Sign in to follow this  
MrBojangles524

Dayz noob question

Can someone give me a list of Day Z of mods from oldest to newest and maybe a little background history? ie:  Difference from Arma 2, Dayz, dayz standalone, which ones came first etc.

Thanks in advance!

DayZ was a mod for Arma 2, the main difference between DayZ and Arma 2 is the zombies.

So that should answer the question about which came first (Arma)

Arma is a fantastic game though, and I would highly recommend playing it so you can get a feel for DayZ as it's not much different in terms of playstyle etc.

There's all sorts of fantastic weapons and devices on Arma which aren't in DayZ (yet) such as thermal imaging scopes and NVA's (Night viewing aids) you can even get hold of stingers, javelins and tanks on there.

In fact, if you're only a player of the mod, you might want to disable the mod and check out some Takistan Life servers on Arma 2 OA, purely because it's full of roleplayers and will give you some easy target practice. I would say play Wasteland too, but that tends to be awfully laggy due a fucktonne (that's a standard unit of measurement here in the UK) of global objects.

Hope I helped a little :)

Edited by Kocot

There are over 30 maps/versions of the mod that I'm aware of.

All the info you seek is readily available all over the internet. Asking strangers for a complete history lesson on the dayz mod is a bit much don't you think?

Day Z commander has the list of supported mods for day z! Just copy name in youtube or google and there u will find all u need 2 know!