Sign in to follow this  
mastersergant128

combat log idea (from dayz mod)

An idea i had for combat logging was from the mod, not sure which mode it was, but when you click escape, there was a timer of 30 secs before you could log out, but in some cases from what i heard was bleeding, and being handcuffed, and you log, your character should be in that server pronounced DEAD because of combat logging, not sure how this will work with alt f4ing people, but i just recently read a post about it, so i wanted to share my idea with this situation :)

I'm not that big on coding and I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement into the current game but I know there are a few Mod Servers out there that have this up and working.

Alt+F4 = Character wipe. There is no reason at all that Alt+F4 is an acceptable way to exit the game. Even if issues arise there is Alt+Tab or the extreme case requiring Ctrl+Alt+Delete

We don't get their lootz but neither do they.

I'm not that big on coding and I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement into the current game but I know there are a few Mod Servers out there that have this up and working.

Alt+F4 = Character wipe. There is no reason at all that Alt+F4 is an acceptable way to exit the game. Even if issues arise there is Alt+Tab or the extreme case requiring Ctrl+Alt+Delete

We don't get their lootz but neither do they.

yeah it would be an awesome thing, but hopefully there dead body will be there

I watched the vids on rocket's twitch channel and already has a good idea for it(once everything is stable pr released). Rocket's solution was to have the charactor stand around for a little while after you disconnect. this way if you Alt+F4 in the middle of a fight you stand up and give your attacker a clear shot for a bit. This way when you log back in you'll have a fresh spawn since your char was killed while you were away. 

you people make me sick im glad your victims combat logged god only knows what kinda of filth you guys would do to them

i like the idea of this, but nobody should be wiped instantly after Alt+F4. that would wipe characters on system crash, which is bullshit.

it'd be acceptable to have your character with a 60 sec cooldown before exiting the server and keeping all your gear and character.

• you crash to desktop.
  • your character remains on the server, but sits down for 60 seconds before leaving the server legit.
  • if you get shot while you're away and your character is sitting, you lose your gear/character

this is the only viable way to keep it fair and functional imo. opinions?
Edited by hiberNative

i like the idea of this, but nobody should be wiped instantly after Alt+F4. that would wipe characters on system crash, which is bullshit.

it'd be acceptable to have your character with a 60 sec cooldown before exiting the server and keeping all your gear and character.

• you crash to desktop.
  • your character remains on the server, but sits down for 60 seconds before leaving the server legit.
  • if you get shot while you're away and your character is sitting, you lose your gear/character

this is the only viable way to keep it fair and functional imo. opinions?

I think 60 seconds is too long, most people combat log as soon as you shoot at them, so you already have a visual on them anyway.

10 or 20 seconds should be more than enough, discussing the actual amount of time is pointless of course, but after losing connection you shouldn't be found by some random passerby.

I think zombies should de-aggro instantly after logging (loosing connection or whatever). Some people might choose this as an easy way out to escape Zombies, but - especially with a long logout timer - it would be annoying to lose gear to zombies after loosing connection. At least currently Zombies aren't a real danger to anyone with decent equip, so I doubt people would abuse it that much. With better and more zombies added to the game this behavior might change, though.

Edited by Baarn