Sign in to follow this  
Feralfox

Fast Travel to Friends?

For those of us who have friends that play DayZ as well, this would be really nice. Literally ran 40 minutes just to reach my friend yesterday.

Basically if you have a friend on your steam friend's list, make a way to fast travel to where they are on the map? Maybe put a time limit on how often you can use it so it isn't abused somehow. I think this would make playing with friends much easier.

Absolutely not. Even if you put time limits it's still unfair and would be widely abused

ya know if they will just let us ride cows finally this wont matter!!!

Edited by meat pie
  • Like 1

Lets just get an magical unicorn... YEEEEY!  And a nyan cat of course....

If that was actually invented i'd just add everyone possible with DayZ and teleport to them if their in airfields lol. 

P.S IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Far too many ways that this could be abused. e.g. teleporting 5 of your buddies in when you end up in a 1v1 firefight, or simply teleporting to a friend to escape a firefight.

I would welcome a group spawning mechanic for players that are spawning new characters, but once you have an existing character you should be tied to wherever you are on the map.

• Like 4

fast travel or teleport would ruin what this game is about IMO.

to get from pooint A to B you need to have enough food & water, you need to know where you are going, maybe you need a compas and along the way you may need to dodge bandits or help people in need. insta travel or tlelport I think would basically make the game pointless.

to some extent vehicle will help when they arrive in some form

Not even one tiny chance in Hell.

ya know if they will just let us ride cows finally this wont matter!!!

• Like 1

It could be abused far too easily. Teleporting away in the middle of a gunfight, etc.

Far too many ways that this could be abused. e.g. teleporting 5 of your buddies in when you end up in a 1v1 firefight, or simply teleporting to a friend to escape a firefight.

I would welcome a group spawning mechanic for players that are spawning new characters, but once you have an existing character you should be tied to wherever you are on the map.

This.

A huge aspect of survival in DayZ is that you have to travel to destinations yourself. No warping or anything like that. It makes vehicles incredibly valuable.

Edited by Monkfish

For those of us who have friends that play DayZ as well, this would be really nice. Literally ran 40 minutes just to reach my friend yesterday.

Basically if you have a friend on your steam friend's list, make a way to fast travel to where they are on the map? Maybe put a time limit on how often you can use it so it isn't abused somehow. I think this would make playing with friends much easier.

NO, this has been posted before, this is one of the worst idea's.

You should be forced to search the forums with at least 3 different keywords before you are allowed to post something in the suggestion forum.

And for the 100 time: No, no and NO

Lol I honestly tried teleport and fast travel and got nothing on either, though yea I guess it won't be nearly as bad once there are vehicles.

As far as people teleporting away from fights like most of yall are saying... You can just insta log and get out of thoughs currently.

If you want teleporting you need to look at WoW, not dayz.  Just wait until we have cars in the game again or spend the time running to your friend like everyone else does.  Once again if you want any kind of teleporting in the game you are playing the wrong game.

Nu, it would be battlefield style.

Oh no I was shot! Let me spawn on you.

40mins is a lot, can be done much faster. Choose a point between you and your friend, run both to that point.