Sign in to follow this  
Soviet (DayZ)

Driving/Flying Mechanics

Hello fellow survivors!

My name's Sovie! Iv'e been playing DayZ since June 2012, and i'm a huge fan of the game/mod.

Though i'm interested in somethings that could be interesting for the Standalone. 

Now iv'e heard about the Take on Helicopters mechanics/physics being implemented in SA (not sure if it's entirely true)

But what about vehicles (cars, trucks, etc etc)? Now i'm not a huge sim guy,

but having some sort of realistic driving mechanics would be an amazing implementation.

Such as maybe getting stuck in the mud (after it rains), being able to tow other vehicles (not that simple attachTo command that most people know, like a real rope or a towing winch)

and maybe compatibility with Steering wheels?

Such as something like this:

86d84b54f3a541ebe7dbc9f025b4522e.png

I don't know, just some stuff i thought id'e enjoy to see in the standalone. Other than that, the alpha is a HUGE success and i'm glad it's going far in development/community growth.

- Sovie

• Like 2

I want to see gears for some cars.

Maybe cruise control for really new ones.

And then for helicopters I wanna see a copy of the ToH controls.

Anything more realistic is welcome in my opinion, also stuff that lets us better control the speed of the cars they all only have 1 full boar speed.

To add to my idea, I was thinking W means move at a consistent speed.

While good ol Shift W would be for accelerate.

Once you reach the desired cruising speed let off on Shift and only hold W to travel at desired speed.

Manual should have a clutch button and + - as gear keys.

Cruise control should just use + and - as speed up and down (pressing W/S would cancel the cruise control).

As I said before ToH helicopter stuff.

• Like 2

I want to see manual cars, Just to watch every second person stall. ;)

• Like 1

I want to see manual cars, Just to watch every second person stall. ;)

Easy way to stop that. Bring it to redline and dump the clutch at full throttle. I would give you money if you had (video) proof that it would stall the engine.

Using a clutch properly requires a larger amount of control than can be offered by a keyboard.

the driving mechanics and physics of arma3 would be nice!

in general what the driving really needs is repairs with spare parts and fuel. if you run out of both you walk or some hicker might have a part, ducttape to fix it or has some gas on him etc.

shooting at vehicels should damage them with the need of repairs...

• Like 1

i think the removal of autohover, only first person in choppers and some cockpit interactions would make flying harder but not too hard.

• Like 1