

I've noticed a problem with the mosin at point blank range.  It doesn't seem to hit a player that is literally right in front of you when hip firing.  Both the muzzle and the dot are right on them.  So unless the bullet left the muzzle at a right angle, it should hit them.  Friends have observed this and I have seen videos where it happens to others as well.  The M4 and pistols don't seem to have this issue.  I assume it is a latency problem.  Anybody know exactly what the issue is or how to avoid it?(besides not letting people get close)  I've taken to having my pistol out instead when I am in town.

Edited by Taggert13

Either you're a shit shot or your zeroing is off?

Page up/down to zero.

I noticed this as well, one of my friends like to run with the mosin a lot and yesterday I watched him shoot 4 times at a zombie that was no more than 2 feet from him. The gun almost looked like it was hitting the zombie.. and he missed..

We laughed at him and told him to uninstall the game.. he told us to f*ck off and then nailed a zombie from 400M+ so I couldn't say much after that xD

Aye, I feel like the bullet starts 1 foot in front of the mosin, as if it doesn't know how long the barrel is.  I figured the game thinks I am 1 foot forward, and my enemy is 1 foot closer, and we just overlap.  I backpedal when I can and that works just fine.  5m away works like a charm.  There is just so much melee in the game to not be able to shoot someone right on you.

I have used this to my advantage.  Bandit tried to rob me and I just ran up inside him and started punching, he fired like 4 mosin shots, no hits then he went down.

Also, my zeroing is always set to 50 when this occurs.  I don't know what anyone elses was.  But even if it was set to 800, that isn't going to effect the tragectory 1foot in front of me.

Edited by Taggert13

Zeroed to 50 meters? O_O
That is a weird number to me because we zero our M4's to 300 meters...

Don't use the dot in close combat, it doesn't actually show where the bullet will impact, and also never use the 50m zeroing, it's useless, 100 is the very lowest you should ever need to go in this game.

Is there something wrong with 50m zeroing?  I leave it at 50m because 50m is the only distance I would get surprised from and have to fire fast.  If someone is 100m+ then I have time to press page up once.

I have used the dot just fine at a distance, my question is why doesn't the dot work close but works far.  I can land a 150m+ shot just fine with the dot, but not a 1m shot.  If it is a straight line, then both should be valid.

If I was running through a field, I would zero to the nearest tree line.  But then I wouldn't be running through a field in the first place!  ;)

Is there something wrong with 50m zeroing?  I leave it at 50m because 50m is the only distance I would get surprised from and have to fire fast.  If someone is 100m+ then I have time to press page up once.

There's no point setting it to 50m because this is what happens when set to 100m:

wwtUVKX.png

As you can see it barely rises at all. Less than the diameter of the human eye (in blue), and that's at the very maximum. So 100 will work fine at short range.

I have used the dot just fine at a distance, my question is why doesn't the dot work close but works far.  I can land a 150m+ shot just fine with the dot, but not a 1m shot.  If it is a straight line, then both should be valid.

qxIkwbW.png

I believe the dot shows where you are looking, not where your gun is pointing, at close ranges the bullet will hit low.

• Like 1

Well.. with my personal experience with military, our M4/M16's are zeroed to 300m, even with ACOG;s and RDS (CCO's), we still train with reflexive fire and clearing buildings/rooms with them zeroed to 300m. If I remember correctly, and I am not a physicist by ANY means, the round leaves the barrel then actually raise, like an arch, then at 'x' meters the round begins to drop, at 300m zeroing, 50m, 100m, 150m, are not effected by the drop so it basically travels in almost a straight line, because after 'x' meters it raises, then drops after 'x'.

Sorry if that makes no sense... I understand it, XD