Sign in to follow this  
WalkerDown (DayZ)

Solution to the CoD vs Carebears

Play both! :)

I know it sounds stupid (or ovbious) but after a while i've figured that there's really no solution to "force" (or call it invite) people to behave like they would do in real life, so the only possible way is to play (sometime!) is to to do the same: being a CoD kid yourself.

Until yesterday i played both, switching my gaming style upon death.. but it was annoying, plus i didn't died so frequently, so i've finally create my second profile (why i didn't think about it before?).

Now i can play as a "carebear" when it's safe to do so: when i want to get fun visiting the deer stands far from big cities; when i have my full team to cover my back with no risks; when i want "just" to survive.

Now i can play also as a PvP'er death-match user: i just switch the account and i go shooting all around brainless just for the lolz. I can even raid the airports without risking my "serious" character. And if i die? Who cares... the respawns are infinite.

Plus i can finally try every patch without being frustrated of dying for no reason because of a mysterious bug! :)

For most ppl this isn't the perfect solution i know, neither spending $15 more (you need another AO copy, not Arma2.. just AO) sounds a little dumb, but honestly it were being frustrating of having my game style forced on a single route because of the others: if you can't beat em, join em (but only for one half! :) ).

You don't have a different Character when you make a second profile. Another Name, another Face and another Keyboard Layout.

Solution: Don't push your playstyle on others - it's like it's become a fucking religion and if you don't follow it, you're an idiot. >_>

What do you mean? I have two DIFFERENT characters ... as i specified i have a second AO CD-KEY.

Ok sorry I thought you made only another profile ingame.

Solution: Don't push your playstyle on others - it's like it's become a fucking religion and if you don't follow it' date=' you're an idiot. >_>

[/quote']

That's what i tried... but unfortunately this is a MP game, so your game is influenced by the others. Imagine it as flight simulator (if you ever played one, you know how serious it can be when played with right guys), if most of the others players will start to crash into each other just for fun (totally unrealistic), they are going to ruin your experience as well. You can still playing it "seriously" but there's nothing you can do if anyone else is trolling around. :)

Now i can finally play "seriusly" when it's possible ... and i can troll as well when there's nothing better to do.

This isn't a solution? LOL wtf?

If anything this would make the problem WORSE