Sign in to follow this  
SixGunLover

Ruined equipment

I like this new feature, it add a lot to the game, but I'm pretty sure that this is not working as intended right now. Me and some friends cumulated roundly 20 "clean kill" to fully test the feature (among other things) and to come to the conclusion that far too many items are ruined without being hit. For example, I killed a player with a .357 in the head and another bullet when he was on the ground and another player with three 5.56 in the head. Nearly all the equipment was ruined except his cap and his glasses.

We all know that dayz is in alpha, that not the point. My question is: Is that intended this way or will it be worked in the future to only damage what should really be damaged depending of the situation?

• Like 1

There honestly needs to be a way to maintain and bring item quality back up to top health. Some items are WAY to rare or in terms of clothing color to hunt for all the time too.

Yes, the point currently is you can still Eat ruined food and use ruined items, i've tested this on MANY items. (Mags don't seem to work too good though.) :beans:

Yes, the point currently is you can still Eat ruined food and use ruined items, i've tested this on MANY items. (Mags don't seem to work too good though.) :beans:

Thats why you only carry like one or two good mags with you at all times so its not all wasted. Just make sure you have the highest mag capacities you can find untill you can empty the ammo from another or find more. Found a few Coupled mags now but i only have one in my inventory.

We all know that dayz is in alpha, that not the point. My question is: Is that intended this way or will it be worked in the future to only damage what should really be damaged depending of the situation?

I agree.  And a shot to the chest should not ruin the backpack (though maybe this varies with the calibre of the weapon - or how many bullets you hit him with).  In any case, I don't think it should run everything.  Presumably this hasn't been tuned yet, and when it does it can be tuned down so that some things get hit by bullets and others are unaffected. 

also there dont have to be everything runined inside, there have to smth like this:

if 2 shots given on eg. backpack:

100 % chance 1 item ruined

70 % chance 2 items ruined/badly damaged

end so on... its unrealistic that everything is ruined if i shoot the enemy from behind in the backpack...

Has anyone noticed side effects from ruined equipment?  I've had no problem using ruined items/equipment other than magazines.  I've been unable to load ruined magazines into the m4.

Good idea +1 the bullets damage only objects randomly in the garment of the player has received the bullet will increase the realism !

Edited by LmPwyBb