thag

M107 in Standalone

So first, before i start this topic i don't want to read any whining about: OMG ONESHOT OP NERF DELETE. Really i don't care about one shot the only thing i want is that weapon itself.

Ok, so first thing i want to metion is why they removed it in mod. 

1. Hackers: There were a lot of them, so m107 together with as50 become too much common, during my 1 year playing i found those guns more from players than from spawns. You can just climb up on the sniper hill in electro and you just found your first as50/m107 if you're lucky. so I hope hackers will be eliminated in standalone, or atleast they will stay in mod.

2. Ammo Dupe: Yes, one of the biggest problems in Dayz was Ammo Dupe. with ammo dupe you can just sit on the hill and sniping all the day no matter how rare those mags are. I personally did that for long time. For a case i have 4 mags, and i shot down over 400 zombies. I just put my mags into bag and take them back to inventory and i have them full again, or i just relogged. So

this (along with hackers) completely destroyed the rest of those guns rarity, so people start whining at forums remove them pls, this game becomes deathmatch. Now ammo dupe is fixed and doesn't work anymore so i don't see any good reason why they can't be bring back.

I know that Dean Hall wants this game to be more Surviving than Deathmatch, but he can't just forbid the PvP.

PvP is one of the main elements of this fantastic game and well, people prefers it more than just helping each other to survive.

So, finally why i want this gun to be in Standalone ? Its simple: I love this gun so much i like the gunshot sound and sniping aswell so when i found m107 its like the Biggest Trophy for me, like when you get Legendary weapon in world of warcraft. ( I hate guns with PSO scopes like SVD, KSVK etc). I don't like the their zeroing at all and their sound aswell.)

Without hackers and ammo duping This gun becomes extremely rare, very hard to find. In Standalone it will be more difficult to have this gun because of durability of each pieces of weapon.

I don't know if they planning Helicrash sites in Standalone but i will appreciate this, so this gun and some others may spawn only there again.

At least about OP... i don't know i killed guy with 3 shots in stomach with M4.. so i think it doesn't matter what damage this gun will have in Standalone. (do not forget that this is 50. cal not a 5.56x45mm)

Thats all from me.

Edited by thag
  • Like 1

Well, zeroing, scopes and what not are all attachments, so that argument is invalid. If it's just for the looks of it, sure, why not. It should have similar damage properties to other sniper rifles of similar caliber. I'd hate to have this one super duper awesome gun in game everybody goes for, leaving everything else inferior.

No.

Why not? I'll dare asuming that it won't make a difference to you, wether you get shot with the M107 or the Mosin...

I'd still prefer a "soviet weapons only" aproach to the games gun-wildlife though.

Make it spawn without a scope or bipod. No other sights on it besides the rail attached for the scope then make the ammo super rare. Along with the weapon itself.

Then i would start thinking about accepting it being availible.

I'd be more accepting of a single shot or low mag cap bolt action 50 over a semi.

Edited by Dchil

It's a 15kg (unloaded) American rifle. It has no place in a post-apocalyptic post-soviet state...

• Like 8

I dont want one-shot snipers in the game and a M107 cant be anything besides a one-shot weapon. I even hope no real snipers will make it into the game, maybe the SVD or rarely a M24. The less sniper rifles the better.

• Like 1

It's a 15kg (unloaded) American rifle. It has no place in a post-apocalyptic post-soviet state...

well, like M4 from america, Mp5 and G36 from Germany, like FN Fal from France, Berreta m9 from italy.. etc..

Edited by thag

I dont want one-shot snipers in the game and a M107 cant be anything besides a one-shot weapon. I even hope no real snipers will make it into the game, maybe the SVD or rarely a M24. The less sniper rifles the better.

I definitely think we'll see the SVD again further down the line. It might be quite rare, but that is definitely the kind of weapon that you would encounter in an area like Chernarus.

well, like M4 from america, Mp5 and G36 from Germany, like FN Fal from France, Berreta m9 from italy.. etc..

