Sign in to follow this  
blfonsworth

A tale of Death, Trolling Revenge and helping a newbro in Elektro

Very long Read, tl:dr at the bottom

I really need to start recording. I almost can't believe what actually happened but this story is a perfect representation of why I love this game and have put nearly 100 hours into it over the last 2 or 3 weeks..

Yesterday I was looting Elektro alone. Terrible Idea, I know, but the only friend I had online was way up near the NEAF. I went into the office/school building next to the hospital to loot the weapons storage room upstairs since all I had at the time was a .45...

As I entered the lobby of the building I could hear a wounded person making that grunting noise and I could hear eating/drinking sounds. If someone was here and injured, they would either be very hostile and defensive or they may be very injured and need some help. I start to search the building’s 2nd floor. It sounds like the person is either on top of me or very close by, maybe upstairs in the weapon’s room. I slowly make my way around the steps and upstairs. No one is there but I can still hear them. I figure they are outside the building on the roof and I turned around to face the door and leave the room when a person steps through the door.

I immediately tell him to put his hands up and do not move but he backs out of the door before I could make any move of my own. He was pretty geared up with an M4, military clothing and a gas mask, although I thought it was a bandit mask at first since I only got a quick look at him as he walked in and then quickly backed out.

I repeat over the mic: “Guy with the mask, I saw you. Give up or I’ll shoot.”

He seemed to have disappeared. I gingerly stepped out of the door and did not see him. I assume he went down the stairs so I started down. I could still hear his guy making the injured grunting/groaning sounds. They got louder as I descended the stairs to the lobby.

With my gun at the ready and back in 1PP I slowly (tapping “a” softly over and over to inch to the left) come around the corner of the stairs. He is waiting for me, M4 already up and ready to fire. Without thinking or assessing the situation I quickly unload my 45 into him and dart back around the stairs at the same time. I knew I had shot him, I had to. Problem was her got me too. I was bleeding like mad and thought I had just lost the fight and would pass out any second.. Screen was so blurry I could barely see and everything is B/W.

I’m not dead though, I come around the stairs, gun at the ready to see him lying dead on the floor. I quickly patched myself and looted his body (got the m4 without going to a base haha)

I spent the next hour or better slowly looting house-to-house in elektro, eating everything I could and drinking all my water from my canteens, the canteens off the guy I killed and stopping at fountains. I eventually got my color back but the screen stayed blurred so I did the Video settings trick in order to continue playing.

My goal at this point was to get healthy. I didn’t want to risk leaving the city and cause myself more harm by running around without supplies but I also knew staying in Elektro was a risk. I didn’t care at that point. If I got killed then I would respawn and have a fresh guy. Loot is expendable and collectable. Not worried about it.

I was just finishing up at the fountain in the center of Elektro near the firehouse and headed towards the firehouse to check for 45 clips and ammo. The M4 I picked up off the dead guy only had 1 60 round clip with only ~40 rounds of ammo in it. When I rounded the corner of the house and stepped onto the sidewalk between the firehouse and the building across the street I got my wish of getting killed and respawning. I heard the crack of a gunshot and a split second later my screen was black. I had been shot by a bandit with a  Mosin.

This is where things get awesome and I really wish I had recorded it.

I respawn IN ELEKTRO!!

I took off running to my dead body thinking “I wonder if I can run to it, grab my stuff and run away fast enough to not get shot”. This was my plan. If I died, oh well, I just spawned and I’ll just spawn again.

As I’m running down the road I can see the bandit still looting my body. After all it only been maybe 45 seconds to a minute tops since I died and hit respawn and ran the couple of blocks from the ocean to the firehouse. I decided to go LEROY JENKINS on his ass. The direction I was running happened to be right up behind him, his back to me. I keyed up on the mic “I’m coming for that booty.. I’m coming to get that booty”.

To my amazement, he had picked up my M4 (that I had just taken from the guy I killed) AND THEN DROPPED IT ON THE GROUND!!!! Also to my amazement, he either did not hear me telling him that I was coming for him or he was afk for that couple seconds. Either way, I was able to run right up to him, pick up the M4 off the ground (pressing TAB and drag/dropping as fast as my fingers would move) before he realized I was there. Once I grabbed the M4 he realized I was there and ran to cover, as did I..

I circled the building across from the firehouse where the fountain is, ran cross the street and back around to where I could see the firehouse again. He had ran to field just outside the firehouse and looked like he was trying to find me.. he ran a good ways along the road in the field then came back. I was hiding in a bush next to the road not sure if I had been seen. I got a clear line of sight and took a shot.

Missed him.

Shot again, this time a burst of maybe 4/5 shots.

Landed at least 1 shot as I saw blood start to fall.

1, 2, 3, 4 more shots at him and he falls.

HE GETS THE F*CK BACK UP!

And I shot him one more time.

Once he was good and dead I got all my stuff back, plus some of his. I also made it a point to taunt him a bit for the lulz.

Once I saw his body fall for good I ran to him yelling on the mic “You shot the wrong guy, who did you think you were messing with? Didn’t expect me to come right back and kill your ass. That’s what you get for being a bandit and not paying attention.”

My roommate, who also has the SA and has probably put a good 60+ hours since I bought for him on steam, was watching the whole time. He had gone AFK from his guy who was up at the NEAF and had come into my office to talk to me about something. He laughed pretty hard when I shot the guy and got his stuff.

This story had a happy ending though, something other than death and destruction. Remember I said my intentions had been to check the firehouse for loot. After I got done dealing with that guy and picking up what loot I needed/wanted (there was still a lot left on his body and on the ground) I went into the firehouse to check it out. There was a guy in there. I don’t know if he was server hopping or ran in from the other side after me and that guy fought, or if he was a witness to it as well from inside the firehouse tower.

He was not armed and saw my gun and immediately made contact with me and announced he was friendly and just looking for loot. I told him to turn around and face away, which he did. I cuffed him and searched him. He had nothing except some clothes. It looked like he spawned in Elektro and looted what he could en route to the firehouse.

I’m not a bandit. I don’t KoS unless I feel it is necessary. Instead of taking what little this guy had, I opened a few cans of food and dropped them in his inventory along with something else. Told him about the dead body with lots of loot just outside and then told him to count to 10 out loud and I would be gone.

As I ran out of the firehouse towards the power plant I could hear him inside “ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR…”

TLDR:

Was looting Elektro alone. Killed one guy in a shoot out, i had a 45 and took his M4 after. Got sniped shortly after while trying to re-gen health. Repawned in elektro, was able to get back to my body, grab my gun and kill the bandit that killed me, trolling him the whole time. I then gave free loot to a newbro and disappeared into the countryside. Sometimes I rob people, sometimes I get in fights, and sometimes I give stuff out for free. I need to start recording.