Sign in to follow this  
Zemmer

Server Hopping Kill

So I was having a shoot out across an airfield, suddenly the firing stopped I thought maybe I Killed the person.. I decided to wait a bit.. 3 mins or so pass a person shows up behind me in the middle of the field and kills me...

My guess is the person joined a low pop server.. ran behind me and rejoined the server. 

-Fast server loading, Good or Bad?? I say bad.

Maybe when you manually leave a server there should be a 5 min or more load in time?.. I dunno just sucks being killed that way.

• Like 2

This isn't the first thread of this type, heaps of people complain about it everyday

They'll probably put a timer or something in eventually to stop this from happening

round these parts, we call this here concept "ghosting".

Tis a well known and hated issue. Yu ain't tha first...

Players are server hopping all the time. Today we killed a group of like 5 players and only 1 player survived. Then after few seconds he just spawned right in front of us and disconnect. I didn't had time to react. We ran away a bit and he spawned in front of us again... It's just stupid and cowardly.

Edited by Millhouse

fast server loading is very good. those idiots just arent

• Like 2

People join low population server for looting only. You actually got a higher change beeing killed on server with 9 players than on server with 40 players. Avoid logging off in police stations, barracks, firestations or other shit. Go log off in a bush nearby or something like that. I've killed tons of people in police stations because they logged in there. Once three guys logged in front of me inside the police station so I gave each a .357 to chew on. Use your brains guys.

Maybe he just ninja'd you.

How can you tell it was him? It could be another coastal bandit scumbag for all you know.

But, you know what the mods say to these kinds of topics....

nom

Maybe he just ninja'd you.

How can you tell it was him? It could be another coastal bandit scumbag for all you know.

But, you know what the mods say to these kinds of topics....

nom

He was the only other person on the server at the time.

fast loading server good!

timer when server switch - GREAT!

why not implemented in first patch? - Fuck knows

last mmorpg i played had a player killer delay, any contact with another player and you had to wait 5 min before logging

this just happened to me. in a house only way for him to get behind me was to log out then back in. i cleared the 3 floors then covered the door. 

these types of players are only in it for the killing not the game play. week scared players. thats all. (go play cod)

Just prepare yourself and be aware that this situation can happen everytime...

in the current state it's part of the game u need to handle (until the devs patch it somehow)

Edited by Gaint

Another one of these threads ;-; but I feels ya fellow survivor! You gotta be REALLY cautious and always look around you. :3

True. But it has been confirmed, that this (combat logging, ghosting) is high priority for the next patch. 

What you can do is very simple: Move. When you don't here or see something for some time (3 mins is a LOT of time in a fight ;)) move...change your position, eyes and ears wide open ;)

Because either the other player Combat logged or is trying to ghost you, or he is trying to flank you (or he ran away)

Just be careful when moving - you dont want him to give him a clear shot at you ;)

I think logging in to a server should not put you in the same place you left off. Put you at spawn location for now. Until we get camps or tents or whatever it is we're getting.