thedogfoodyayho

Grenades Threat.

Just though it would be cool if you could pull the pin but hold the clip on the soon-to-be grenades. So something like this could play out.

You come across a player, telp him to put his hands up.

He pulls out a grenade and holds the clip on. 

He threatens to let if go if you don't leave, and it will surely kill you and/or destroy all his gear. 

So you leave him, he puts the pin back in, and walks away.

If you shoot him, the nade drops and you die.

Also, set traps.

Tripwires, which don't need grenades, but any explosive.

Then theres setting a heavy object onto an armed grenade without the pin. When someone moves tge item, it goes off.

And heres an unrelated trap. I though it up a few years ago while bored.

Basically, you get a tube, put a pin at the bottem, and put a bullet ontop the pin. You then bury it up to the nose of the bullet. When its stepped on, the pin is drivin into the Primer, setting the round off and effectively blowing the victim's leg off.

• Like 6

Just though it would be cool if you could pull the pin but hold the clip on the soon-to-be grenades. So something like this could play out.

You come across a player, telp him to put his hands up.

He pulls out a grenade and holds the clip on. 

He threatens to let if go if you don't leave, and it will surely kill you and/or destroy all his gear. 

So you leave him, he puts the pin back in, and walks away.

If you shoot him, the nade drops and you die.

Also, set traps.

Tripwires, which don't need grenades, but any explosive.

Then theres setting a heavy object onto an armed grenade without the pin. When someone moves tge item, it goes off.

Basically, you get a tube, put a pin at the bottem, and put a bullet ontop the pin. You then bury it up to the nose of the bullet. When its stepped on, the pin is drivin into the Primer, setting the round off and effectively blowing the victim's leg off.

nice stuff :D

would be great but i wouldn't use a grenade as a trap but the bullet idea sounds very cool i would pay to watch a bunch of raiders getting their legs blown off :thumbsup:

This happend to me once in the mod.

I met three other randoms and we teamed up and went to balota.

Shortly after entering the air tower to help a fresh-spawn he shouts in a arab sounding oice

"No! No1 you get back, I have gernaid muthafucka! Get back or I drop it!"

Shortly after everyone rushing away and hearing a loud boom that knocked a few of them down we fell back to the feild behind the ATCT, and unloaded all of our ammo on the tower.

It was a good time indeed.

• Like 2

The trap with the pin and the round wouldn't work.

Touching the primer with a pin isn't what sets it off.

The pin needs to have force behind it to create energy to set it off, which fires the round.

Stepping on it wouldn't be enough.

Rocket mentioned booby traps already ;) i love the idea of grenades too, especially cooking them off or holding to the spoon.

Another problem with the cartridge-tube trap is the fact that if you set a round off outside of a firearm it's just going to make a loud pop and do next to nothing. At most it'll make someone shit their pants and act as an early warning device. 

Also, as said before, the force of someone stepping on a round to drive it into an impromptu hammer likely isn't going to set it off. Stomping? Maybe, but just stepping on it ain't gonna do squat.

Edited by Warren Peace

I like your grenade idea, but not the booby traps. Mines and booby traps suck.

Also, the "trap" quoted above won't work. Even if you could get the victim to step on the shell hard enough to set the primer off, the gas will just escape out the side and the bullet won't even go through the victim's shoe. Even IF it worked, say if you buried a pistol and rigged it to fire if stepped on (which seems both like a waste of a pistol and kind of complicated), a pistol shot won't "blow someone's leg off". 

Edited by Rickenbacker

Hmmm... i just looked it up. Apparently it was used by the Japanese in WWII and worked. I'll neee to check the book out from the library to see how exactly they did it.

I like your grenade idea, but not the booby traps. Mines and booby traps suck.

Also, the "trap" quoted above won't work. Even if you could get the victim to step on the shell hard enough to set the primer off, the gas will just escape out the side and the bullet won't even go through the victim's shoe. Even IF it worked, say if you buried a pistol and rigged it to fire if stepped on (which seems both like a waste of a pistol and kind of complicated), a pistol shot won't "blow someone's leg off". 

wrong.

this was used in vietnam with 50cal bullets inside bamboo pipes

/edit

yes, the energy will get lost to the sides, but there is still enough charge and force to injure someones foot really badly.

(my grandpa fired bullets from a vise)

Edited by =GS=Quobble

My bet is they put it in a small pipe to contain some of the gas.

I was just looking for it on the internet, but all i found was putting explosives into bullets instead of gunpowder, which apparently destroys the gun and injures the firer. That would be awsome.

And how about landmines? 

I would like to see some more traps to discourage raiding

Maybe booby-trapped tents