Jambo333

Please make loot respawn!!!!!!!!

We are being forced to server hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherno skirt and electro and be happy ...

not use the fact spawn items for you get server jumping.

the MOD were tons of spawn and yet the players ficavem changing the global server.

this perfect spawn, the player should look less touristy cities in order to arrange food.

I highly doubt that. even on servers that don't restart all the time there is always loot to find unless your annoyed because you can't find like 200 5.56 rounds in twenty minutes

• Like 2

This is one of the main things I want them to fix. So annoying to not find anything in 10 towns around... It encourages you to server hop, but I'm too lazy to press 'Esc', click the Exit button and select a good server .-.

www.dayzdb.com is fully updated now. No need to server hop. There is so much loot if you move inland it is crazy. I normal don't even go in building at a certain point because I can't carry anything.

But like most of society these days they want everything easy and quick.

• Like 1

I highly doubt that. even on servers that don't restart all the time there is always loot to find unless your annoyed because you can't find like 200 5.56 rounds in twenty minutes

you couldnt possibly be farther from the truth. im forced to play on servers with <10 people because of limited loot availability, and im not talking about being on the coast. if the server restarts were 2 hours, no loot respawning would not be a problem. 4 hours is entirely too long to wait if youre on a high pop server and spawn in a heavily trafficked area. im sure the devs will address this in time

Edited by Skinwalker

www.dayzdb.com is fully updated now. No need to server hop. There is so much loot if you move inland it is crazy. I normal don't even go in building at a certain point because I can't carry anything.

But like most of society these days they want everything easy and quick.

It is? Thank God, finally....

you couldnt possibly be farther from the truth. im forced to play on servers with <10 people because of limited loot availability, and im not talking about being on the coast. if the server restarts were 2 hours, no loot respawning would not be a problem. 4 hours is entirely too long to wait if youre on a high pop server and spawn in a heavily trafficked area. im sure the devs will address this in time

You speak so why not go out of the main cities ....

play on a server with an average 20-40 players. Friend the map is huge is impossible not you find a city with some food until you think mosim

You speak so why not go out of the main cities ....

play on a server with an average 20-40 players. Friend the map is huge is impossible not you find a city with some food until you think mosim

its incredibly difficult to head north without basic supplies. if those basic supplies are not found in or close to the main cities, heading north is a deathwish

its incredibly difficult to head north without basic supplies. if those basic supplies are not found in or close to the main cities, heading north is a deathwish

source of water you find easy.

is what is most difficult because you already start the game with thirst.

eliminating its headquarters you have still a 15min to move which is absolutely easy.

sorry again but players who do not like the current spawm item is because you want the easiest game and it'll never agree already that the game is to survive

and what's the use if you can all the cities of the coast.

loot respawn =/= easy, im not suggesting a 15 or 30 minute loot cycle. if the servers stay up for 4 hours the loot should respawn at least once in that time

Edited by Skinwalker

just make it so that if you leave a server and join another one in less than 15 minutes or so then you spawn at a random place in a few kilometer radius or spawn back at the beach .. that could work too(with your gear ofc)

The thing about loot respawns is, loot will not respawn if players are in the area, and there are many things they have to account for in regards to people attempting to exploit that fact, it is not a "simple script" they can just chuck in, sure, they could waste time doing a script that will later just be thrown away and wont help the situation, but as I said, its a waste of time, they will work on the proper system when it becomes important, for now, find other cities, server hop, whatever, it is alpha, test what we have, then when they add respawns and anti-server hopping code, if things are still broken in regards to loot, or exploits are found, post it on the bug tracker so it can be fixed.

server hopping ruins the point of the game... things aren't supposed to be easy... something needs to be done about the lack of spawn point variety & server hopping, above anything else... zombies included

server hopping right now just makes everything seem even more scarce then they actually are. People are just exacerbating the problem.

Just took a trip to the NE airfield, watched it from the northern hill making sure it was clear, made my sneaky approach, noticed some idiot in the window of the police station/barrack wearing a yellow raincoat spawn in, so I have my gun up as soon as I go in the building, he's at the top of the stairs waiting for me --

I win. He's dead midway down the stairs. I grab his rifle (decked out in MOE parts) and the ammo box he was carrying (it becomes apparent he was server hopping when I open it and find close to 400 rounds.) Just as I get to the top of stairs, I hear someone walking behind me (im guessing out the cell below) we see each other and I move back from the stairs a little and ready my weapon. Sure enough he comes up with his m4 raised -- and once again, there's a gunfight.

