VuRaL

We are in Russia, are not we?

I just had my first automatic rifle and took some shots with it, i might have even killed one. I definitely felt the power of gunpowder!

But today it came to my face and I had to share it here. Why do i find a M16 instead of an AK47? IMO even today if we try to find a weapon in Russia, I am sure you can find hundreds of AK47 and if you are lucky one or two M16...

Aint that weird?

• Like 2

Believe it or not... this isn't the final product.

• Like 13

I would like to see an AK-47 in this game, 7,62 is IMO way better than 5,56 :)))

But as everyone says, this is just an alpha. There will be definetly an AK.

yeah its much discussed what weapons will go into the game ( maybe try that thread) but now you have opended this one i agree with you i am sure we can find american weapons in russia but im even more sure we would find russian weapons ( its in checoslavkia sorry for butchering the spelling really i am to lazy to look it up you know what i am trying to say )

Believe it or not... this isn't the final product.

I know that, I just wanted to share the fact and placed in general chat not under suggestions or development etc.

Its not Czechoslovakia, its only Czech republic. We are not Czechoslovakia by 1993... :)

• Like 1

The ak's are coming, they used the M4 first because its the best gun for testing the new attachment system.

• Like 2

Ya, AK don't have much improvements to implement. Why would Russian upgrade something what is perfect like an AK is :D

Its not Czechoslovakia, its only Czech republic. We are not Czechoslovakia by 1993... :)

I stand corrected geography never was one of my strong points ( add to that i am old so i kinda get stuck in using old names for things)

Beans for you for the polite correction (and the spelling lesson....

You're never in Russia, Russia's in you.

That said, all items in DayZ are custom made FOR DayZ, not using previous ARMA models. Give it some time, there will be more item variation.

Chernarus is also not Russia, it's an ex-Soviet bloc country like Bulgaria, Czechie, etc.

• Like 1

Czechoslovakia? LOL.

Look at this map from the ArmA 2's official trailer (at the moment where it zooms). It's somewhere near Chechen Republic (which is a part of the Russian Federation).

Edited by Barrett_killz

Well in ArmA 2 singleplayer campaign you played as a Us marine part of a UN intervention mission in a ex soviet country called chernarus.

• Like 1

I didn't say that you play in Czech republic. I just said that enviroment is based on an area in Czech republic

• Like 1

The lack of geografical knowledge from some of you is really depressing, I recommend less new spawn killing at the coast and more geo lessons for you.

Well in ArmA 2 singleplayer campaign you played as a Us marine part of a UN intervention mission in a ex soviet country called chernarus.

Indeed. Chernarus is its own fictitous country. It's neither in Russia, nor the Czech Republic.

Back on topic - like someone else said, the M4 was the best weapon for testing out the new attachment system so that was the first weapon that was completed and the others just aren't ready yet. There was an AK-74 in one of the closed test builds, so I would assume that it will be back a long with a lot of other weapons.

Edited by Mos1ey

DayZ is set in the Czech Republic in the area of Povrly :)

Indeed. Chernarus is its own fictitous country. It's neither in Russia, nor the Czech Republic.

compare.jpg

Edited by TheCalyx

^ Not gonna lie, I can't see a single correllation between the two images above, even with that idiot-proof outlining.

edit: just clocked it's the outline made by the river and not the dotted line.

Edited by mzltv

^ Not gonna lie, I can't see a single correllation between the two images above, even with that idiot-proof outlining.

edit: just clocked it's the outline made by the river and not the dotted line.

Durnit! Send the R&D Team back for more idiot-proofing solutions! :)

Joking aside, check the elevation, forestation, overall border lines, etc.

For glaring similarities, check just a little east of the NW airfield for the "green lines" both vertical and horizontal. Then have a look in the overall same area on the real life map...

In a few of the videos they have said they used the M4 first since that gun is one of the most modable.

( its in checoslavkia sorry for butchering the spelling really i am to lazy to look it up you know what i am trying to say )

Yeah you ment former Czechoslovakia which in 1992 split and formed two countries = Czech republic and Slovakia.

EDIT: I see this was beaten to death already,sorry for late post :).

Anyway Czech Sa vz.58 firing 7,62x39 (so AK47 round) will hopefully get in SA !

Edited by Hombre

DayZ is set in the Czech Republic in the area of Povrly :)

The map is based on this area of the Czech Republic (or rather its topography). However everything else is fictional. For instance the Czech language uses the latin alphabet, yet all the names of areas (not to mention they don't match the real names) and all the signs are in kirilica.

Chernarus is BASED on an area of the Czech Republic. Not set there, BASED.

Chernarus is a fictional ex-soviet state in the fictional Green Sea region. It's reasonable given the story and the language everything is written in that we are in what is/was a part of Russia.