Sign in to follow this  
Space Milk

Allowing suicide

BEFORE ANY ONE YOU FREAK OUT, TAKE THE TIME TO READ

I think the ability to kill ourselves by slitting our throats and shooting ourselves in the head should be added BECAUSE

Have you ever just started out (not fresh spawn) and got some stuff like a knife, or maybe even a gun but fell far enough to break your legs.

Sucky thing is, there are no zombies around in a significant range, and the area is not frequented by people. There aren't even ledges to jump to your death.

Even worse, no medicine to fix the legs.  Yet you are forced to crawl for hours just to die or find the correct medicine. Instead, people should brutally and horribly kill themselves. Do a animation where they slit their throats, or where they blow their brains out. If someone happens to come by to see the body and cannibalism is added,  they should eat the brains off the wall.

Hello there

Remember that in real life suicide is not as "easy" as many folk think and we are aiming for some semblance of reality.

I believe the threat of illness, broken limbs should be high on one's priority list, Its a harsh world out there, nature is red in tooth and claw without infected.

IMHO, it'll be abused in game as an easy "get out"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

For that matter, can we remove the suicide button? Or have something to deter its abuse?

For that matter, can we remove the suicide button? Or have something to deter its abuse?

Well I am saying with a gun or knife.  You would have to spend 20-45 minutes searching houses to find that.  

Well I am saying with a gun or knife.  You would have to spend 20-45 minutes searching houses to find that.  

But what's the purpose of using the suicide button? To get a better spawn? That's abusing a system. I understand suicide if you get stuck in a building or something, but there could be an "unstick" button or command instead that moves you to the nearest unobstructed position. The suicide button makes no sense, it's got no purpose.

But what's the purpose of using the suicide button? To get a better spawn? That's abusing a system. I understand suicide if you get stuck in a building or something, but there could be an "unstick" button or command instead that moves you to the nearest unobstructed position. The suicide button makes no sense, it's got no purpose.

I put in the original post a situation that would justify suicide.

I put in the original post a situation that would justify suicide.

Hmmm, nvm. In which case, allowing suicide whenever if you're crippled/near dead would be fine, even without a weapon.

My first day in DayZ SA, I jumped from a lighthouse railing - You know, to see what would happen. I broke both my character's legs and I had to crawl all the way back up, just to finish my toon off... So there you go, Classic horror story.  

sometimes a better spawn is just wanting to meet up with your friends. in which case if i spawned a 30 minute walk from a friend who had also just spawned, id prefer to have a quick and easy option so we could meet up

in deans early access trailer he showed a woman killing herself with a pistol, it looked very cool. plus like OP mentioned you would have to find something to kill yourself with at least.  

Also in extreme situations some people would choose the easy way out, i think it would add an interesting narrative to a dead body you find, especially if combined with a handwritten note...

Just have a friendly chat with some zombies, that should do the trick.

Or if you really want to make sure you die talk to a player and say you friendly.

Just have a friendly chat with some zombies, that should do the trick.

Or if you really want to make sure you die talk to a player and say you friendly.

There are areas in the map where it is practically devoid of zombies and players. (Northern plains, mountains)

There are areas in the map where it is practically devoid of zombies and players. (Northern plains, mountains)

Zombies will be coming to all areas with further developement.

At least in alpha it should be possible. It doesn't relly matter if it gets abused because it is an alpha and you are not supposed to have fun.

it is an alpha and you are not supposed to have fun.

Don't know what game your playing, but DayZ is pretty fun to me.

Edited by IcyBlade