I win again, but not before taking a bullet, so i crouch next to one of the beds and bandage myself, then pull out the m4, deciding to get the hell out of there while I could, and as im going down the stairs, another person walks out from the jail cells, luckily I was expecting this by now. He sees me out of his periph. (or possibly the mound of dead players) and starts to turn with his weapon raised and sure enough, for a third time in the span of 5 minutes, i get into a gunfight, which I win after a short exchange. Then I ran like a little girl the hell out of there, through a hole in the fence, south towards the tree line to recuperate. 

Moral of the story is I'm not going anywhere near the NE airfield until hopping is dealt with in some fashion, lmao.

• Like 1

who said i'm looting main towns? not me...

atleast introduce some sort of temp ban to repeat server hoppers? that would stop them

So first you say that you are 'forced' to server hop and then you want to ban server hoppers? Don't make sense man.

I agree with you.

Mostly to show all the fanbois here i have an openion of my own and that you are absolutely right.

This is lazy from BIS, its probably only a simple script to make respawns and they havent even adressed it..

Tic tac BIS, this crowd is gentle i must say... for now.

The reason loot does not respawn is not because they don't know how to write a script for it. :lol:  The same for zombies. :thumbsup:

If this is true, you don't know how to loot. I play on 40 player servers and can gear up with either a mosin or M4 with ammo, scope and food/water inside of 2 hours. Every time. Every single time. They need to make loot much more rare.

• Like 2

Stop being lazy and go north and find fresh loot.

Server hoppers really need their character wiped

• Like 2

The amount of stupid threads I've seen on this today are absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Have you EVER seen a pinned thread? Do you even know what they are?

"You are not being forced to server hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" it is your own choice to server hop.

NOW READ THE PINNED THREADS.

---Update---

P.S; I was watching stream earlier of some German guy who combat logged (later 'justified' it, apparently it's okay to combat log if you have no gear but another guy does) and server hopped for loot. As soon as I saw that I joined his server, waited until he was geared, then gunned him down and watched him rage quit from the game.

That's what combat loggers and server hoppers deserve, we should all unite to do this.

Edited by ColinM9991

I totally agree.  Forced server hopping is annoying.

But I understand why they have to do it.  I just hope they are able to stabilize and optimize things to where we can have dynamic loot spawns.

If you play on a restarting server (one that auto-restarts every 2 or 4 hours) you'll allways have enough loot. I've never felt the need to hop to another server for loot.

I hope they never implement a loot respawn. it would ruin a bit of the game for me.

I see your point, and to a degree I agree with you, but if/when they implement degrading of equipment, then eventually there will be no weapons at all. Or canned food.

I suppose the absence of canned food can be compensated by a hunting system (hunt for food). The absence of weapons could possibly be compensated with a crafting system, but I get the feeling that in the end, we'd all be degraded to pointy-stick-wielding cavemen :P  (because clothes would also degrade).

Congratz. You did it.

Because you asked they're going to make it happen, they weren't going to before hand but you changed their mind.

GOOD JOB BIG GUY!!

*golf clap*

• Like 1

I hope they never implement a loot respawn. it would ruin a bit of the game for me.

so hunting fresh restarted servers is better ?

i would love to see that the items and zombies respawn and that a restart dont affect loot so you can drop something and after the restarts its still there. thats also a good solution for this admin restart abuse thing.

play the mod for the sake of devs concentrating on the important things (debugging) before implementing complex stuff that bugs around everytime they make a patch (loot spawn system)

if you dont want to play an unfinished version... don't

Consider commenting on my thread: Loot: Mysterious and Unpredictable.

One thing I suggest is that inland loot could spawn more commonly than coastal loot. So some areas would spawn faster than they do now, but others might stay the same or even get longer.

I think people need to feel the squeeze more. I shouldn't be throwing full cans of sardines on the ground to make room for ammunition. I should be kissing that can like it's a high class French prostitute and I'm going off to war tomorrow.

Oh my god!!!!!!! Dude, I'm sure if we keep on spamming the exclamation marks, the developers will notice!!!!!!!!! /s

Edited by AntonioAJC