These weapons are all european (save for the M4, which is one of the most commonly used weapons worldwide anyway), much lighter (which makes sense from a survival standpoint) and much less expensive (which makes sense from an availablity standpoint).

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

This!!!

• Like 2

Why not? I'll dare asuming that it won't make a difference to you, wether you get shot with the M107 or the Mosin...

Makes a huge difference to me, And really, Adding in "Oped" Snipers is just going to encourage more KoS to fresh spawns, Plus i think i saw a post some where (I could be wrong) that they didn't want to add in 50. cals, And it's just a stupid idea! It's a survival game not a military simulator! >.>

I definitely think we'll see the SVD again further down the line. It might be quite rare, but that is definitely the kind of weapon that you would encounter in an area like Chernarus.

These weapons are all european (save for the M4, which is one of the most commonly used weapons worldwide anyway), much lighter (which makes sense from a survival standpoint) and much less expensive (which makes sense from an availablity standpoint).

M4/16 from Europe? dream on...and how about remington shotgun, M14, M24, DMR (which seemed to be M14 with better scope), M40A3... all of them from USA (and maybe all the LMGs - mk48/m240/m249 since they are belguin+USA)

• Like 1

No. Just No.

Now don't get me wrong, I love sniping and I'm pretty damn good at it. I love the M107, AS50, Lapua and DMR. I also have a soft spot for the good old CZ550 as it's a grat LOL sniper. But really 12.7x99mm NATO (.50 BMG) have no place in standalone.

Why can't I haz????? I hear you cry.

For the simple fact that it just doesn't fit. We are in a post apocalyptic psuedo-Russian province that's been over run by Zombies (Well hopefully when optimization allows more of them) and we are the last of the survivors (Civilians no less) who must roam this land in search of Beanz and the lesser spotted can opener. We are not Military units, there are no substantial weapon armouries. There are no Allied bases bar some tents.

When forces respond to a situation like a medical crisis, which this would have been the military do not send special forces or sniper teams loaded with anti-material rifles so in keeping with the theme you're not going to find any regardless.

There are some weapons I'd like to see such as the M16, M14, some silenced pistols (where's my Makarov SD???) and some others that would be in keeping with a Medical Military deployment but I really don't want to see this go the way of the mod. The Mod will never Die so if you need that .50 fix then you may as well fire that up because in my opinion having those things lying around will just push the game further back into the Mod's territory and I'm sure that's what they're trying to get away from.

Also 'Rocket' has never once said he'd ban PvP and acknowledges that it's an essential part to the game, he only wants to shift the focus and bring a bit of interaction back into the game. Don't get me wrong. KoS is fine for some and I will do it myself depending on the situation but again I won't kill an unarmed person and rarely will I shoot at a lone player unless they look like they're actively hunting.

Right that's all on that as I'm going off topic now.

Edited by G24HAM
  • Like 2

Makes a huge difference to me, And really, Adding in "Oped" Snipers is just going to encourage more KoS to fresh spawns, Plus i think i saw a post some where (I could be wrong) that they didn't want to add in 50. cals, And it's just a stupid idea! It's a survival game not a military simulator! >.>

now its 50% marathon simulator and 50% fps because almost everyone is shooting on sight

Sorta true.. although if some guy just wants it for the sake of looks... nerf that fucker down to a .22 and let them have it....

Nevermind, SOVIET WEAPONS ONLY ALL THE WAY!!!

M4/16 from Europe? dream on...

These weapons are all european (save for the M4...

Reading level: beginner.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

When forces respond to a situation like a medical crisis, which this would have been the military do not send special forces or sniper teams loaded with anti-material rifles so in keeping with the theme you're not going to find any regardless.

Have you ever heard about Russian black market? those rifles could already been in that area easily before the apocalypse...

Doesn't even fit the setting at all. I don't understand why people can't do with a .338 Lapua or a .300 Win Mag or something more practical and fitting, they'd all be one-shot kills so why stick a Barrett in the game? I like plenty of guns but I don't want them in the game because I know they don't make any sense.

No.

• Like 3

i don't care about one shot the only thing i want is that weapon itself.

This is still a game, I don't know why you doing so much fuss about adding one gun. I don't know like you Mos1ey but i never seen Soviet Soldier running with M4. And so when i mentioned that M107 will be found only in Helicopter Crash that means Americans just simply arrived there with big calibers like M249, Mk 48, M107 ETC... Why couldn't they bring M107 with other weapons against zombie apocalypse. Think about it deeply before you post something.

so i guess helicopters dont belong either? so why dont we just not recommend ANYTHING that was around with the original mod? why take away things instead of add them back in? day z was perfect before and to say anything otherwise is insane. if you complain that it one hit kills then maybe you should go back to playing battlefield 4 or call of duty, seriously, before the damage patch in arma2dayz everything was perfect. the colt 1911 felt like it did the damage it was supposed to and now everything is cut in half, now people are saying they dont want things in the game because they simply die from it? get a grip and go play something else, this is DayZ... not your customized game for your benefit of the doubt cause it interferes with your gameplay. 

btw those one hit snipers were there for a reason, then once vehicles are in you will just be complaining you dont have anything to take out engines, or rotors on helicopters the next time you happen to play and cant do anything about heavy vehicular battle. 

Edited by keyboardcatSS
  • Like 2

so i guess helicopters dont belong either? so why dont we just not recommend ANYTHING that was around with the original mod? why take away things instead of add them back in? day z was perfect before and to say anything otherwise is insane. if you complain that it one hit kills then maybe you should go back to playing battlefield 4 or call of duty, seriously, before the damage patch in arma2dayz everything was perfect. the colt 1911 felt like it did the damage it was supposed to and now everything is cut in half, now people are saying they dont want things in the game because they simply die from it? get a grip and go play something else, this is DayZ... not your customized game for your benefit of the doubt cause it interferes with your gameplay. 

btw those one hit snipers were there for a reason, then once vehicles are in you will just be complaining you dont have anything to take out engines, or rotors on helicopters the next time you happen to play and cant do anything about heavy vehicular battle. 

finally someone with working brain

• Like 1

I fail to see how helicopters are counter-intuitive to survival or don't belong in an area full of airfields.

The M107 (even without ammo) is very, very heavy (therefore not exactly ideal for lugging around for miles and miles) and so expensive that the local armed forces are more likely to have gone with a more viable option like the SVD.

If you want to debate then please present a real argument instead of throwing around childish assumptions and loaded questions.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

M82/107 is too "good". I hope they add something like a Barrett MRAD (precision rifle) or a M95 (still must be one shot but a bit harder to use, whatever).

I never complained about these guns in the mod but once you get your hands on one of those you feel like you're the God.

The only thing I learned from ArmA/DayZ is that it really differs from Battlefield/CoD play style. It's all about the guy who sees/shoots first, so terms like "overpowered/underpowered gun" really don't apply to these games.

Also people even use anti-materiel rifles in ACE missions such as XM109 to take out light armour, and nobody complains about them to be overpowered.

Edited by Barrett_killz
  • Like 2

It's nothing to do with the weapons being "too good" or "overpowered", it's the fact that they just do not fit the setting.

I think we will see some very powerful kit as Rocket mentioned that he wanted to introduce a global economy, i.e. some items being limited to x number being available across all servers, but I do not think we will ever see .50cal rifles as they just don't fit.

• Like 1

i have no issue with a rare anti-materiel rifle, but rather have a russian or chinese model like the OSV-96.

also, ammo should be rare. and by rare i mean the chance of finding one single bullet should equal the dayz mods chance of finding one single can of mountain dew.

• Like 1